News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello Everyone

Started by CrypticPrism, March 22, 2017, 10:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

Hi everyone, I am so excited to join this forum. It has been a long-time hope and dream that I could be able to talk and hang out with others like me. I've been in love with dinosaurs scince the ripe age of 3, and my first word at around 2 years of age went like this: My mom thought I was slow because I was so quiet, and she saw me looking at an elephant on the television. She said" Will, look! It's an elephant! E-le-phant." And I looked up at her, and said, "I know, Mommy."  My fascination with animals lead me to a love of dinosaurs, and I still remember the day I got that Carnegie T-rex at Playville after my first day of kindergarten. I believe wholeheartedly in widespread feathers throughout dinosauria, and this new sauriscelidia thing is confusing me in terms of where sauropods fit in now. I collect mainly safaris, papos, and collectAs. I hate vintage models like invicta, though. Those things drove me nuts in a reoccurring dream a couple of days ago. I was born male, and identify as one, and am oriented towards the female gender.(good lord, I could've just said heterosexual male.)  I do like to draw, although I'm never satisfied with them. I also love speculative evolution, video games, and anime.

I hope you guys like long descriptions, if not, I'm sorry. Also, I might start talking like I've known you guys for a while, and that's because I was a stalker anon. Anyways, I hope you accept me with welcome arms.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Jose S.M.

Hi there! Welcome, I hope you enjoy participate actively here.

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 22, 2017, 10:59:38 PM
Hi there! Welcome, I hope you enjoy participate actively here.

Thanks a lot!
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

Dilopho

You have the scariest username on this forum  :o

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Dilopho on March 22, 2017, 11:09:53 PM

:)) It was originally going to be CrypticPrism. I might change it to that.

BlueKrono

Welcome! I see you've found our esteemed leader's biscuits video. Btw, what was your original name before you apparently changed it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CrypticPrism

MercilessPrism.

Thanks for the warm welcome, krono.

DinoToyForum

Welcome!  8) Nice sig!  :))

CrypticPrism

Neosodon

I still believe the vast majority of dinosaurs had scales and not feathers so we might have many future disagreements. ;) But I'm glad to have you here. I too like to draw, play some video games (WOWS) and I like some anime (FMAB). What is speculative evolution?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CrypticPrism

Speculative evolution is exactly what it sounds like, speculating about what the animals from millions of years in the future, alien biology, and speculative situations such as no K-PG extinction.

Wow, are we twins?

Another thing I forgot to add is that I'm homeschooled.

Georassic

Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 22, 2017, 11:13:04 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on March 22, 2017, 11:09:53 PM

:)) It was originally going to be CrypticPrism. I might change it to that.

I think CrypticPrism would be a cool name for a rock band.
I have a Twitter account to prove it: twitter.com/CoolName4Band  ;)

Georassic

and I forgot to add, Welcome!

CrypticPrism

Thanks, and I guess it is a great rock band name.

BlueKrono

My rock band name is Vūrmfūd. I don't have a rock band though. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Welcome, CrypticPrism!

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 23, 2017, 03:38:22 AM
My rock band name is Vūrmfūd. I don't have a rock band though. 
Ooh, I hope the macron catches on the way the umlaut did in 80s metal bands.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CrypticPrism

Also guys, I have a question. Would you like me to start a drawings thread? I'm currently working on a Tyrannosaurus that should be finished soon.

Libraraptor

Hallo and welcome to the forum.  It is okay not to like vintage models like Invicta. For me they were the most important reason to join. I hope you feel good here. you will encounter nearly each and every aspect of palaeophilia here which makes the forum a great place to star.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Welcome to the forum CrypticPrism! I hope you enjoy it here.

Tylosaurus

Welcome to the madhous of Dino collecting CrypticPrism :)
You'll enjoy this place a lot I am assure of it, a lot of great people here, so much to read as well, enjoy your stay man  and rock on 8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: