News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Welcome back! I hope bygones can be bygones! Onwards and upwards, whatever direction you take 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Patrx

Greetings once again, REBOR_STUDIO, and thanks very much for your input here! But, since this particular thread is meant to be centered on the "War Pig" product, I gotta insist, for organization's sake, that we continue this more general conversation in the REBOR General Discussion thread  C:-)

Simon

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 05, 2018, 10:01:53 AM
Ok time to explain!
*SNIP*

We sincerely apologise for what's happened 4 years ago and we admit that some of our approaches were immature since we too were in our early twenties. To forum users who we've offended we are truly sorry and would like to ask for your forgiveness. We have changed.

Apology accepted.  ;)

I still wish that the body on this Ankylosaurus figure was bulkier ... 'cause otherwise its a really well made figure ...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on July 05, 2018, 03:54:13 PM
Greetings once again, REBOR_STUDIO, and thanks very much for your input here! But, since this particular thread is meant to be centered on the "War Pig" product, I gotta insist, for organization's sake, that we continue this more general conversation in the REBOR General Discussion thread  C:-)

Is there a way to 'sticky' REBOR_STUDIO's updated response/apology in one of these threads?? (e.g. REBOR General Discussion). It would be quite irksome to have to revisit the same topic for the nth time. Plus, it's around the holidays so I'm sure a number of forum members would have missed it.

Bombyx

I am personaly very happy to see that someone from a company i like a lot takes time to come here and talk with passionated members. For me it means that Rebor is a human company and it is important. I also have my own company and when I go on forum and see some rude words about the job we do, I am always sad and it is very difficult to stay calm. On internet I think people often forget that there are people behind company who work hard for them with their heart.
Thank you Rebor to come to talk with us.

Shonisaurus

I admire you guys / girls in the best of your life, and I honestly never thought that the creators of such beauties were so young. It is an honor to have them in the forum.

Let them know in advance that I bought their three ankylosaurus War Pig, they look like masterpieces. I am totally excited watching the videos that are downloaded on these figures.

I hope that if I save money in the future to buy more figures. They are good, beautiful and cheap, and most importantly they have adopted a Solomonic solution with respect to dinosaurs for example the spinosaurus will make two versions, one for fans of pop art and one for those who are followers of scientific figures. Rebor is one of the best companies in the market and I'm looking for titanoboa, dilophosaurus, spinosaurus, tyrannosaurus (vastatosaurus) and especially its incomparable deinosuchus and sarcosuchus are magnificent.

Reptilia

Nice to see Rebor's back on the forum. Hopefully now we can have news straight from the source here without having to go on Facebook, which is always something difficult not being a registered member over there.

Syndicate Bias

I won't accept the apology until we see that Saurophaganax Rebor!

Jkjk but we would like to know if that's still in the plans for.future releases

Ravonium

Apology accepted for now  :)  Welcome back REBOR_STUDIO, I've never been particularly interested in the REBOR line for personal taste reasons, but I thought a lot of the criticism against REBOR was ad nauseaum at this point.

Shonisaurus

For my part accepted apology, in fact I am a buyer of his lifelong figures, would be a hypocrite if he said otherwise.

That yes what I would like that the dinosaurs were the less articulated possible I like the dinosaurs of a single piece although I totally respect his creative and artistic philosophy.

Dilopho

And I can't exactly speak for the whole forum here, but don't think of us as a hivemind or angry mob, please.  :-\
We're individuals too. Most people on here don't have a problem with Rebor figures whatsoever.  ::)

Is Annie ..alright?

I'd like to get to know the sculptors a little, you know? I think it'll help if we can think of rebor as a group instead of a faceless company... If that makes sense  :-[

Yeah, forum updates from rebor are always welcome anyway. I'm tired of the facebook page because of all the comments asking when the next model will come out. For goodness sakes, why can't they talk about the one in whatever post it is? It's pretty frustrating.

gnetum2015

Here is a link to a german discussion about the Rebor ankylosaurus.
There is sometimes a comparison to Papos Iguanodon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxmpghNVK88

The result in this video is, that the Iguanodon looks like a living animal, Rebors ankylosaurus did not.
There is something similar with the Rebor carnotaurus and the Papo allosaurus - the Carnotaurus is too much symmetric for a living animal.  No streaks, no crinkles.

Loon

Yeah, I didn't see any mention of that either. But it's strange, the Ankylosaurus is already about $40, why have the knock off be the same price? Isn't the point of knock offs to be cheaper rips of figures?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.