News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by suspsy, May 22, 2017, 10:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Finished prototype:

That's a good looking piece of plastic.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

How nice is that diprotodon, sorry that it will be sold later this year so we'll have to wait a little longer.

A work elaborated and planned for a year by Soutlands is seeing its fruits. Hopefully the vinyl is as resistant as PVC although I see seams on the back of the prehistoric marsupial.

Very nice is a piece to consider every collector. Hopefully, Minizoo will sell it soon or another online dinosaur company.

Ravonium

The colour scheme seems oddly familar, but I can't seem to think of what it could be based on. It is, nonetheless, nice, and it is good to see a finished version of this figure after over a year.

Also, since I couldn't stop myself, nice eyeliner ;) :P ;D 8)

Halichoeres

The color scheme makes me think of a bridled nail-tail wallaby, which also has very nice eyeliner!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I send a link to soutlands replicas of your facebook page where you can see the diprotodons ready for mass production in December,

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288/469681270102056/?type=3&theater

That said, this extinct Australian marsupial mammal looks incredibly cool.

Vidusaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2018, 05:11:18 PM
The color scheme makes me think of a bridled nail-tail wallaby, which also has very nice eyeliner!

Definitely very reminiscent of a few species of desert macropod! Either way this is a must-have once it's released, and as an Aussie the shipping cost isn't going to break the bank either! I'm looking forward to when Southlands finally moves onto dinosaurs, especially if they keep the same sculptor! Imagine a fuzzy Leaellynasaura or Qantassaurus in this style.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Vidusaurus on October 11, 2018, 12:59:54 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2018, 05:11:18 PM

Definitely very reminiscent of a few species of desert macropod! Either way this is a must-have once it's released, and as an Aussie the shipping cost isn't going to break the bank either! I'm looking forward to when Southlands finally moves onto dinosaurs, especially if they keep the same sculptor! Imagine a fuzzy Leaellynasaura or Qantassaurus in this style.

A dinosaur from soutlands replicas of Australia would be interesting to do. I hope you imitate Eofauna's example of combining prehistoric mammals and other prehistoric animals with dinosaurs.

A muttaburrasaurus would be an interesting figure on the part of Soutlands Replicas even if it's vinyl. In my case I would not have the slightest inconvenience in buying it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Diprotodon looks great, very tempting. Will they be doing any more extinct Australian animals?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 11, 2018, 06:22:37 PM
That Diprotodon looks great, very tempting. Will they be doing any more extinct Australian animals?

They plan to, but I think there are a number of modern Australian animals on their to-do list first. They're presently working on a saltwater crocodile.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: suspsy on October 11, 2018, 06:29:27 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 11, 2018, 06:22:37 PM

They plan to, but I think there are a number of modern Australian animals on their to-do list first. They're presently working on a saltwater crocodile.
Thanks.
I'm only interested in the extinct ones, but I'm glad a company has extinct and extant animals as one line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

I only collect extinct animals too, but for a new company like SR to survive in a very competitive market, they do need to establish a solid foundation of extant animal figures. Although at this point, they've done most of the iconic Australian wildlife.

I'd probably buy a great white shark from them if they made one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

indohyus

This is high on my want list. Been following for a while, since the first announcement to finish. Look forward to getting it.

Shonisaurus

In the absence of getting the big palorchestes of Play Visions (it is more possible that I see the cows fly than get that figure) I will buy the diprotodon of soutlands replicas even if it's vinyl I love that figure sincerely speaking. It is a pity that the sale of this long-planned figure is being delayed.

Soutland Replicas could make very undervalued animals in the toy dinosaur market such as muttabarrusaurus, rhoetosaurus or leaellynasaura. Although they are well represented in the toy market by various well-known companies, we would like more copies of this megafauna of Mesozoic prehistoric animals by Soutland Replicas, but it would be desirable for them to be PVC even if they were of a medium-small size. I understand that Soutlands Replicas is a company (for now) modest economically but brilliant in the beauty of its figures.

indohyus

Mini zoo are currently letting people set alerts for when diprotodon is being released, to buy when available. Pretty excited for it, thought I'd let people know.

Shonisaurus

I received the message in my email I activated the alert.

I have asked that Minizoo warn me (I have asked to activate the alert) when they commercialize the diprotodon of Soutlands in this Australian store, which I keep very good memories of, I intend to buy that exceptional figure. In the absence of Play Visions palorchestes good thing is to have a diprotodon of Soutlands by the way a beautifully detailed figure.

postsaurischian

I'm going to buy it when I'm in Australia in January / February.
I'd like to (will) take a pic of it next to the skeleton at the Brisbane museum :) .

Shonisaurus

News about the diprotodon of Soutlands Replicas. The model will be in Australia according to Replicas Soutlands says on facebook that the diprotodon will be at the beginning of December provided there are no delays from the shipping companies. I pass the full text of that comment on Facebook,

"Southlands Replicas Yes! They should be here in early December, as long as there are no delays on the part of the shipping companies."

So we will have it with a bit of luck the diprotodon for Christmas, I pass the facebook link, with a photograph of the female diprotodon whose artisan work is already finished,

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288/488434691560047/?type=3&theater

Shonisaurus

Good news:

The Diprotodon of Soutland Replicas is now available in Minizoo. I pass the link of the purchase.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/products/southlands-replicas-diprotodon.html

I have already placed the order

SBell

I've already put in my order for my store! SO they'll be easily available in Canada soon...along with the other new SR figures.

Of course, given the season, and Canada Post's current labour disputes, it might take a little longer to get here (although parcels from China still get here in about 10 days...)

Brontozaurus

I think this is the first time I've seen a serious Diprotodon reconstruction that doesn't make the animal a uniform shade of brown or grey.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: