News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park V Toys Teased

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, June 01, 2017, 05:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

The news is a great way to kick off Jurassic June. I'm glad they're doing a classic line, and to be released this year, too!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/weve-got-scoop-future-jurassic-world-toys-mattel-spoiler-free-jurassicjune/

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ImADinosaurRARR

I personally don't collect JP, but I'm following some YouTubers that will be very happy with this news : D

CityRaptor

That sounds good in theory. Of course we have to see the actual quality.

Just don't expect anything overly scientifically accurate.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

As a Jurassic Park(not world) collector, I gotta admit I was worried to hear about mattel picking up the license; but, these do sound more interesting than I had expected. Hopefully the quality's up to snuff.

MLMjp

I really really really like what I have just read.

The figures will be in scale again, no more permanente wounds, and some of them will have rubber skin. Plus they said that there will be more than just T.rexes in the "large dinosaurs" assortment....maybe we will finally get some sauropods?
Due to their size and price I´m not the biggest colector of JPs (although I wish I be) but still, I want JP toys to be quality toys. And it seems like we will finally see the return of real JP toys!

Only thing that worries me is the phrase at the end that says that the proportions of some dinos are a bit exaggerated and also we do not know how the quality of the rubber and plastic will be.

But still, it is good to hear new like this. Besides, things can not get worst that the JW line.

ImADinosaurRARR

QuoteOnly thing that worries me is the phrase at the end that says that the proporcions of some dinos are a bit exaggerated and also we do not know how the quality of the rubber and plastic will be.

They said that was only for the basic line which is for the kids anyway. I'm pretty sure the big girls are safe.

suspsy

This is encouraging news, but I'll wait until I see official images before celebrating. Or mourning.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

I have to say that Mattel have done a great work with avatar toys and we have to remember disney dinosaur  ^-^. Toys was made by mattel.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Faelrin

Sounds good, but until there's a species list (though I'm sure Velociraptor and T. rex are a given), and some images of the figures, my thoughts are neutral for now. I honestly hope there won't be any with unpainted claws. Don't get cheap on me Mattel. The lack of exposed flesh wounds sounds promising however. Hoping that will stick through for the final products.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If I didn't know better i would say it was April 1st... this is an unbelievable dream list in my head coming true.   The figure of Malcolm described sounds like the Re-Action figures ..which i'm totally fine with.   I have my fingers crossed I will finally have a John Hammond figure!

AcroSauroTaurus

When I read this yesterday, it literally was the best news I've heard this year. I knew Mattel(being a rival company of Hasbro) would do their best to show-up Hasbro, and from what I read, it's sounding good! But the bad part is, I don't think I'll have enough money(or space) for it all... :(
I am the Dinosaur King!

ItsTwentyBelow

This is good news. This series is reverting back to similar price points and the same product types that made the original JP and TLW action figure series so successful! Including vehicles, which on their own aren't that exciting, but they sound like they'll be JP/JW vehicles like we haven't seen since before JPIII was released, which is altogether a great sign for this new line.

However, I must reserve judgement in the end, because of that sentence mentioning how some of the figures look a bit oddly proportioned or cartoony. That has me worried. We all hope that product designs will be revamped when we hear or see things we don't like, especially when there is plenty of time until release, but a lot of times that isn't the case. It would be cruel if they use this tried and true JP toy format, but still give us figures that look like crap.

They must do a good job of sculpting these dinosaurs. It was such a shock to see how awful pretty much every single Jurassic World toy was. Too much of a shock!

I hope you're listening, Mattel! Don't squander this opportunity!

Appalachiosaurus

I'm honestly more excited for the people, there are no good cheap action figures of the original characters and I want a toy Donald Gennaro to get eaten by my Bull T. rex.  >:D

suspsy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on June 03, 2017, 02:36:09 PM
This is good news. This series is reverting back to similar price points and the same product types that made the original JP and TLW action figure series so successful! Including vehicles, which on their own aren't that exciting, but they sound like they'll be JP/JW vehicles like we haven't seen since before JPIII was released, which is altogether a great sign for this new line.

However, I must reserve judgement in the end, because of that sentence mentioning how some of the figures look a bit oddly proportioned or cartoony. That has me worried. We all hope that product designs will be revamped when we hear or see things we don't like, especially when there is plenty of time until release, but a lot of times that isn't the case. It would be cruel if they use this tried and true JP toy format, but still give us figures that look like crap.

They must do a good job of sculpting these dinosaurs. It was such a shock to see how awful pretty much every single Jurassic World toy was. Too much of a shock!

I hope you're listening, Mattel! Don't squander this opportunity!

Honestly, if worse comes worse and the toys turn out to be bad or disappointing, I won't lose any sleep over it. It'll just mean some money saved. And if the toys do turn out to be on par with Kenner's, I still probably won't be buying many of them. I have enough T. rexes and raptors from the first two JP lines. Although if Mattel made say, a really good Triceratops or Parasaurolophus, I'd snap them up.

Shadowknight1

I'd be optimistic for this line...but then I remember these monstrosities.

Don't expect your Ian Malcolm to look like Ian Malcolm.  You'll be lucky if your T-rex looks like a T-rex.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

The articulation and general detail on those actually looks fine to me, faces seem odd, but oh well.

Loon

I've bought a few of the recent Wonder Woman figures from Mattel (great movie btw), and they've improved immensely. However, I would compare these JP human figures to their 3.75 inch stuff; and, likeness-wise, that could be hit...

...or miss

suspsy

The human figures have always been irrelevant to me. On the rare occasions when I ended up with a human figure because it was included in a set with a dinosaur I wanted, I gave it away.

Blade-of-the-Moon

likeness depends on whether they have approval from the actor, I recall the fellow who played Nedry didn't give his approval?

Also recall Kenner's figures weren't all that close either, ditto for Hasbro. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: