News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan45

Wow..if my brother saw this, he would probably faint.
"Life will find a way."

Krissy

Lately I've gotten back into collecting Star War figures, what with the awesome Vintage Collection line. Honestly though I only really get the occassional vehicle, I generally stick to the regular figures. And although I prefer the original trilogy to the prequels, I tend to collect the prequel toys more. Why? I dunno, something about the whole 'army of robots vs army of Jedi and clones' lends itself to cooler figures.

I used to collect Transformers but I stopped after the 'Animated' series ended. I collect the new Thundercats figures.

I also collect My Little Ponies! Well, from the new series, at least.

tyrantqueen

Heh, my sister and I used to collect G1 ponies.  8)

I prefer those ponies of my childhood.

Tylosaurus

I also collect Minerals of many types Crystals mainly hehe

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 11, 2012, 05:28:32 PM
When I was younger I went though a phase of collecting sea shells. I had tons of little shells, and 2 conches, plus a big, white, spiky shell I can't remember the name of.
Then I had a really really weird phase of collecting broken bits of pottery. I don't even know why. Just bits of pottery that I found in the garden by digging.
I was an odd child  ;D

DinoFan45

Weren't we all? I personally like shells, but it's not really a collection as my other stuff.
"Life will find a way."

Tylosaurus

I guess we all had our personal oddness when it came to collecting certain items hehe, nothing to be ashamed about either 8)
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 11, 2012, 06:42:41 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 11, 2012, 05:28:32 PM
When I was younger I went though a phase of collecting sea shells. I had tons of little shells, and 2 conches, plus a big, white, spiky shell I can't remember the name of.
Then I had a really really weird phase of collecting broken bits of pottery. I don't even know why. Just bits of pottery that I found in the garden by digging.
I was an odd child  ;D
To me you are not odd, it seems we have something in common my friend ^-^

Krissy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 11, 2012, 09:57:18 AM
Heh, my sister and I used to collect G1 ponies.  8)

I prefer those ponies of my childhood.

I had a few ponies in my childhood, but they were tragically lost forever when my mother sold them at a car boot sale. I miss them. Honestly though it's only the new series that has totally got me into the franchise.

sauroid

i collect CDs, vinyl records, and paraphernalias mainly early industrial "music", electronics, death-rock/postpunk/old school goth and early punk. and like Dyscrasia, i collect hard copy original CDs. i have about 5000 more or less. i also collect horror/monster mags like Famous Monsters of Filmland (the original and V.2), fangoria, Castle of Frankenstein, rue morgue, etc. i also collect books. im an avid horror/science-fiction films fan. i also keep odd-ball/monsterfish (Channa, Polypterus, arowanas, lungfish, various catfish, large cichlids, etc) and various reptiles and invertebrates.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brachiosaurus

I collect pokemon cards, pokemon figures, figma madoka magica, star wars figures, and other things

Metallisuchus

Quote from: stoneage on March 14, 2012, 10:37:52 PM
  I collect music like 45's, Picture sleeves, Vinyl Albums, Cassettes, CD's, DVD's etc.  I have a rather eclectic collection of different styles of music, and time periods.  Although some form of Rock and Roll makes up most of it.

Would a large portion of your collection be NWOBHM releases?

Metallisuchus

I'm another big music collector, especially heavy metal and it's kin (punk, hard rock, etc.). I generally like the oldschool stuff. But aside from just the music itself, I also collect the merchandise: t-shirts, patches, pins, etc.

I also collect movies & horror-related items.

And then of course, there are the books/magazines of varying subjects and authors.

stoneage

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 24, 2012, 01:01:00 AM
Quote from: stoneage on March 14, 2012, 10:37:52 PM
  I collect music like 45's, Picture sleeves, Vinyl Albums, Cassettes, CD's, DVD's etc.  I have a rather eclectic collection of different styles of music, and time periods.  Although some form of Rock and Roll makes up most of it.

No more like their influences like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin.  I do have some Def Leppard, and some other individual songs of some of the NWOBHM.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Krissy on April 11, 2012, 08:25:19 AM
Lately I've gotten back into collecting Star War figures, what with the awesome Vintage Collection line. Honestly though I only really get the occassional vehicle, I generally stick to the regular figures. And although I prefer the original trilogy to the prequels, I tend to collect the prequel toys more. Why? I dunno, something about the whole 'army of robots vs army of Jedi and clones' lends itself to cooler figures.

I used to collect Transformers but I stopped after the 'Animated' series ended. I collect the new Thundercats figures.

I also collect My Little Ponies! Well, from the new series, at least.

I also collect the new pony figure, its my guilty pleasure :-[ ;D

Metallisuchus

[/quote]

No more like their influences like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin.  I do have some Def Leppard, and some other individual songs of some of the NWOBHM.
[/quote]

Oh okay. I've got some of that stuff too, UFO, Robin Trower, etc. The reason I asked is because there's a guy with your name on some other site, and he's always posting NWOBHM videos, so when I saw that you were into rock/metal, I thought maybe you were the same guy.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on April 18, 2012, 09:51:09 PM
I collect pokemon cards, pokemon figures, figma madoka magica, star wars figures, and other things

For anyone who doesn't know what Madoka magica is it is like a twisted sailor moon, my avatar on the forum is the main character Madoka Kaname.

stoneage

Quote from: Metallisuchus on April 24, 2012, 03:18:57 AM

[/quote]

Oh okay. I've got some of that stuff too, UFO, Robin Trower, etc. The reason I asked is because there's a guy with your name on some other site, and he's always posting NWOBHM videos, so when I saw that you were into rock/metal, I thought maybe you were the same guy.
[/quote]

No that's not me.  I like Robin Trower too.  Along those line I like Alice Cooper, Rush, and Aerosmith.  Basically Classic Rock along with many other forms of more traditional music.

Thagirion

Do I ever? I collect  anything I get obsessed with living or non-living. Right now it's Nepenthes or tropical pitcher plants. I like carnivorous plants and those are my favorites along with Sarracenias which are North American Carnivorous plants.

New yellow pitcher by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This is one of my hybrid nepenthes.

I collect budgie statues and figures too. Like with my dinos I prefer realism.

Green budgie ornament front w/real budgies by Thagirion3, on Flickr

One of my budgie Christmas ornaments.  I'm completely budgie obsessed.

I also collect action figures, holiday plastic cups.  That's probably one few people do.

Cup Collection by Thagirion3, on Flickr

2 inch glass diamonds by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Glass diamonds.

Things to do with pumpkins and gourds.  And cartoon movies, sci fi movies and action movies.  I'm sure there's more but that's the main stuff I can think of at the moment.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Metallisuchus

Wow Thag, you've got some odd collections! I have a few odd ones too, aside from what I already posted here. I do not "collect" pitcher plants, but I am fascinated by carnivorous plants and I have a kit that includes several species. I too, like cups/mugs, but I don't really collect holiday ones. I've had a few JP ones from Universal, but I've had bad luck with them breaking. I've had 2 mugs that change from dinosaur to skeleton when you add hot water, but 1 broke. I also have my most recent one - a "Giant Mysterious Dinosaurs" one, which was a Don Lessem exhibit.

I also collection Egyptian figures and decorations. I used to collect Arizona Iced Tea bottles for some reason, but threw 'em out after a few years.  I also like those little ceramic Christmas houses they sell at places like Walmart around the holidays. I started saving beer & tea (Celestial Seasonings, etc.) labels from the boxes, but not so much lately.

Thagirion

Hehe, thanks Metallisuchus.  I'd love to see your carnivorous plants.  I have a mug from the American Museum of Natural History that has a T-rex skeleton.  I wish I had those McDonald JP cups. I wouldn't use them but keep them somwher safe.  Sucks so many broke for you.

HA! I have Egyptian figures too. This is an old photo

I have more now. But I kind of stopped with this when my interests changed. I still like them and want to get some of the ones I'm missing but it's not a priority anymore.  Those Christmas houses are neat. I want to get the Lowe's one since I spend a lot of time at Lowe's when I'm out.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: