News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Southlands Replicas

Started by suspsy, May 22, 2017, 10:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I definitely have hollow vinyl figures with seams less obtrusive than the one on the neck of this Allosaurus:
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The truth is that the vinyl figures are just as awesome as the PVC ones. To put two examples PNSO or Favorite made vinyl figures awesome and seamless.

Shonisaurus

In this picture you can see the diprotodon to scale with the thylacoleo is a very good figure I passed the facebook link,

https://es-es.facebook.com/southlands/

Reptilia

Is this confirmed as hollow vinyl?

stegosauria

Quote from: Reptilia on May 20, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

Yeah, it's confirmed but I won't have any issue with that. My large two PNSO figures are also vinyl and they're fantastic. They asked their customer on their Facebook page and here too about it and added their reasons to the question. Most people said if this helps to keep down the costs (and Southland Replicas is a little family business as I know so they don't have so much fund as bigger companies do), then yeah, do it in vinyl.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on May 20, 2018, 12:58:49 PM

I pass the diprotodon link of soutlands replicas in scale with the two thylacoleos with the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/380050622398455/?type=3&theater

For what they commented in his day the owner of Soutlands Replicas said product would be vinyl. It is as resistant as PVC and is cheaper for purchase purposes. Honestly I would have liked a PVC diprotodon but I understand the company economically. It will be vinyl but in any case it will have less seams than a prehistoric PVC animal.

Reptilia

At the moment I find more intriguing some of their extants (dingo and tasmanian devil, for example) than the prehistoric ones. Let's see if they come up with a dinosaur then.

Shonisaurus

New news from soutland replicas the diprotodon will be available within four months. I pass the link with images of said figure. Only his painting is missing.

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/a.271085636628288.1073741830.197560100647509/390757321327785/?type=3&theater

Shonisaurus

indohyus

Diprotodon has been a long time coming. Wil be quick to grab one when it is available

Halichoeres

It isn't strictly prehistoric, but Southlands is making a large estuarine crocodile that could enhance Pliocene or Pleistocene displays.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

A lot of figures people wouldn't expect are made of vinyl, even fairly "tough" ones that for example you likely couldn't flex in your hand.

At 34cm's that's going to be quite the crocodile. I hope they keep that neutral pose for it, too many reptiles with their tails curled up.

This and the monitor are going to be must-haves, 1:15 is more than close enough to my 1:12 preference. The eagle and emu also look nice but I likely won't get them since they're permanently fused to their bases (bit of a pet-peeve, with birds in particular).

postsaurischian

:) Wow! 5 new releases to come. Finally birds and reptiles.
      Gotta get them all!

Lanthanotus

Hmm, hopefully it boasts those significant features that discriminate the Saltie from the Nile Croc. After all, Schleich advertises its current crocodile as Estuarine Croc but shows it together with African wildlife. But that works totally fine as few people can tell both from each other. However, I guess if one can do that job, it's Southlands. Personally I would still prefer an individual with more girth and mass than the one shown in the image....

Halichoeres

The Diprotodon prototype (Diprototype?) is getting a paint master:

More info: https://www.facebook.com/pg/southlands/photos/?tab=album&album_id=271085636628288

Per a comment on the photos, should be available around Christmas, but if you're looking for a gift for someone I'd have a backup plan.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks for the photography and the facebook link. On the other hand as they comment on their facebook page the diprotodon of soutlands replicas will be available before the end of the year. The same may be available before Christmas.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Nice! I was just wondering how the process was going, good to see it's nearing completion. Hopefully I'll get to add this beauty to my small collection of prehistoric marsupials soon :)
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

suspsy

I like that they're going with light fur instead of dark.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is practically finished the diprotodon of soutlands replicas its appearance is perfect, at least for me, in December it has a secure buyer. I pass the facebook links:

The head with the paint sketched,

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/ms.c.eJwzMTOzNLU0NjU2NzA3tTDUM4HwzcwNTAwsDY0BZwMGZQ~-~-.bps.a.271085636628288/466959353707581/?type=3&theater

The head with the finished painting

https://www.facebook.com/southlands/photos/ms.c.eJwzMTOzNLU0NjU2NzA3tTDUM4HwzcwNTAwsDY0BZwMGZQ~-~-.bps.a.271085636628288/466959367040913/?type=3&theater

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: