News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

It would also be important for them to make a good chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops, centrosaurus, anchiceratops or pentaceratops (except for the latter represented medium well in Schleich and good in Favorite) we do not have good representations of that creatures.

Minmiminime

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2017, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: Minmiminime on June 03, 2017, 08:58:46 AM
::) Ho-hum. I have the Papo, and no colour scheme is going to tempt me to this one.

I wonder why all their models are male, unless they're cutesy, sitting on a nest (Rose), or dead. It's deeply, deeply tiresome.

Would you purchase the model if it was renamed, "Daphne"?

The real reason the "War Pig" is male is because the testes are visible on the model.

Nope, still wouldn't buy it ;) But I wouldn't buy it if it was named after Artemis, Athena, Hera or any other number of legendary female figureheads, either!! Maybe the trike will be better...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

robintaylor

Quote from: Minmiminime on June 10, 2017, 09:34:07 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2017, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: Minmiminime on June 03, 2017, 08:58:46 AM
::) Ho-hum. I have the Papo, and no colour scheme is going to tempt me to this one.

I wonder why all their models are male, unless they're cutesy, sitting on a nest (Rose), or dead. It's deeply, deeply tiresome.

Would you purchase the model if it was renamed, "Daphne"?

The real reason the "War Pig" is male is because the testes are visible on the model.

Nope, still wouldn't buy it ;) But I wouldn't buy it if it was named after Artemis, Athena, Hera or any other number of legendary female figureheads, either!! Maybe the trike will be better...
I hope so too, wasn't impressed with their dead versions so it will have to be a significant improvement

Faelrin

I hope we'll see it by then. Hopefully the color reveal will be in the coming months too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I obviously respect Rebor's philosophy but honestly I like more the herbivorous dinosaurs and for that I'm going to lie carnivores without articulated limbs (including jaws) and removable parts.

I do not doubt that it is a great figure that is brewing, but I prefer the time when Rebor made a dead triceratops in one piece.

Honestly the herbivores do not need to have members articulated from my humble point of view and without the intention of offending any member of the forum. To qualify, I bought practically the entire collection of Rebor except polyresin, but I would like to also make figures without articulated members as for example Collecta in its standard figures or its herbivorous dinosaurs.

It is my humble opinion.

Reptilia

I hope Rebor won't mess with this one, their first proper herbivore dinosaur must be good or there will be more complaints. Meanwhile the male Triceratops is nowhere to be seen...

Joey

Wait, why are they calling this a 'war-pig'? It isn't even close to being a pig. I would understand naming a Daedon or Entelodont a war-pig, but an Ankylosaurus? Although, it's Rebor we're talking about here.

Reptilia

It should be after Black Sabbath's song "War Pigs". Doesn't make much sense, it's just one of their random pop culture references. And sounds awesomebro, kinda.

Shonisaurus

The important thing and also positive on the part of Rebor is that in the end they will reveal an adult herbivorous dinosaur and that is a point to their entrepreneurial credit.   ;)

CityRaptor

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on December 04, 2017, 04:49:04 AM
Wait, why are they calling this a 'war-pig'? It isn't even close to being a pig. I would understand naming a Daedon or Entelodont a war-pig, but an Ankylosaurus? Although, it's Rebor we're talking about here.

Either what Reptilia said or this guy:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Oh, where's this coming from? It actually is a cross between a pig and an ankylosaur!

CityRaptor

It's Ankylo from Dinosaucers. And yes, he also snorts while talking.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

The Atroxious

I said the same thing when this was announced. The idea of an animal with no visible teeth being named after an animal that's iconic for having really large teeth seems wrong. At least reserve the name for a Heterodontosaurus if you've got to name a dinosaur after a pig.

tanystropheus

Quote from: The Atroxious on December 05, 2017, 08:29:01 AM

I said the same thing when this was announced. The idea of an animal with no visible teeth being named after an animal that's iconic for having really large teeth seems wrong. At least reserve the name for a Heterodontosaurus if you've got to name a dinosaur after a pig.

As clearly stated in the above posts, the 'war-pig' reference is with respect to Dinosaucers. REBOR is pop-cultural savvy, more so than the majority of members on this forum.

We really can't expect REBOR to be accurate in the nicknames department/domain. That's just asking too much. Nicknames are for fun. It's good silly fun. Way too many literalists on this forum.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Nanuqsaurus

PumperKrickel

deleted

Halichoeres

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on December 05, 2017, 10:29:57 AM
I still think it´s a reference to the Black Sabbath song. Seems more in line with their crocs Meta & Lica or the raptors Gunn & Rose. Dinosaucers seems too obscure for them.

Yeah, completely agree. Their pop culture references aren't 80s cartoons, they're metal bands and A Clockwork Orange.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2017, 06:33:31 AM
Quote from: SuperiorSpider on December 05, 2017, 10:29:57 AM
I still think it´s a reference to the Black Sabbath song. Seems more in line with their crocs Meta & Lica or the raptors Gunn & Rose. Dinosaucers seems too obscure for them.

Yeah, completely agree. Their pop culture references aren't 80s cartoons, they're metal bands and A Clockwork Orange.

Good point!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: