News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2018 hopes & Dreams

Started by Killekor, December 17, 2016, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhead Whale

Schleich:
-To stop copying other companies and start making your own species.
-To stop taking all the place in stores.

Bullyland:
-Better accuracy in your carnivorous mammals sculptings.

CollectA:
-To start being available on THIS side of the ocean.

Safari ltd:
-PLEASE study mythology before making mythological animals.

Chap Mei:
-To remember Jurassic Park was just a movie, not the summum of knowledge about dinosaurs.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Bowhead Whale on September 26, 2017, 09:46:32 PM
Schleich:
-To stop taking all the place in stores.

CollectA:
-To start being available on THIS side of the ocean.

YES and YES. Man, I remember when it was Safari and Carnegie that were in all the stores instead stupid Schleich. Those were the days.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

You know what I just realized I'd like to see from Safari? A Pygmy Right Whale! It's not technically a prehistoric animal, but as it has recently been reevaluated as the last, late-surviving member of the cetothere family, it has a bit of a prehistoric air about it now.  ;)

Archosauria

I'm pretty pleased with the recently revealed models for 2018, especially the Safari Ltd Mastodon and the Schleich Psittacosaurus.

But I hope that someone makes a nice Baryonyx figure, as Baryonyx hasn't exactly lucked out in terms of being immortalized in plastic *cough cough* Papo, Jurassic Park, CollectA *cough cough*.

Other things I'd like to see are...

-Megatherium
-Yi Qi
-Goyocephale
-an updated Utahraptor
-Protoceratops

But above all else, I just wish Battat would release those other models already  :-[
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Shonisaurus

I would also like for Battat to re-edit the discontinued dinosaur models. For eBay they are impossible to buy. Their prices and bids are wild and prohibitive.  :(

On the other hand I would be interested in them to make new models and as good as those of the sadly disappeared Dan LoRusso

Jose S.M.

I just remembered one of my hopes, I don't really remember if it has been said before, but I want Safari and CollectA to make some theropods with their mouth closed. I was looking at my figures and only my WS Coelophysis and Yutyrannus ha e closed their mouths.

Reptilia

Collecta deluxe theropods have a movable jaw, so you can close their mouths if you like.

Jose S.M.

Yeah but I'm not quite fond of their deluxe theropods, and I'm not a fan of movable jaws because the articulation tends to show, but it's a good option for sure, I'm planning to get this years Papo theropods and I'm happy that I can close their mouths.

Irritation

The only thing I don't like about CollectA is that they make dinosaurs with bases and that really bugs me.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Irritation on October 15, 2017, 06:46:33 PM
The only thing I don't like about CollectA is that they make dinosaurs with bases and that really bugs me.

I have nothing against their bases, but I wish they were more detailed, or more inconspicuous, somethimes I feel like CollectA's bases have sizes or shapes that are not necessary to achieve balance.

Neosodon

Why do you despise them so much? I try to avoid getting any bipedal dinosaur without a base now. I've gotten tiered of enlarged feet, tripods and figures that can't stand up.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

Quote from: Archosauria on October 12, 2017, 05:22:41 AM
I'm pretty pleased with the recently revealed models for 2018, especially the Safari Ltd Mastodon and the Schleich Psittacosaurus.

But I hope that someone makes a nice Baryonyx figure, as Baryonyx hasn't exactly lucked out in terms of being immortalized in plastic *cough cough* Papo, Jurassic Park, CollectA *cough cough*.

Considering how many of Safari's 2017 figures were new versions of species that had been in the Carnegie line, I'm really hoping that they put out a new Baryonyx in the next couple of years. I don't love any of the ones that are currently available.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Irritation

Quote from: Neosodon on October 15, 2017, 07:45:00 PM
Why do you despise them so much? I try to avoid getting any bipedal dinosaur without a base now. I've gotten tiered of enlarged feet, tripods and figures that can't stand up.
The Papo Allosaurus doesn't have enlarged feet as far as I know even though that I don't have the figure. Besides, I much more prefer any bipedal dinosaurs to not have them so people can put them anywhere rather than being stuck with one environment.

Halichoeres

In light of 1) the observation that many 2017 models and at least one 2018 model from Safari have been Carnegie replacements, 2) the fact that Safari currently has no ichthyosaur in its lineup, and 3) most years feature at least one aquatic thing, I'm hoping they release some ichthyosaur this year, but I hope it's a genus other than Ichthyosaurus proper. Cymbospondylus, Eurhinosaurus, Shastasaurus, Platypterygius....
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

... or Shonisaurus, why not. But which 2018 model is a Carnegie replacement?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on October 20, 2017, 02:24:31 AM

A shonisaurus would be welcome in my collection; I'd like to see the Permian and Triassic better-represented in general.

The ankylosaurus and styracosaurus (if that is indeed the mystery ceratopsid) would both be Carnegie replacements. Also it's possible the thinner mystery sauropod legs could be amargasaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Reptilia

Oh yes, Ankylosaurus of course.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 20, 2017, 02:58:35 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on October 20, 2017, 02:24:31 AM

A shonisaurus would be welcome in my collection; I'd like to see the Permian and Triassic better-represented in general.

The ankylosaurus and styracosaurus (if that is indeed the mystery ceratopsid) would both be Carnegie replacements. Also it's possible the thinner mystery sauropod legs could be amargasaurus.

Shonisaurus is a necessary figure. Since the disappearance of the Schleich is necessary for a factory of renown a copy of this type.

On the other hand it would be for me also welcome a Safari ichyosaurus after the disappearance of the one of Carnegie.

I would also like Collecta to make a Deluxe figure of the marine reptiles of the ichyosaurus family.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on October 15, 2017, 06:58:03 PM

I have nothing against their bases, but I wish they were more detailed, or more inconspicuous, somethimes I feel like CollectA's bases have sizes or shapes that are not necessary to achieve balance.

I prefer dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (if they can not stand for themselves) in fixed plastic bases such as those of Collecta, Rebor, Favorite and PNSO have removable bases and honestly do not convince me although I respect the philosophy of each company. , although in that I agree that I would like Jose says a detailed bases that would balance the dinosaur or the prehistoric animal and that they were quite decorative and then make dioramas.

Archosauria

I haven't a problem with dinosaurs on bases, it's the warping that I hate.

Oh how I hate warping, it shall be banned.

There is nothing more annoying than a dinosaur on a base beginning to warp.

Seriously, I had bought the CollectA Pachycephalosaurus awhile back, and literally three days after I bought it it began to warp.
And that was like four months ago, so now it's practically touching the floor with its mouth.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: