News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your 2017 prehistoric shopping list

Started by Reptilia, February 10, 2017, 02:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I already got the Safari Ltd. Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor, and Giganotosaurus, but I still want the Diplodocus, Kronosaurus, and Tylosaurus. From Collecta I want the Styracosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Kronosaurus, Dimorphodon, Deinocheirus, and the Regaliceratops. From Papo I wand the Cryolophosaurus(it looks like the larger male Cryolophosaurus from Dinosaur Revolution), the Acrocanthosaurus, the Dimorphodon, and the Ceratosaurus.

Halichoeres

Did anybody else's shopping list just grow by one Favorite Archaeopteryx?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2017, 03:05:57 PM

..it's me..  ;)

Mirroraptor

PAPO:Ceratosaurus, Dimorphodon, Cryolophosaurus.
Safari Ltd.:Quetzalcoatlus and feathered T.rex.
Favorite:Archaeopteryx and swimming Spinosaurus.
Chronicle Legacy:Stegosaurus and Procompsognathus.
Sideshow collectibles:last year's Ceratosaurus.(Should I buy the Gastornia?)
Maybe some kit, like Sean Cooper's Deinonychus.

CrypticPrism

Collecta: I'm definitely getting the giganspinosaurus, the others are kinda.....meh. I'm getting a lot of 2016 and 2015 figures for my birthday, though. (Feathered rex, daeodon, acrocanthosaurus, cacharadontosaurus, thalassomedon, torvosaurus, hunting rex, and the deluxe spino.)

Safari: Everything but the tylosaurus.

Schleich: Schleich is just trash for me now. I'm selling all my old ones.

Papo: all of the (new sclupt)Mesozoic animals, on the fence about the polacanthus, though.

Favorite: maybe the archaeopteryx.

Bullyland: Why did this have to happen? It was just starting to get good! :'(
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Brontozaurus

Well, I already got the WS Krono, the CollectA Krono and Gigantspinosaurus, and the WS feathered Velociraptor is on its way. Which leaves:

WS: I need that feathered Rex, plus Coelophysis. Thinking about Giganotosaurus but the Carnegie one is so great anyway.

CollectA: Definitely the Dimorphodon and the sea tube. Been tossing up on the ceratopsians and Excalibosaurus but I'll probably go nuts one day and order all of them (plus Mercuriceratops which I didn't get) from minizoo.

Schleich: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno.

Papo: Not really a papo fan but their theropods look cool this year.

And between all the 2017 releases I'll pick up older models here and there.

Beasts of the Mesozoic: Went overboard last year so I've got Tsaagan, Balaur, Dromaeosaurus, FC Pyroraptor, the desert pack, and the amber nestlings ordered. If I like them enough I'll chuck more money at the next series because dear god I need a Centrosaurus toy.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Reptilia

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2017, 03:05:57 PM

Yes, I definitely want it. Hope it'll be available in Europe too later in the year.

LeapingLaelaps

Since I only just started getting serious with collecting I've been going through all kinds of toy companies and making lists of what I want from them, so these are more than just 2017 models

Southlands Replicas:
Mojo: 8
CollectA: 63 (3 Mini animal collections, 33 Standard sized figures and 27 Deluxe figures)
Papo: 34
Safari LTD: 57 (3 TOOBS, 15 Carnegie, 39 Dinos and Prehistoric)
Schleich: 25 (8 Dinosaurs 2012, 8 Dinosaurs 2016, 4 Replica Saurus, 5 Prehistoric Mammals)
Beasts of the Mesozoic: 22 (All the Raptors, Accessory Packs and Nestlings)

So if my calculations are correct that's 211 figures (not including the individual ones from the TOOBS or Mini collections)

Oh boy :o

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on March 31, 2017, 06:34:21 PM
Since I only just started getting serious with collecting I've been going through all kinds of toy companies and making lists of what I want from them, so these are more than just 2017 models

Southlands Replicas:
CollectA: 63 (3 Mini animal collections, 33 Standard sized figures and 27 Deluxe figures)
Schleich: 25 (8 Dinosaurs 2012, 8 Dinosaurs 2016, 4 Replica Saurus, 5 Prehistoric Mammals)

So if my calculations are correct that's 211 figures (not including the individual ones from the TOOBS or Mini collections)

..well, that isn't a shopping list: it's a medium-sized collection..

Jose S.M.

It's actually more than what I have now in total lol.

LeapingLaelaps

Yeaaah my wallet is not prepared for this but I'll sure try ::)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on March 31, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

Southlands Replicas:

You are making a collection of dinosaurs in a big way. At this stage you will have one of the largest collections in the world based on checkbook. 211 figures cost a capital, my greatest desire is that you enjoy them

Halichoeres

My shopping list when I joined the forum about two years ago was very similar!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

The number of CollectA figures I want is obscene, as are the shipping costs from either of the two countries that sell them.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Neosodon

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 31, 2017, 09:07:56 PM
The number of CollectA figures I want is obscene, as are the shipping costs from either of the two countries that sell them.
So true. :( I've got a huge list just waiting for that long anticipated day when collecta ships its models to the U.S.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm glad I'm not interested in CollectA figures; it's hard enough finding Bullyland in the states after they stopped distributing here.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 01, 2017, 03:59:31 AM

I'm glad I'm not interested in CollectA figures; it's hard enough finding Bullyland in the states after they stopped distributing here.

eBay is your friend when you collect CollectAs.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

BlueKrono

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 01, 2017, 04:02:34 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 01, 2017, 03:59:31 AM

eBay is your friend when you collect CollectAs.

That's how I've procured the ones I have, like my beloved Ichthyovenator. It's mostly the newer ones I'm lacking, but I tend to focus on older figures in my acquisition priorities anyway.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

Is there any UK or German DTF member helping US friends to find Collectas at reasonable prices ?
I'd be happy to help but shipping price from my Country to US is quite high...  :-[

BlueKrono

I thought shopping from the UK or Australia to the US was always expensive, regardless of whether it's a company or a private individual.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: