You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW EMAIL FOR SHANE FOULKES CRETACEOUS CREATIONS STUDIO

Started by s.foulkes, June 12, 2012, 10:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on June 26, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Seriously, recasts are garbage quality anyway. No way they're getting my business. By the way, Shane, what's the status on the Psittacosaurus? And also just wondering if you managed to send out my Chasmo yet. :)

Right about the Psittacosaurus, at 1/1 what size model are you aiming for? These guys ranged from six feet to ten inches. Tail quills or nor?  I would like to know anything at all about this kit and what it will cost as it is something I have to get. thanks
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

s.foulkes

To Russell,  yes i do hope to do more Mammals being careful not to impose on Mr.Coopers paleocraft business of course. he's the man there.
To Joel, thanks for helping fight the recasters...scum.
To Jeb, Yes i shipped it and when i checked the tracking  it showed delivered? i will track it again tonight and get back with you here is the tracking number for your records, #cw087964460us by post office. still working on the Psittaco along with the paracera.
To amarga about the Psittacosaurus well here is the progress shots so far. its a subadult at 39"long per the request of the person commissioning me to do it and yes he said we can make molds and sell castings when that time comes.

[attachment msg=12580][/attachment]

[attachment msg=12580][/attachment]
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

s.foulkes

Oh and yes i will have a bag of quills from the taxidermy shop included with each kit per request from the customer ordering . small holes can be drilled into the tail and inserted one at a time. or if the buyer chooses not to have them then the sculpt is ready to go as is. i felt this was the best option. One can create the effect of quills as a solid panel of quills all connected as a one piece unit on small little sculpts like the ones for sale on Shapeways site but not on life size ones like this ,it would look too fake. I going for full realism here. Hope its the right choice!

amargasaurus cazaui

That is a gorgeous dinosaur Shane. I love the way the eyes you used really bring the face out in it. I am very excited about it and am anxious to see what it will cost , perhaps a built cost, and etc. I found myself comparing the sculpt to the skeleton i have and wondering what species you modeled. I could not find a Psittacosaur that had a skull large enough to accodate a horn between the nasal and the eye orbit. In mine for instance, its so close together that it would be impossible.
  Of course your model is roughly fifteen inches longer than the skeleton I am comparing to so....thanks for the incredible pictures, and I am of course watching this one closely.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Psittacosaur looks pretty awesome ! I hope  to get it and the 1/1 Velociraptor at some point.. ;D

RKM

Quote from: s.foulkes on June 27, 2012, 04:54:47 AM
To Russell,  yes i do hope to do more Mammals being careful not to impose on Mr.Coopers paleocraft business of course. he's the man there.
To Joel, thanks for helping fight the recasters...scum.
To Jeb, Yes i shipped it and when i checked the tracking  it showed delivered? i will track it again tonight and get back with you here is the tracking number for your records, #cw087964460us by post office. still working on the Psittaco along with the paracera.
To amarga about the Psittacosaurus well here is the progress shots so far. its a subadult at 39"long per the request of the person commissioning me to do it and yes he said we can make molds and sell castings when that time comes.
That you don't want to impose on Mr.Coopers business shows what a gentleman you are, I can certainly understand your reasons for that as I am a fan of his work too. I do plan to buy some of his kits in the future i think the only thing that has stopped me from doing so is the smaller scale that he works in. I doubt if I'll resist for long his Arsinoitherium looks great and the new African mammals he's planning to release are beautiful too. I must say I would love some extinct Pachyderms in a larger scale, Elephas recki and Deinotherium would be amazing at 1/15 scale!

s.foulkes

Russell funny you say that as just last week i decided to do a 1/15th Deinotheruim! short trunk version, cant wait, will be fun to see it next to the paraceratheruim in scale .
News flash!!!!!!!!!! My customer who commissioned me to sculpt the Paracera has announced to me by email today that there will be a limited run on only 25 Paracera's ,thats 25 ONLY then they will be gone. the mold and the master sculpt will go to him in Germany for safe keeping . price is yet to be determined but im guessing in the 375 to 425 range? not sure . i will keep you posted here on the DTF.

[attachment msg=12655][/attachment]

0onarcissisto0

Hey Shane,

So yeah I did receive the Chasmo. I didn't realize since I was in Toronto for the past two days. The only thing is that you forgot to install the glass eyes as promised :(
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

caspakian

I know I am going to catch grief for this, but what is up with people airing their problems with the sculptors in a public forum? They have email addresses. If you have tried emailing them personally with no success, then I can see trying to contact them through the forum, but pointing out "you didn't do this" or "I have been waiting for ever for that" hurts these guys business. Personally, I think these type of things can be taken care of without airing them on the forum. I very much want Shane, Sean Cooper, Galileo and David Silva to prosper with their businesses.
All of these guys are as honest as the day is long. Mistakes happen from time to time, and it takes time to make quality molds and castings.

caspakian

On another note......Yes!!!!! I have been waiting for a quality model of the Indricotherium and the Deinotherium for years. I can't believe I am finally going to have a shot at getting them. Thanks for undertaking both of these projects Shane. You can count on my order for both of them (you already knew that, didn't ya). Thanks also to Horst for commissioning the Indricotherium and allowing it to be cast.

s.foulkes

Thanks for the kind words my friend but to Jeb im sorry for forgeting to install the glass eyes, you wouldnt believe how many orders i have been trying to fill ,over 30 in the last month alone. lots of packing ,trips to the post office, cordinating with all 3 casters and placing orders in the proper order to insure that my customers dont have to wait too long. Also i have to clean each part of the raw castings before i ship them so i have alot of time spent doing this as well not to mention im still sculpting on the Paraceratherium which has to be done by this Sunday as promised (an expensive commission) and still work on the life size Psittacosaur, and 4 other sculpts i have in progress too. Unfortunately my father has Alzhimers and had to be placed into a nursing center so im over there almost every day making sure he gets the kind of care and dignity he deserves,  be a good Dad to my son and give him my time also as many dads do. Not to use this as an excuse but i just wanted to let my customers know that if i mess up its not because i dont care or im slacking on service its just that im dividing myself thin these days and mistakes will happen and promises will be missed. I do care when i miss my mark , and its not something i like doing, sort of a personal pride issue. Yes i too would prefer to have my errors via email so that i dont waste everyones time by reading looooooooooooong threads like this. ;)

[attachment msg=12681][/attachment]

RKM

Quote from: s.foulkes on June 28, 2012, 04:06:59 AM
Russell funny you say that as just last week i decided to do a 1/15th Deinotheruim! short trunk version, cant wait, will be fun to see it next to the paraceratheruim in scale .
News flash!!!!!!!!!! My customer who commissioned me to sculpt the Paracera has announced to me by email today that there will be a limited run on only 25 Paracera's ,thats 25 ONLY then they will be gone. the mold and the master sculpt will go to him in Germany for safe keeping . price is yet to be determined but im guessing in the 375 to 425 range? not sure . i will keep you posted here on the DTF.
Well I must say I'm very pleased to hear that Shane ;D my Ankylosaurus arrived today and I'm very pleased with it! I love the subtle curve of the body and the staunchly planted feet as if gearing up to take a swing at an attacker, highly recommended! I should be too old to get excited when I open a new box to be confronted by the smell of fresh resin but do any of us dino fans ever really grow up? lol
Abour the Paraceratherium, I don't know how you're going to decide who the lucky bunnys will be but i would like to throw my ticket in the hat for consideration. Sorry to read about your father my own dad is very ill now so I can appreciate how difficult things can be, I don't have any kids of my own I can't imagine how difficult it must be to try and juggle all of these things and still do a sterling job of work, more credit to you!

s.foulkes

Actually Simon the FACT is only me and my customer know what has inspired between us so to get on the thread and say that he is only posting becasause he has exhausted his efforts otherwise is fictional. Jeb is a solid customer of mine and was not making a big deal about it just mentioning it, end of story ,he did not even email or call me once. He asked for me to install glass eyes when he ordered it and i forgot in the rush of it all when it came time to ship and he opened the package then decided to let me know , no big deal, so please dont lump me in with your above post as i am not one of those who ignor and disrespect. im proud of my reputation and i have alot of good people behind me and i believe its because OF the way i do my business. i refuse to get lumped in to the general sterio type of service your speaking of sir!

Simon

Shane - I was referring to the (now-departed from DTF) Galileo's documented problems with communication and timeliness, NOT you.  Mea Culpa if that wasn't clear from my original post!

I've gotten several items from you over the years, your customer service has always been first rate and your willingness to fill unusual orders was very much appreciated!!!

Now I think I'll delete the other post - its confusing to have it in a thread regarding Cretaceous Creations!

0onarcissisto0

I'm glad you understood my intentions, Shane. I was a little offended by your comment actually, Caspakian, given that I've always been a loyal customer to Shane with several purchases and pre-orders. And I have never been a complainer nor anything but polite to all the sellers and members at the DTF. And I agree with Simon in that bringing up small issues like these actually give Shane a chance to show just how good his customer service is. There have been many examples in this forum and in the one prior. Anyway, I'll email you about the eyes, Shane.

Thanks

- DK -

caspakian

I am not going to get into a war of words over this. I was just calling it like I saw it. I don't see the need to point out someones mistake to the whole forum when all you had to do was send an email. In my opinion, it would have been more considerate. And my comments were not intended to offend anyone. 0onarcissisto0, I apologize if it seems I singled you out on this. After joining this forum and the Clubhouse forum, it seems that is all I read is stuff like this. I want to read about paleoart, tips on how to properly put these models together, to see everyones finished art, to get updates to see what the sculptors are working on, etc. If you and others want to get upset with me over this, that is fine. I knew my comments would not be well recieved, but I can take it. Just please don't take my comment out on Shane. 0onarcissisto0, I apologize for offending you and hope to have many more pleasant conversations with you in the future about the hobby.

On another note, I want to ask, do we have the capability in this forum to send PMs (private messages to other forum members)?

s.foulkes

No worries Simon i also forgot to put a smiley face with a WINK! after the post . its hard to tell the persons tone of voice in a posting! anyway i was just jumping it with plastic swords here to stake my good will intensions not angry at all.  8) Dave was just taking my back like you Jeb as he has been with me from the start of my business venture, he's a good dog with no bite only a bark or two. just kidding Dave YO DOG!
I will give notice under this post when the time comes for preorders and just to clear things up on ordering limited items, you dont need to put your name on a list as i take the orders in order they come in as a first come first serve basis but the buyer needs to email me first before maling payment to insure that i still have castings left once this things becomes available otherwise if someone places an order and all 25 are spoken for then i will have to return the money and i dont want to return any money :'( :'( :'( .... ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

In that case I am placing a PRE-order for the Psittacosaurus so that it is reserved for me, and I am not left without, in case it is limited. Thanks.

0onarcissisto0

No worries, Caspakian. Apology gladly accepted :). And yeah, let's just all get back to talking about the hobby that we love!

- DK -

RKM

Hi folks, do any of you remember Shanes old 1/18 scale Torosaurus? I bought mine through Link n' Pin years ago before they went bust.
heres some pix of it It's not finished yet as I painted it by hand with acrylics and artists pastels, I decided to leave it as it is for now until I get myself an airbrush and learn how to use it, since I reckon I could get more subtle variations in the patterning with an airbrush.
Does anyone have any reccomendations about wich airbrush model I should get? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to spoil any of my new models.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: