News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO new for 2017

Started by acro-man, January 10, 2017, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I lived in Iowa for 24 years, and I never EVER saw any Dinosaur toys other then Schelcih Infest our corn feilds. I doubt that Listing is legit.   

Neven Florian

Can someone post the link to the seller ? I saw two other sellers on Ebay but it is far more expensive.

Flaffy

Schleich has found it's way to Hong Kong these years, there used to be limited selections of Safari and CollectA, but now it's just Schleich, Schleich everywhere, really sick and tired of seeing those ugly abominations.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 15, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
Schleich has found it's way to Hong Kong these years, there used to be limited selections of Safari and CollectA, but now it's just Schleich, Schleich everywhere, really sick and tired of seeing those ugly abominations.

Schleich is an imposition of course and it's sad that is eroding the global trade much better geometric companies and arithmetically as Collecta and Safari to name two examples.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 15, 2017, 04:24:18 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 15, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

Schleich is an imposition of course and it's sad that is eroding the global trade much better geometric companies and arithmetically as Collecta and Safari to name two examples.

Yeah, Papo is exponentially better than Schleich with immeasurable positive attributes of significance, in that regard.

acro-man

1. This Mamenchi looks so small and weak beside a T-rex, given Wilson and him are of the same 1/35 scale.
So I suppose this model represents -
"M. constructus Young, 1954: (Type species) The holotype specimen, represented by a partial skeleton that was 13 m (43 ft) long."
according to Wiki

My only complaint is the box is too big and heavy.
Oh well, at least I got a nice shoe box  :P

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

But how can the mamenchisaurus weigh about two and a half kilos? It's too much for a toy.

Although on the one hand I celebrate because it will be made of solid PVC for another is complicated when it is placed on my shelves in the future. My shelves are two meters high and if I fell on the head said figure by accident ... would be catastrophic.

Anyway from my point of view is a good figure and is also made with pretty realistic and conservative colors which I applaud.  ^-^

Bucklander

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 16, 2017, 03:37:34 PM
But how can the mamenchisaurus weigh about two and a half kilos? It's too much for a toy.

Although on the one hand I celebrate because it will be made of solid PVC for another is complicated when it is placed on my shelves in the future. My shelves are two meters high and if I fell on the head said figure by accident ... would be catastrophic.

Anyway from my point of view is a good figure and is also made with pretty realistic and conservative colors which I applaud.  ^-^

According to Acroman, the figure itself weighs only 500g. The rest of that weight (2kg) is the box.

ceratopsian

The box is huge or acro-man has very dainty feet.

Patrx

The Mamenchisaurus is delightful and all, but I require more information about those Sinosauropteryx! Are there PVC, resin, and mini PVC versions? When will they be available? But, of course, I must remain patient  :D

Simon

This Mamenchisaurus is a magnificent, wonderful, accurate sculpt - *BUT* - I shall not be getting it, because, as can be seen from the photo comparing him with TRex "Wilson", its made in much too small a scale for my own tastes.  I am out of the 1:40 and smaller scaled model collecting business.

For me its 1/35+ scale, or I ain't biting.  BTW, there is a known species of Mamenchisaurus that was amongst the largest known sauropods - THAT ONE - I would get in a "New York minute."

Luckily for me, the Huenghititan is the perfect scale to go along with "Wilson" & "Doyle" (Triceratops), and whatever other 1/35 scale figures they release.   ;)

tanystropheus

I think it will look great next to the Papo Apatosaurus.

Is the Mamenchi a standard release?

acro-man

7 new minis [Chinese Dinosaurs on Stamps]

Review by MyMr_Pan
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5167304709
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

By the way the PNSO mamenchisaurus by eBay is sold but at very high prices. From my point of view we must wait for the astronomical prices to calm down for this figure.

Lanthanotus

I am not sure what a justifiable price on that behemoth would be, but...

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 18, 2017, 07:08:19 AM
By the way the PNSO mamenchisaurus by eBay is sold but at very high prices. From my point of view we must wait for the astronomical prices to calm down for this figure.

... one could still make use of acro-man's offer (which I am tempted to do, but my this month's budget has been spent one something different).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 18, 2017, 11:29:36 AM
I am not sure what a justifiable price on that behemoth would be, but...

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 18, 2017, 07:08:19 AM

... one could still make use of acro-man's offer (which I am tempted to do, but my this month's budget has been spent one something different).

I'm going to have you bid that if without the extra box. Thanks for the Lanthanotus information.

KeU

Stumbled across this.
PNSO is not Peking Natural Science Organization, but Pecking Natural Science Organization.
Based off their Chinese name, 啄木鸟科学艺术小组.
The first 3 characters 啄木鸟 being Woodpecker, hence the pecking.
But I also see 益鸟科学艺术小组, so I'm a little confused.
Maybe they just have 2 names.

KeU

And this documentary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEdbC3oZMc&t=341s
To know more about the folks in the organization.

Carnosaur

when are the Spinosaurus, Amargasaurus, and Gigantosaurus coming out?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Carnosaur on June 30, 2017, 01:20:43 AM
when are the Spinosaurus, Amargasaurus, and Gigantosaurus coming out?

It has also been discussed that they will produce a PVC tsintaosaururs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: