News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BBC the Lost World

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, April 21, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

this adaption was made by the team who did walking with dinosaurs and walking with beasts It was filmed at various locations on the West Coast of New Zealand.aired on BBC1 in the United Kingdom during Christmas and Boxing day in 2001.it stars Bob Hoskins as Professor George Challenger and was supported by James Fox, Peter Falk, Matthew Rhys, Tom Ward and Elaine Cassidy

Hypsilophodon

Iguanodon

Pteranodon Sumerleensis

Epanterias

Brachiosaurus and Allosaurus

Java Man or Homo Erectus Erectus or Pithecanthropus Challengeris

Diplodocus

Takama

I been trying to find a Copy of this Film on DVD and its proving to be a PAin

Silvanusaurus

I remember thinking the Allosaurus looked remarkably familiar, now it makes sense.

Neosodon

One more documentary to add to the already long list of movies that piggy back off of walking with dinosaurs. Just goes to show how good it was.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

Interesting, never heard of this one before. And, I mean, Bob Hoskins, the living Mario, how could you go wrong!

Derek.McManus

I recall watching the original showing of this on the BBC, early parts anyway, was impressed by the location filming in the Natural History Museum London with the Diplodocus skeleton tail in the upright position and the obvious disabled access ramps on the stairs! Of course I'm such small idiot that the first time I saw this exhibition in 82 I didn't realise it was a plaster replica and tentatively reached out to touch a dinosaur bone 😁

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.