News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 20, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
....I like that the Tsintaosaurus is in repose....

That definitely makes it very attractive for me too.  Unusual poses call out to me very strongly.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 20, 2017, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
These all look like large toys to my eyes. I'm more curious to see what the new miniatures are.
Some of the smaller pictures next to the large ones are in different poses, I think those are the minis.

Ah yes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

..... And I've been wanting a good Mamenchisaurus for a while now. I'll be almost as happy if it proves to be an Omeisaurus instead.

Given that both a Huayangosaurus and a Tsintaosaurus were in their previous line-up of those very expensive limited edition models, my money is on Mamenchisaurus - which was the third member of the limited edition group.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on April 20, 2017, 05:59:11 PM
Somebody in Europe seriously needs to stock these beauties !
Mike, Miron, ... anybody ?

OK, don't tell me.
Make it a surprise  ::).

Although it is not Europe but the United States, there are Dean Walker (Dejankinds) and Brett (Favorite, Kaiyodo and other beauties of Asia) that can supply us for the beauties of PNSO.  :)

In Europe I think that for now they do not risk marketing these figures or they do not want to. Together they focus on Rebor in this case and something in Recur  :-\

ceratopsian

Those of us in Europe can also use acro-man's services.  I've found him very reliable.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 20, 2017, 10:05:17 PM
..... And I've been wanting a good Mamenchisaurus for a while now. I'll be almost as happy if it proves to be an Omeisaurus instead.

Given that both a Huayangosaurus and a Tsintaosaurus were in their previous line-up of those very expensive limited edition models, my money is on Mamenchisaurus - which was the third member of the limited edition group.

Good point, I'm sure you're right.

I wonder what fish Spinosaurus has for dinner. I am at this point fairly bored with Spinosaurus figures, but I can still be convinced to get one if it comes with a good fish. It's very large with what looks like a symmetrically bifurcated tail, which rules out all of the fish I know from the mid-Cretaceous of Africa (not that I know them all).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Could it be a shark? That'd be a first for a Spinosaurus figure.

Dino8me1

Here are some updated pictures I have found.
As you guessed, 7 dinosaurs are also released in mini-sized figures.

Mamenchisaurus comparing in size to the first set of PNSO

It seems to be lightweight.

According to sculptor's post on Facebook, Spinosaurus is sculpted in scale of 1/35.
This is its actual size comparing to Krentz 1/40 T.rex.

More pictures of Sinosauropteryx and Microraptor taken from different angle.

More close-up picture for misterious stegosaur (maybe Huayangosaurus as you guess ? or Toujiangosaurus ? since the forelimbs are shorter than the hindlimbs).
Yanchaunosaurus seems to be unable to stand on its own legs without base.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Mamenchi looks beautiful and HUGE!

suspsy

So that large theropod with blue on its face is Carcharodontosaurus?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shadowknight1

That Spinosaurus is really impressive.  And here I thought they couldn't get much better than the CollectA one, but these guys have proven me wrong.  Might have to go for that.  I'll really be in trouble if they put out an Acrocanthosaurus or Dilophosaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 21, 2017, 12:36:14 AM
Could it be a shark? That'd be a first for a Spinosaurus figure.

Sure, could be. I thought it looked like a teleost tail, but I'm not sure with just this one angle to judge from.

That Mamenchisaurus will be so expensive to ship...and so worth it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The mini size are exceptional are twice as good as the previous ones. PNSO is one of my favorite companies, I will certainly order several of them when I am financially recovering from Dejankinds.

They are a beauty to my eyes.  8)

Simon

That Spinosaurus ... words fail me ...  :o :o :o :o ... its gonna look SO NICE next to "Wilson"!!!!

Flaffy

Darn these are fine figures.
Let's just hope the paint job on the actual product is as good as the promo pics

DinoLord

I am going to need more space...

BlueKrono

I like how they blur the hand out, as if that could be used to ID someone over a computer screen.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

I also like very much the spinosaurus my biggest wish is that it is made of PVC as the tyrannosaurus rex nicknamed "Wilson". It would be great, although I do not dislike the vinyl I prefer solid PVC as I have already indicated.

On the other hand it is clear that it has an articulated jaw the spinosaurus PNSO will make a good pair with the Papo and especially with the one of Collecta.

What I notice is that dinosaurs from Asian companies (if they are well made) like Favorite, Kaiyodo, PNSO, and even Recur (I personally like Recur even though they are not even and ideally ideal for most forum members) They do not have to envy European and American companies in quality.

MLMjp

I really really really like some of the stuff I am seeing here, the Spinosaurus, the stegosaur, the mamenchisaur, those theropods, Tsintaosaurus.....But there is no room for excitement since these will likely be out of my price range. :( :( :( :(

Roselaar

Why do I feel there's a conspiracy going on between Safari, PNSO and BotM to slowly bankrupt me? :)

Am I glad I just more or less caught up with PNSO models. I can start on the next batch immediately...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: