You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW EMAIL FOR SHANE FOULKES CRETACEOUS CREATIONS STUDIO

Started by s.foulkes, June 12, 2012, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Hahaha! No worries, Joel. I'm sure you'll be able to get ahold of one. Don't wait too long though!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Joel

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on June 19, 2012, 03:40:43 AM
Hahaha! No worries, Joel. I'm sure you'll be able to get ahold of one. Don't wait too long though!
Yeah, if all goes well, I should be able to purchase it on Friday (crosses fingers and knocks on wood).

RKM

Quote from: s.foulkes on June 19, 2012, 01:12:18 AM
It used to me yes name is now reconized as Majungasaurus sort of the same way Brontosaurus is Apatosaurus and Indicrotheruim is Paraceratherium , know what i mean vern!
In my first book of prehistoric animals I had as a kid, Paraceratherium was called Balucitherium and they were still calling Allosaurus Antrodemus.

RKM

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 19, 2012, 02:25:50 AM
Quote from: s.foulkes on June 18, 2012, 10:12:03 PM
some more shots too. love Steves work. On my copy i will choose more variant colors .Who would be interested in seeing me do a 1/15th Elasmosaurus marine reptile ?

I would def be interested in seeing it..as well as a pliosaur eventually. Great companion pieces for the Tylo..which I still need to pick up...lol
Everything you just said is almost exactly what I would have said from wanting a pliosaur to eventually getting the mosasaur. I think one of the inbetweeny plesiosaurs like Rhomaleosaurus would be good too, all in 1/15 scale. It would probably be easier for me to make a list of animals I dont want Shane to make than to rattle off a huge list but I must say I would love a 1/15 Ceratosaurus ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Someday perhaps when Shane gets bored he might consider making an add-ons set for his kits. Such a set, might be similar to what Tamiya did with the small set of extra animals you could purchase for their diorama set. As long as it was cast in scale, you could offer add ons, like a nest, perhaps a bird, or lizards, or snakes. Bones, carcass, Cycads, perhaps a few smaller dinosaur figs, etc. You could sell this as an ADD on to already existing kits, but the sweet part is you could even sell this to modelers building other designers kits, that just needed a little boost to the base or overall effect.You would even have a market in people who already have kits, as some might wish to add a few touches to their existing model.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Lady medusa

Shane i would love to see you do a series of marine reptiles besides tylosaurus. Im really wanting some kits of prehistoric fish too.

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on June 19, 2012, 09:09:13 PM
Hey Shane,

Just to let you know. Looks like those Thailand re-casters are on it again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unpainted-Resin-Model-Kit-Kritosaurus-vs-Crocodile-Dinosaur-scale-1-18-/251081249136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759bd170#ht_2077wt_1029

I saw those they have been on for like a week -week and a half. Still cheaper to order them from shane :P.
Do they really copy and recast someones work? Micheal trcic's (im positive i mispelled his name, ) work is on there too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lady medusa on June 21, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
Shane i would love to see you do a series of marine reptiles besides tylosaurus. Im really wanting some kits of prehistoric fish too.

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on June 19, 2012, 09:09:13 PM
Hey Shane,

Just to let you know. Looks like those Thailand re-casters are on it again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unpainted-Resin-Model-Kit-Kritosaurus-vs-Crocodile-Dinosaur-scale-1-18-/251081249136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a759bd170#ht_2077wt_1029

I saw those they have been on for like a week -week and a half. Still cheaper to order them from shane :P.
Do they really copy and recast someones work? Micheal trcic's (im positive i mispelled his name, ) work is on there too.

Hmm..could be re-casters or re-sellers..it's hard to tell.  If you had the kit in hand and compared the two you could probably tell but re-casters have gotten very good at what they do. 

Dan

This is when we can all use the "report item" button on the listing to take the recasting scumbag down.

RKM

Quote from: Dan on June 21, 2012, 08:10:37 PM
This is when we can all use the "report item" button on the listing to take the recasting scumbag down.
Seller even lists that it is a recast, when I tried to report I found it quite difficult to select exactly why I was reporting from Ebays drop down lists? >:(

Joel

I just ordered the Majungasaurus. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

Shane also said on the last board that that those recasters aren't much of a bother to him, because he can outsell them 100 to 1! Those guys are still SOB's, so we should continue to give them hell. As for the reporting the item, choose copyright and trademark, next will be bootleg records or unauthorized media, and then the best selection would be unauthorized photocopies of printed material. Explain in the comments section that this is Shane Foulkes's work, and they should visit his website for proof.

s.foulkes

Well let me say this ,i did go through ebay and report them and so have several others, ebay has done nothing, also contacted the seller and told them a earfull as well. Yes this is a recast and no its not hard too tell, i can tell very easy as im the one who made them. I didnt say they dont bother me , They both me alot, what i do say is they cant hurt my business as i out sell them 100 to 1 and for those very few people who do buy these recast from them , guess what , i dont want them as customers anyway . IF  a person who buys my stuff as a recast then i dont want them in the first place so its no loss to me. There will always be these idoits around and the best thing i can do is be very careful who i sell to overseas and how i sell overseas, i have a system that has worked well but some models have slipped through not by my hands, but by folks who have bought from me and then resold them to overseas buyers. none of my kits sold through and by me directly have been recasted . second hand selling is a problem i cant control.
thanks too all those who help fight the good fight  with me. its appreciated.

[attachment msg=12417][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

dgmilner

I selected: Copyright and trademark ->  Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer -> Counterfeit, fake or replica items, and then provided a brief description indicating the model was an unauthorized recast.

That was a while ago. I don't know why eBay hasn't done anything.

Seller even lists that it is a recast, when I tried to report I found it quite difficult to select exactly why I was reporting from Ebays drop down lists?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dgmilner on June 24, 2012, 01:07:52 PM
I selected: Copyright and trademark ->  Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer -> Counterfeit, fake or replica items, and then provided a brief description indicating the model was an unauthorized recast.

Seller even lists that it is a recast, when I tried to report I found it quite difficult to select exactly why I was reporting from Ebays drop down lists?

You'll find eBay doesn't do a heck of a lot...and certainly not in a hurry anyway.  In my past experiences it can take months before they review and check something. :/

Joel

I guess in order to get ebay to listen to us, we need to tell them if they don't take down the listing, then we are going to use other payment methods besides Paypal for online purchases. It's owned by ebay, and I know most of us use it far more often than ebay itself. Of course, we can limit our usage of ebay as well, but to be more effective, we should stop using Paypal also. It's just as well, because Paypal treats us like garbage. A short while ago I sent money via Paypal to someone and mistyped their e-mail address. Well, instead of treating this as an invalid action (the mistyped e-mail did not belong to anyone, so it did not go to a wrong person), Paypal took the money and let it sit in limbo so Paypal could accumulate interest. I asked them repeatably to send the money back, but they kept giving me the run around and refused to send it back until a few days pass. It may be a pain, but we should start using money orders again until these freaking A-holes start listening to us.

And Shane, I apologize that I misinterpreted what you said on the last board. Of course these guys would bother you! I get very angry when someone steals my ideas too, so I can only imagine what it must feel like when someone rips off something you spend many months working on.

s.foulkes

Yes Joel you total get it. your fine im glad you have my back. yes i agree on all acounts ,good ol money orders have not failed me in the 18 years i have been doing this, nor in that time have i ever had a bounced personal check from any of my customers not once in 18 years!!! now that says something about the people who buy from me , good poeple to the core and thats not common place these days when it comes to business so...................so i am blessed to be surounded by stand up folks. treating people the way you want to me treated pays off. below are images of a new model that im desparately trying to get finished by the end if this month for Horst Bruckmann from Germany. its a 1/15th scale Paraceratherium.

[attachment msg=12446][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Joel

Shane, I will always have your back. You're one of the few people left in the world who respects his customers and provides us (me especially) with something we want. You can count on me if you ever need help. I'll keep bombarding those jerks at ebay every time this happens.

And that Paraceratherium looks awesome! We spoke on the phone the other day about the number of casts Horst is going to allow. Has he said anything about it yet? In any event, save one of those casts for me, please!

RKM

Quote from: dgmilner on June 24, 2012, 01:07:52 PM

Thanks for the advice on how to report the trash, job done!, though remains to be seen wether or not it will do any good.
Shane I think the Paraceratherium looks beautiful, makes me hopeful that you may tackle more prehistoric mammals in the future :)

Joel

It's still up. In the description which only allows 100 characters, I wrote "There have been many complaints about this item. If it were from a big business, it would be off."

I love how ebay then informs us "We'll review your report carefully and take appropriate action. You don't need to contact us about your report again."
Don't worry ebay, I'll keep contacting you.

0onarcissisto0

Seriously, recasts are garbage quality anyway. No way they're getting my business. By the way, Shane, what's the status on the Psittacosaurus? And also just wondering if you managed to send out my Chasmo yet. :)

- DK -

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: