News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Do you collect anything else apart from dinos? It can be anything really.  :D

I collect video games, particularly rare PS1 RPGS. I have a collection of over 150 games at the moment.
I also collect teddy bears, art books, and coloured pencils (don't ask XD)

Thundercharge

For the longest time I collected Transformers, and still have a bunch of those (had a couple hundred at one point!). I also have some comic book figures, and a cool handful of Zoids :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

sepp

I collect rocks, minerals, and fossils. And pokemon cards  8)

mmfrankford

I collect ordovician fossils from the Cincinnati region (especially trilobites and gastropods) and sea shells. I also have a large collection of Zoids.

Patrx

I have an inordinate number of Pokémon figures that could be considered a collection :P Also, I've got several fossils and fossil replicas that I display with my dinosaurs. And some Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers cosplay replicas and figures - though, much like the Pokémon stuff, that is less of a deliberate collection and more of a "Hm, these things would look cool on a shelf".

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Pixelboy on March 14, 2012, 03:10:34 PM
I have an inordinate number of Pokémon figures that could be considered a collection :P Also, I've got several fossils and fossil replicas that I display with my dinosaurs. And some Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers cosplay replicas and figures - though, much like the Pokémon stuff, that is less of a deliberate collection and more of a "Hm, these things would look cool on a shelf".
Pokémon and Power Rangers...those take me back ;D

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 14, 2012, 03:26:54 PM

Therein lies, for me, their purpose - a colorful, plastic barricade against the unyielding current of time and maturity. An oasis of childlike simplicity in the desert of adult complexities.

That, and they are really neat :D

mmfrankford

Quote from: Pixelboy on March 14, 2012, 03:46:25 PM

Therein lies, for me, their purpose - a colorful, plastic barricade against the unyielding current of time and maturity. An oasis of childlike simplicity in the desert of adult complexities.

Sigh..I must be too old, my childhood involved the Transformers, G.I.Joe, and Thundercats.  ;D I still fondly remember a whole toy aisle being devoted to Transformers.

DinoLord

I collect fossils. My collection consists primarily of ammonites and shark teeth.

tyrantqueen

That was deep, man  ;)

Lio99

I collect world record books
1973 to 2012.   8)

Takama

Videogames for

Playstaton 1-3
PSP
DS
X-Box
X-box360
Gamecube
Wii

and DVD/Blu-ray movies 

Gwangi

Quote from: mmfrankford on March 14, 2012, 04:38:51 PM

Sigh..I must be too old, my childhood involved the Transformers, G.I.Joe, and Thundercats.  ;D I still fondly remember a whole toy aisle being devoted to Transformers.

Same here but that was a pretty powerful statement by Pixelboy and one of the reasons I collect dinosaurs. I also collect fossils and anything from the outdoors; skulls, feathers and stuff like that. Also books, mostly about natural history and also DVDs mostly horror and sci fi.

Horridus

Models of human skulls, although I only have one 'serious' 1:1 scale replica. I like to go for the plainer ones rather than the ones covered in rune symbols or what have you.

Also, old dinosaur books! But there's an important reason for that...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

stoneage

I collect music like 45's, Picture sleeves, Vinyl Albums, Cassettes, CD's, DVD's etc.  I have a rather eclectic collection of different styles of music, and time periods.  Although some form of Rock and Roll makes up most of it. 

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have a collection of fossils, including elrathia, phacops, neuopteris, and many more. My favourites are my cleoniceras shells from Madagascar..
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ZoPteryx

As a bird watcher, I guess I could say that I collect bird sightings. ;)
I also collect some other animal figures besides dinos, and wildlife field guides (I'm trying to get the whole world covered for every category of animal.)
I formerly collected LEGOs and Transformers.

Patrx

Quote from: Gwangi on March 14, 2012, 09:08:28 PM
Quote from: mmfrankford on March 14, 2012, 04:38:51 PM

Same here but that was a pretty powerful statement by Pixelboy and one of the reasons I collect dinosaurs. I also collect fossils and anything from the outdoors; skulls, feathers and stuff like that. Also books, mostly about natural history and also DVDs mostly horror and sci fi.
Well, thanks  ;D I was just waxing poetic, but it rings true for me as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm.. I collect Pirates, Dragons, Killer Klowns, some anime, ect.. here is a few pics :

More pirates : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1546099168960.166371.1129456954&type=3

more klowns : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2385984045557.206692.1129456954&type=3

Some Dragons :

Anime :

Dyscrasia

Main Rock/Metal Music CD collection

other collection...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: