You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Searching for Wild Adventures/Carnage Velociraptor and old collection discussion

Started by Wythern, July 14, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wythern

Hey there! I actually made this account specifically because I am searching rather desperately for a Carnage/Wild Adventures Velociraptor model.

And just a little thing. I've always been a huge fan of dinosaurs since I was a little kid. Memorized ridiculous facts, had a collection of toys (All gone now except for one, who's very near and dear to my heart.), and just generally thought they were awesome! Now I'm a professional artist a sculpter, which means I'm now one of the people making these dinos. The trick is getting the older models that I now want because I see the value of them, haha. So conversation starter: Which older models mean a lot to you, or as you've grown older you realize how much you care for?

Onto the search comment

Backstory behind why this is important:
About 9 years ago I purchased a Wild Adventures velociraptor model. I was just a kid back then, but not by much. I wasn't careful with my model, and it was attacked by a dog when I left it sitting on our stairs. She's still a gorgeous model, but is rather beaten down. Missing a front leg entirely, both her back feet, and has scratches/teeth marks along her back limbs. Not ideal, but I'm going to be custom sculpting her some robotic protesthetics as well as repainting her to look like she'd been in an intentional fight.

Despite this plan, I still can't help but miss my original. It's cool to have a custom, but I really didn't WANT or PLAN for her to be one. So I am actively looking to buy other Wild Adventures/Carnage velociraptors. If you have one you're willing to sell- please let me know! I've been saving up for these for quite some time, and if my current estimates ($35 used, $50 mint condition) are accurate, I have enough to purchase at least 6. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE THAN ONE. So on the off chance that multiple people are selling copies, I can and will buy them all.

Happen to know any active sites selling these? Please, please let me know. I really want to get a collection started here and love these raptors with all my heart because of the history the model and I share. They remind me of my grandmother, who used to take me to this museum every year that had them. I went back to the museum recently hoping they might have one of the models, but as it has been nine years they unsurprisingly did not.

Any help along this quest would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I saw other posts similar to this one in this forum, so I assume it's the correct place to put it. If it isn't please let me know! I'd be happy to adjust, and would like to know for the future!
Actively searching/buying Carnage/Wild Adventures Velociraptor

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! Is this the figure you're after?

If so, I'd be willing to part with this one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Wythern

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 14, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

@Halichoeres (Not quite sure how to let someone know I've messaged them on this forum)

Yes!! That's the model. Would you like to discuss sale on here or through email?
Actively searching/buying Carnage/Wild Adventures Velociraptor

BlueKrono

Welcome! Can we see some of your work? That's a pretty raptor with the dark blue. Now that there's a picture I'll know what to keep an eye out for in lots or whatnot for you. I have a special figure that I collect extensively too - the Marx Kronosaurus. When I was a kid my favorite dino toy was the Carnegie Spinosaurus, to answer your question. That one pretty much got me into collecting dinosaur figures.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Wythern on July 14, 2017, 09:11:28 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 14, 2017, 08:46:03 PM

@Halichoeres (Not quite sure how to let someone know I've messaged them on this forum)

Yes!! That's the model. Would you like to discuss sale on here or through email?

I'll send you a direct message!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.