News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Well, I last upgraded my systems years ago, so it's pretty outdated now D: I wish I had the money for a new rig, but money has been tight at the moment. This one works good as it is, so the upgrade will have to wait.
Here are my specs-

OS- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit- I'm hoping to upgrade to Ultimate soon so I get Virtual Xp and play some old games  ;D
RAM-  Geil Black Dragon 12.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3
Intel Core i7 920
Power Supply Unit- OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Motherboard- Asus 1366 P6T SE
Asus Radeon HD 4650- unfortunately this one was a last minute replacement. My Nvidia card died on me and I had to have something cheap so I could install Windows. So I had to pick this.
Harddrive- Samsung F3 EcoGreen 2TB
Monitor- Benq V2210- backlit monitors are the best thing ever.
Keyboard- Logitech Ultrathin Illuminated Keyboard
Mouse- Steel Series Kinzu
Monitors- Logitech Z-10

I like that you kept a CRT monitor- I wish CRT would make a comeback. As a gamer who plays retro games, a CRT TV is a must. Otherwise the games are all pixellated and ugly.

I'm nursing a Sims 3 addiction at the moment  :P

Tylosaurus

Niiice, if you need help VGA card wise like advices or best price performance please feel free to ask me on that behalf are my profession.

Mainly it's WorkStation & Desktop VGA cards, Server CPU's & Server / Workstation Motherboards and Server Ram types, but with this knowledge you also get lots of know how's of the existing Desktop hardware out there :)

Feel free to ask me anything when it comes to such thing, as I'm always happy to help :) :P
Descent3 for Macintosh arrived today finally, after looking for it for like 13 years and 7 months!
Descent 3 for Macintosh top:

Descent3 For Macintosh rear:

More pics can be seen here:
http://www.interplay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=912&start=80#p62680

tyrantqueen

Oh, you're into Macs as well? Or do you have a Hackintosh?  ;)

Tylosaurus

Noes, just Collect Descent & Freespace games and all the platforms made were PC for Dos & Windows, Macintosh, Linux & Playstation :)
You can see my entire gallery in here:

Click to enter :)

Weaver

Marine-Life figures (which often overlap nicely with dinos), coins (pennies mostly) and I inherited my great-grandmother's collection of thimbles which I'm adding onto with my own small collection.

I also recently bought a Crosely media-player with a vinyl-turntable and I'm picking up all the lovely music I can find.

stoneage

Quote from: Weaver on March 25, 2012, 12:11:58 AM
Marine-Life figures (which often overlap nicely with dinos), coins (pennies mostly) and I inherited my great-grandmother's collection of thimbles which I'm adding onto with my own small collection.

I also recently bought a Crosely media-player with a vinyl-turntable and I'm picking up all the lovely music I can find.

;D  Your listening to records?

Weaver

Yeah, got a few from my Dad. It's so..... hands-on. I love putting a new record on, flipping to the B-side and cranking up the volume. It's fun. <3

Tylosaurus

Every collection has to start somewhere ;) We all had once a small collection but in time your will grow like many of ours did likewise :) As for marine life, there are plenty of those hehe Take a good look around in the collections section to get a few idea's :)

DinoFan45

Besides the obvious one, I also collect fossils, Godzilla stuff(currently small), skulls, and small wooden animals recently, about Marx dinosaur sized.
"Life will find a way."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan45 on March 26, 2012, 05:17:21 PM
Besides the obvious one, I also collect fossils, Godzilla stuff(currently small), skulls, and small wooden animals recently, about Marx dinosaur sized.

Wow..we have similar tastes.. ;D

I could help you increase the size of your Godzilla and skull collection I bet. ;)

Tylosaurus

Hah Godzilla's were cool. here my late 80's to early 90's oldest are from 1985, they are from the movie Godzilla 1985, one of the first good remakes of this old film the big one is from 1987 from Dor Mei U.K.R.D. and the two mustard yellow/purple ones are from 1993, dunno their exact brand though:

The two headed dragon and that little yellow dragon I call the "Golden Dragon" are from Dungeon & Dragons Toy series from 1987

Godzillasaurinae :)  That's the family name I gave these  ^-^ *orthocone*

Lady medusa

Quote from: stoneage on March 19, 2012, 12:53:54 AM
Quote from: Lady medusa on March 17, 2012, 01:13:21 AM
Quote from: Zopteryx on March 16, 2012, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: Lady medusa on March 16, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
top off my list i have a large live animal collection :). I have a 95gal marine tank with fish and corals and i have a large number of reptiles; mainly snakes.

Cool! I have a 60gal reef tank & a Carpet Python. ;D

Well im nOt totally sure but i do have a good idea. What i think happened was my circulation pump came lose during the night( it circulated 1100 gph) and swepted away alot of sand from under some of my reef rocks and they went forward and "POW"! It happened at 3AM so no one was awake to fix the issue before the disaster happened. Needless to say my next reef set up, the rocks will be GLUED in!

Oh thats awesome! When i move im goin to be upgrading to a 120g. This time im goin to build a crazy rockscape and use only LED lights. Ive found some cheap awesome reef LEDs that are by a hydroponics company. I did have 2 marine tanks(2x95g) one was fish only and one was a reef but a few months ago my reef tank busted! Like entire front glass GONE!! So i had to combine the two :(. lost 90% of the reef tank animals! I have 1 acropora and several soft corals left but the rest are toast!

As for snakes, no pythons but id love to have a whitelip python and a viper boa!
I mainly have kings, gophers(pines), and exotic rat snakes. I have a few lizards too! My green basilisks are my babies!

What caused the glass to break?  I use to keep tropical fish.  I did have the heater go out and raise the water temperature drastically.  I lost a lot of fish then.  I also had problems when the Air Conditioning in the house went out for several days.

DinoFan45

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2012, 06:04:18 PM
Quote from: DinoFan45 on March 26, 2012, 05:17:21 PM

Wow..we have similar tastes.. ;D

I could help you increase the size of your Godzilla and skull collection I bet. ;)
Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 26, 2012, 06:17:09 PM
Hah Godzilla's were cool. here my late 80's to early 90's oldest are from 1985, they are from the movie Godzilla 1985, one of the first good remakes of this old film the big one is from 1987 from Dor Mei U.K.R.D. and the two mustard yellow/purple ones are from 1993, dunno their exact brand though:

The two headed dragon and that little yellow dragon I call the "Golden Dragon" are from Dungeon & Dragons Toy series from 1987

Godzillasaurinae :)  That's the family name I gave these  ^-^ *orthocone*

Cool. Mines currently just some bandais and some movies. I currently have in figures Godzilla 54, 60's, and 2000, 2 anguiruses 2004, and a destroyah.
"Life will find a way."

tyrantqueen

That yellow 2 headed guy kinda reminds me of King Ghidorah  ^-^

I love Chinasaurs like that- ones with 2 heads or so- that look like they came from a bad Japanese monster movie  ;D

Like this guy

Tylosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 30, 2012, 07:26:23 PM
That yellow 2 headed guy kinda reminds me of King Ghidorah  ^-^

I love Chinasaurs like that- ones with 2 heads or so- that look like they came from a bad Japanese monster movie  ;D

Like this guy

hehe that's a farmiliar face :P I am happy that you are liking him and given him a place ^-^

ITewan

I also collect Live Animal Figures and Harry Potter(Noble Collection) Wand replicas.
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Tyrannosaurid lover

Yes some Lego and animals toys, thats all
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

tyrantqueen

I used to love Lego when I was a kid... 8)

I had some kind of Egyptian/Tomb Raider themed set thing, plus a big box of Lego Duplo.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 08, 2012, 07:16:50 AM
I used to love Lego when I was a kid... 8)

I had some kind of Egyptian/Tomb Raider themed set thing, plus a big box of Lego Duplo.
Ahh talking about duplo I had a T.rex from when I was like 3 years old
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Tylosaurus

Well some know that I am I'm a major Star-Wars fan hehe, two weeks ago I completed my Star-Wars Starfighter display; click to enlarge the pics

Gold Squadron:

Raven Squadron:

Dagger Squadron:

It was my mother's idea to use curtain rails to hang these up on my flat, but very high ceiling, which measures 2,65M from the ground up :) So her idea in combination with my reel of 25 pound Australian nylon fishing linemade this the perfect solution to hang up these critters 8)

In total there are 21 StarWars Starfighters and 4 G.I.Joe's hanging up, the skies are the limit when it comes to such large scale models :P Since I had no room for placing them elsewhere, this did it all ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: