News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptor "Spring Heeled Jack" and "Alex DeLarge"

Started by joossa, December 10, 2016, 03:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

The colour scheme seems very similar to the Papo Velociraptor version 2. I'm curious to see how many of these raptors they will actually release, eventually. I doubt they'll be seven, for me personally four would be more than enough.

stargatedalek

So this one is going to be Blue, if they do the TLW tiger striped raptors in a pose I like I may actually get one, though I hope I can make do with fixing up one of my many Kenner JP raptors...

PumperKrickel

deleted

CityRaptor

Oh, hey it is Blue. So REBOR is getting more and more involved into that unofficial third party thing.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 20, 2017, 09:54:50 AM
They´ll do at least four in order to complete the raptor squad from JW. Then one in JP colours and probably the male and female from JP3. I´d expect them to make a LW version as well, but that would be 8 then...

If they do the JW raptor squad I'm definitely in. Wouldn't be bad the JP3 pair too, but the male should have quills on the back of its head. If they actually make these two sets "Stan" and "Winston" can be seen as inspired to the original novel, where raptors are described as tiger-striped, and where there are adults and babies. Otherwise "Winston" colour might be a cross between the JP and TLW raptors.

Dyscrasia

Shonisaurus

In short, these figures are kept standing by means of a support such as Favorite Archeopteryx for example.

Reptilia

I wonder if they'll produce all seven sculpts in two colours, one in standard JP novel canon and the second replicating the various patterns we've seen in the movies. At this point I guess I was right thinking that "Sweeney" and "Rose" are the same sculpt, probably they only differ in colour like these two. To be honest I don't want to have countless JP raptors in different colour variants, but here's an hard choice. "Winston" and "Jack" should be awesome together, but at the same time I think that "Alex" is the most amazing piece of merchandise ever released for the Jurassic Park franchise. I hope none of these will be limited like the bronze version of "Winston" was.

Shonisaurus

I if I spend money is in the carnotaurus Rebor. Velociraptors are fairly well-kept animals in the toy market and more in the Jurassic Park version.

Reptilia

I bet you to find better JP raptors in PVC form than those produced by Rebor. But to each their own.

Sigmasaurus

As much as I dislike Rebor, I think it looks very nice.

Patrx

D'you suppose they've named it "Alex DeLarge" because it's too "large" to be Velociraptor;D

I kid, this is actually the first product of theirs I like the look of. Yes, JP 'raptors have been made over and over, but not usually very well, at least not in PVC. I'm certainly not going to buy one, but I can see the appeal.

Victoria's Cantina

Both raptors look really cool, but I'm a little annoyed I'd have to buy two of the same sculpt to get both color patterns. Does this mean that we won't actually be getting seven different raptors like Rebor claimed, but just four sculpts, with three of the sculpts being offered in two different color schemes, plus the already released Winston? Or are they really doing seven different sculpts with six of them in different color schemes plus Winston (fifteen raptors total)? I'm inclined to think it's the former, but who knows.

Reptilia

They said at least seven different raptors in different pose and colour. That makes me think to seven sculpts, but with Rebor you never know. We got "Winston" standard and limited edition faux bronze, "Spring Heeled Jack" and "Alex Delarge", then probably "Sweeney" and "Rose", plus four more sculpts across the next couple of years, I guess. I'm inclined to get "Winston" and "Alex", but I think I'm going to wait and see what they do with the next one. As I said before I just hope the colour variant isn't a limited thing.

Shonisaurus

I prefer to wait for several Papo figures to be released to buy them all together. I will surely order http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de for the repainted triceratops or figures like the velociraptor copper (if they do any more) I will not buy them Nor by sight. I do not have any money left over. With having a version is more than enough I will buy the velociraptor Alex or Jack in my case, buy the two is to throw the money.

Dyscrasia

joossa

The paint jobs on these are pretty cool. I wish is wasn't on a tight budget! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

The one raptor looks a little more yellow than it did before. Previously it looked a little more orangey? Now it's basically Winston in a new pose. Maybe I'll go with the other version instead.

Faelrin

It does look less orangey. That kind of disappoints me too, because I was hoping the one would be based off TLW male raptor colors. To this day it's still my favorite color scheme for the JP/JW raptors. I guess I'll just wait and see, for reviews of this product, or until the other raptors they're planning show up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Victoria's Cantina

Exactly my thinking. It's a little disappointing, but I suppose at least it'll match with Winston if you display them together.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: