News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on November 21, 2017, 01:32:11 AM
Abelisaurus would be a nice choice, even though I am biased towards Carnotaurus (I'm still waiting for an accurate figure of the thin headed mouth on legs, with huge tail muscles).

The older Carnegie one is great.  A thin head isnt exactly only accurate ,  Carnotaurus last i heard was supposed to be able to widen it's head to swallow larger prey.  It could conceivably do so when roaring i would think as well.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 20, 2017, 04:02:52 PM
Changing the subject I pass a video with the megacerops of Safari is of an intermediate size between the Megacerops of Collecta and the megacerops of Mojo. His pose is very realistic and conservative.

He is a great figure.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vmmdHVPX8

Thank you for the video. While the video is not presented in HD, the massive bump in craftsmanship of Safari prehistoric models is obvious (I also watched the videos of Daeodon, Uintatherium and Mastodon). I'm noticing that the models have considerably more weight to them and seem to be of even higher quality than previous efforts. Of course, I haven't held them in hand, yet. It would be pretty cool if Safari revisits the Andrewsarchus with an updated, larger/wider model.

I collect prehistoric mammals and will be picking up all of these at some point (as well as the Eofauna)...as soon as I can get some more funds :( since I spent all my money on Xbox Scorpio. I also watched the video of the WS Amarga. Very impressive model. He is right in stating that the level of quality (packed in) gives the impression of a high-end collector's model (it should certainly cater to the artistic, nuanced types). The only caveat is that it seems to necessitate more shelf space.

Concavenator

Has anyone got the new Triceratops already? If so,could he /she post up some pics  of it? We have to see how it looks in real life,in the pics it looks awesome and rather imposing.

Jose S.M.

Mine just arrived at the transport facility that I use to transport packages to Costa Rica, I have to use a third party  transport service, otherwise there's a huge chance that even a small package with a single  plastic dinosaur will get stuck in customs. So it should be in my hands in a week. I'm so excited. 

Lanthanotus

Can't wait until the European retailers got all of them in stock.... but that will probably take until after x-mas.

Neosodon

Most 2018's here in the U.S are in stock but I'm waiting on the Malawisaurus before placing my order.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Neosodon on November 21, 2017, 06:05:53 PM
Most 2018's here in the U.S are in stock but I'm waiting on the Malawisaurus before placing my order.

I should have waited for the Malawi but I just couldn't, it's a Triceratops! Ceratopsians made me break my collecting rules  ;D ;D

Shonisaurus

I just watched an official promotional video of the Safari company of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals this coming year, I passed the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZu5HS2wqL4&feature=push-u&attr_tag=HbRmChlg3Pz4UKia-6

Dinomike

I'M really excited about the Malawisaurus. It has such striking paint application! Good offerings from Safari, once again.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Minmiminime

Thank you Shonisaurus, that's good fun to watch ^-^ It's going to be another expensive year >:D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 21, 2017, 10:05:36 PM
Thank you Shonisaurus, that's good fun to watch ^-^ It's going to be another expensive year >:D

You're welcome Minminima is an honor to me. This year Safari is the best of its history (which is to say) along with the batch of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of 2017. 8)

I'm also excited about the new figures. In fact I bought in advance the Americanum mammoth (mastondon) and the daeodon.  :)

Daspletodave

This year's prehistoric mammals are simply awesome. I hope Safari continues to do the largest and most bizarre looking extinct mammals in the future - Indricotherium, Deinotherium, Gomphotherium, Arsinotherium, Megatherium, Elasmotherium, and Chalicotherium.

Jose S.M.

There a Megatherium by them already, but all of the other choices are great. Even when I prefer dinosaurs to collect, I hope they keep balancing their releases like this year, hopefully next year will be with before Mesozoic creatures. Dimetrodon might be a teaser for that.

Shonisaurus

I am a supporter that every company of prehistoric animals especially Collecta and Safari among others perform every year equally in a third each each of Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic animals. That would be great for me, and alternate with terrestrial, marine and flying creatures.

On the other hand I pass this video Safari anzu especially for those who still do not have it with us to open your mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbrwPOiVgwQ

It is a fabulous creature. Considering that it is almost unknown in the dinosaur toy market.  ^-^

Megalosaurus

I love they made a Macrauchenia (I still prefer the Schleich one). I'm getting all the mammals of 2018.

Quote from: Dinomike on November 21, 2017, 08:58:20 PM
I'M really excited about the Malawisaurus. It has such striking paint application! Good offerings from Safari, once again.

It looks amazing, but I think that the white Paint doesn't look natural. Well, half albino animals have that Kind of colouration. Is still pretty nice, so I want it, but I think it will look better with a cream colour instead of White.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 22, 2017, 07:22:01 PM
I love they made a Macrauchenia (I still prefer the Schleich one). I'm getting all the mammals of 2018.

I hope it is roughly around the same size. I would love to have a pair of Macrauchenia. It seems that the Megacerops and possibly the Hyaenodon will work well with my Mojo versions.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 22, 2017, 10:26:52 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 22, 2017, 07:22:01 PM

I hope it is roughly around the same size. I would love to have a pair of Macrauchenia. It seems that the Megacerops and possibly the Hyaenodon will work well with my Mojo versions.

I hope so too.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Figured I would post this here as it would be seen more.  Safari is running a Black Friday deal, 35% off you order and free shipping.  I just made a 70.00+ order into a 40.00+ one.  The Dimetrodon and last sauropod still aren't available though.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2017, 06:39:14 PM
Figured I would post this here as it would be seen more.  Safari is running a Black Friday deal, 35% off you order and free shipping.  I just made a 70.00+ order into a 40.00+ one.  The Dimetrodon and last sauropod still aren't available though.
I can't seem to find the deal, is it only for specific items?

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on November 24, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
I can't seem to find the deal, is it only for specific items?

It's one of those deals that requires a code to work. If you go on the Safari Ltd website and look at the top right, then you will see text that says:

BLACK FRIDAY SALE 35% OFF CODE: BLK35

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: