News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: MLMjp on April 21, 2017, 07:28:22 PM
I really really really like some of the stuff I am seeing here, the Spinosaurus, the stegosaur, the mamenchisaur, those theropods, Tsintaosaurus.....But there is no room for excitement since these will likely be out of my price range. :( :( :( :(

same here, sigh!  :(

Reptilia

And what are these, more prototypes?

*** pictures gone thank to Postimage ***

Flaffy

Dobber

I like that Elasmosaurus a lot.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Wow! All of them were on my 2018 wants and dreams list, except for the Ophthalmosaurus and Elasmosaurus. And two of the creatures from my list, in a diorama together?! PNSO is an incredible company!

Bucklander

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 24, 2017, 12:15:53 PM
Wow! All of them were on my 2018 wants and dreams list, except for the Ophthalmosaurus and Elasmosaurus. And two of the creatures from my list, in a diorama together?! PNSO is an incredible company!

Sorry to be a party pooper (and anyway, I may well be completely wrong - I certainly hope that I am) but I really wouldn't get my hopes up, expecting these to ALL be released commercially as figures. I reckon it'd be a safe bet that a few (at least) of these are intended as museum displays ONLY. And as far as the Opthalmosaurus is concerned, it looks pretty much like the mini figure they've already released. Still, as I say, I may well be wrong. I just hate to see people getting their hearts broken. ;)

BlueKrono

And even if they are released they might be nearly unattainable except direct from China, like the Amazon fiasco.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

I think it's safe to compare these display pieces to concept art for the figures. They were probably intended to secondarily gauge interest for potential future figures.

That being said, it's safe to assume everything in the other montage photo is actually going to be released as a figure.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Bucklander on April 24, 2017, 01:24:26 PM

Sorry to be a party pooper (and anyway, I may well be completely wrong - I certainly hope that I am) but I really wouldn't get my hopes up, expecting these to ALL be released commercially as figures. I reckon it'd be a safe bet that a few (at least) of these are intended as museum displays ONLY. And as far as the Opthalmosaurus is concerned, it looks pretty much like the mini figure they've already released. Still, as I say, I may well be wrong. I just hate to see people getting their hearts broken. ;)
Even if they are just museum models, it is likely that they will make dioramas in the future, hopefully one including a Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus fighting. They will also probably make a larger Nyctosaurus in the future. I hope you are right in that they are actually prototypes. A lot of people, including me, probably want larger marine reptiles.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 24, 2017, 02:43:03 PM

Even if they are just museum models, it is likely that they will make dioramas in the future, hopefully one including a Carcharodontosaurus and Spinosaurus fighting. They will also probably make a larger Nyctosaurus in the future. I hope you are right in that they are actually prototypes. A lot of people, including me, probably want larger marine reptiles.

A larger nyctosaurus urges on the dinosaur toy market. On the other hand marine reptiles apart from well made are 100 percent scientists. Congratulations to the PNSO. I can not say more.  :)

ceratopsian

I'm working on the principle that some things will be released as models - some won't get that far.  If only a few things a year come out from PNSO, I'll be happy.

PumperKrickel

deleted

terrorchicken

Quote from: Dobber on April 24, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

Chris

that head is pure nightmare fuel, I love it!

tanystropheus

All of them were on my 2018 wants and dreams list, except for the Ophthalmosaurus and Elasmosaurus.

All of them were on my 2018 wants and dreams list, especially for the Ophthalmosaurus and Elasmosaurus. Yeah, my list always includes marine reptiles, ceratopsians and pterosaurs.

tanystropheus

What if none of these models are meant to be sold to the public, except for the demonic-eyes Triceratops? ...I really hope I am wrong about that...these models are a Collector's dream come true.

tanystropheus

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 24, 2017, 06:11:12 PM
Quote from: Dobber on April 24, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

Chris

that head is pure nightmare fuel, I love it!

We still need a definitive Elasmosaurus in the market. The WS Elasmosaurus has very sloppy paint job, and the Schleich Elasmosaurus is outdated (i.e neck dynamics). REBOR could potentially make a great Elasmosaurus but they are too focused on generics and JP models. Papo could potentially make a great Elasmosaurus if they have Mr. Seo sculpt them (instead of the rogue sculptor). PNSO already has an excellent Elasmosaurus --they need to release this now!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on April 23, 2017, 01:12:33 PM
It's too bad they seem to have put a white dot in the Amargasaurus's eyes, like they did for the Mandschurosaurus.  It seems to me this doesn't really fit with making a replica that's supposed to look realistic.

I wonder if they were going for a night vision look (e.g REBOR Deinonychus clan)

Dyscrasia

From the PNSO facebook page: Hi guys. It has been a long time since PNSO post on Facebook last time because PNSO is too busy with a BIG new project. Guess what is ZHAO Chuang painting?
https://www.facebook.com/pnso2009/

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 25, 2017, 08:07:11 AM
From the PNSO facebook page: .....

Oh yes!  Nice to see them posting again.  I'd love to know the identity of the stegosaur that is all blurred in the foreground.

sauroid

it looks like a Tuojiangosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: