News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Club Selection: Baby Stegosaurus "Clover"

Started by joossa, February 06, 2017, 12:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor St Patrick's Day Special: "Clover" the Baby Stegosaurus
Rebor Club Selection
1,000 Worldwide Limited Edition
Includes, ferns with bendy wires in the stems, a four-leaf clover, and two free (unattached) egg shell pieces.
Scale: No Scale
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: 02/04/17
Official Color Images Released on: ?
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: March, 2017

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Baby Stegosaurus "Clover". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

02/04/17:
QuoteFB User: Baby Maiasaura??
Rebor: REBOR Club Selection St Patrick's Day Special: Clover the Baby Stegosaurus :)

03/22/17:
QuoteA bit late for St. Patrick's day that is...but better late than never right? Introducing REBOR Club Selection: Clover the hatchling Stegosaurus 1000 worldwide limited edition statue features ferns with wire inserted bendable stems, two pieces of free egg shells that can be placed anywhere you like, and of course - a four-leaf clover to bring you fame, wealth, love and health!

Black and White Tease Image From Rebor's FB Banner: 02/05/17:

Black and White Image: 02/05/17:

Official Color Photos: 03/22/17:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Killekor

Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Derek.McManus

Killekor...again with the captail letters, bold type and multiple exclamation marks...?

Clover looks like an interesting product for me since Stegosaurus is a favourite dinosaur of mine and I live in Ireland and will be celebrating its national holiday St Patrick's day. Depending on price I may well purchase one hopefully it won't have mould lines like the other Rebor Stegosaurus baby I purchased.

RobinGoodfellow

..no, another egg...?  ::)  Next step will be a dino-omelette..  >:D

Minmiminime

There's an unpolarised solo pic on their Instagram feed: https://instagram.com/p/BQJdjRWl2Gc/

This one has won me over, I will pick it up.
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Jose S.M.

Flaffy

Cute, but not my cup of tea.
I'm just waiting on the herbivores Rebor announced they would make.

joossa

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 06, 2017, 05:39:44 PM
There's an unpolarised solo pic on their Instagram feed: https://instagram.com/p/BQJdjRWl2Gc/

This one has won me over, I will pick it up.
Thanks for posting that!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like them, but the eggs always look too small for the infants hatching out...i don't know..it bugs me.

Reptilia

I don't like these club selections, they were probably supposed to be cool limited items to rival Sideshows but they just come across as weird and ugly, in my opinion. If only Rebor focused on their main line we would have had more variety of figures at this point.

Flaffy

I remember then mentioning making a diplocaulus?

Victoria's Cantina

I actually think this looks really cute. I didn't expect them to do another one of these so soon after Bony Bonnie, but I'm sort of glad they did even though I only own the Velociraptor Triplets. Stegosaurus is my favorite dinosaur, so I wouldn't rule out getting this. (I passed on the baby Stegosaurus though.) The ferns behind the egg are a nice touch. Should her plates be almost nonexistent though?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2017, 04:55:28 AM
I like them, but the eggs always look too small for the infants hatching out...i don't know..it bugs me.
Actually a combination of two factors...the embryonic hatchling is more developed and mature than it should be at hatching, as well as the egg being a tad small. The eggs themselves are not that far off in reality....for instance a segnosaur egg is barely 3 inches in diameter, however the baby it is showing looks to be more than a fresh hatchling to me
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

acro-man

that's more like it.
No already-born infant posed in a broken egg sensation any more.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sideshow at least were a little more in scale I think, they felt more correct anyway :

I think were I them, I would ditch the egg all together and just make a 1:1 infant dino.  That I would buy.

Reptilia

If they were to make a 1:1 infant dino it'd be necessarily a small one. Out of these only the raptors could be around the right size, I guess. Cool idea though.

empire3569

I mesaged REBOR about the ferns in the background (since no plant/backgrounds are present on any of their other eggs) and this is what they had to say about them:

"Those are wire inserted bendable PVC ferns, they are not removable"

I was kinda wishing they were removable, but Im interested in seeing how bendable they truly are

tanystropheus

How developed are the plates and spines supposed to be on a stegosaurid hatchling? Perhaps, the ferns are supposed to give the illusion of the plates

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 10, 2017, 03:52:52 PM
How developed are the plates and spines supposed to be on a stegosaurid hatchling? Perhaps, the ferns are supposed to give the illusion of the plates
Unsure if we have any embryonic or hatchling stegosaurs to allow a definite as to how defined or no the plates or spines might have been however....you can use some rather basic logic to infer to some degree at least. Consider a young unhatched stegosaurus within an egg....the last thing you would want or have is bony armor projecting from various points behind yourself.....reason being as you move or stir within the shell you do not want anything that might pierce the shell, or the structures within it until such time as the embryo is fully developed enough to hatch out. Said Logic could then be applied to the triceratops hatchling , with its projecting horns .It would see most sensible such structures would remain subdued or not fully calcified to prevent damage to the host egg from within. Otherwise one wrong move, and valuable fluids, and egg content would be spilled as well as allowing intrusion from the elements, insects and predators.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Yeah, I can't imagine a newly hatched stegosaur's plates being little more than smooth little bumps on its back.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: