News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton64

Quote from: Loon on November 24, 2017, 09:12:11 PM
I can't seem to find the deal, is it only for specific items?

I used the coupon code BLK35 to get the discount, it's probably going to work for everyone since it doesn't seem to be a randomly generated one.  Don't forget about the $40 free shipping.

Faelrin

They said on their FB it won't work on anything that is considered a Hot Deal, so keep that in mind. I'm hoping to take advantage of this to get the American Mastodon, Ankylosaurus, Triceratops, Sauropelta, and Regaliceratops. That would knock out most of my wishlist, sooner then later.

Edit: In case anyone is confused the code is advertised at the top of their website, so it's a general code for anyone. The free shipping with orders over $40 is still a thing too.

Second Edit: I just finished placing the order. I can't wait to get them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Irritation

My main wishlist: Mastodon, Daeodon, Amargasaurus, Anzu, Ankylosaurus, Regaliceratops, Macrauchenia, Hyaenodon, Malawisaurus, and Triceratops.

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2017, 06:39:14 PM
Figured I would post this here as it would be seen more.  Safari is running a Black Friday deal, 35% off you order and free shipping.  I just made a 70.00+ order into a 40.00+ one.  The Dimetrodon and last sauropod still aren't available though.
Did you actually order the Triceratops? I ask because if so,it would be awesome if you posted some pucs of it,as I might buy it soon but I wanna see how it looks in person first..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on November 24, 2017, 11:53:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2017, 06:39:14 PM
Figured I would post this here as it would be seen more.  Safari is running a Black Friday deal, 35% off you order and free shipping.  I just made a 70.00+ order into a 40.00+ one.  The Dimetrodon and last sauropod still aren't available though.
Did you actually order the Triceratops? I ask because if so,it would be awesome if you posted some pucs of it,as I might buy it soon but I wanna see how it looks in person first..

i did, last week. it looks great, doug did a fantastic job. i ordered another rex to go with it.  i can post pics a bit later.

stargatedalek

Is it free shipping anywhere or just in the USA?

terrorchicken

^just the USA I think

well I was ready to take advantage of the black Friday offer, made an account, ordered a bunch of stuff,  joined Bernie Bucks and was ready to check out...
doh! they don't accept PayPal!
why Safari!?
:(

Keaton64

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 25, 2017, 12:14:16 AM

According to their FAQ, they don't have international shipping available at all.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Keaton64 on November 25, 2017, 12:23:18 AM

According to their FAQ, they don't have international shipping available at all.
That's bogus because I've purchased from them directly before.

Blade-of-the-Moon

if you have paypal debit that should work?

stargatedalek

Well apparently they removed service in Canada sometime in the past year or two. That's great, really makes them look competent and like their brands influence is expanding.

It even still accepts Canadian addresses and then gives you a pop-up saying they can no longer offer service to this address right before your purchase would normally go through, after making you go through all the effort.

Definitely not ordering through Amazon with the disgustingly inflated prices, looks like I'll be waiting until the responsible retailers have them, which for the extants may be a long, long time.

Keaton64

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 25, 2017, 12:45:12 AM
Definitely not ordering through Amazon with the disgustingly inflated prices, looks like I'll be waiting until the responsible retailers have them, which for the extants may be a long, long time.

Try this eBay seller, Brown House Treasures (very good seller rating):

http://stores.ebay.com/Brown-House-Treasures

They do global shipping, although I don't know how much it will be.  They carry all of Safari's products.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Keaton64 on November 25, 2017, 12:23:18 AM

It's a pity since I would be interested in Safari selling abroad, but I guess they would demand tariff rates for me unfortunately.

Minmiminime

Thanks for the pics, Blade! That trike is quite something  ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon thank you for sharing the photos of that magnificent Safari triceratops, for me it is the best on the market, I really liked the PNSO but frankly now the safari triceratops is my favorite figure. A work of art in this case on the part of the great Doug Watson and as already pointed out the statements of Doug with his photographs next to the Tyrannosaurus rex of the same brand was going to be a figure of considerable size, which is to be grateful on the part of that company.  :P  8)

Nanuqsaurus

Great pics, the trike looks beautiful! :D Definitely gonna get it when it's available in Europe!

Roselaar

Lovely Trike, but the horns are not very attractive.

Gwangi

That Triceratops is a masterpiece.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: