News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 14, 2017, 03:51:51 PM
Quote from: Patrx on September 14, 2017, 03:46:09 PM
I do think it's an actual eye, it looks like it has a distinct convex shape. On some kind of mammal?

So only the most central part is the actual eye then, and it's got orange-y fur around it? Probably some sort of hoofstock. Yawn.

That's how I'm reading it, anyway. And yeah, yawn indeed. Unless it's something cool like Megaloceros?

BlueKrono

Looks like a bison or some other kind of shaggy bovine to me.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

In the video with the blurry photos one was a musk ox so maybe is that.

AcroSauroTaurus

It could be the Musk Ox. But the bottom one is definitely a Vaquita,(the dark pattern is very recognizable.) except it should be shades of gray, not blue.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Concavenator

Aren't they kind of kidding us? I mean,It's September already,the other companies will start showing off what's up on their sleeve shortly,so,what's the point in showing a teaser,just bring on the releases!  :P

Takama

Quote from: Concavenator on September 14, 2017, 08:05:55 PM
Aren't they kind of kidding us? I mean,It's September already,the other companies will start showing off what's up on their sleeve shortly,so,what's the point in showing a teaser,just bring on the releases!  :P

Schelichs models were leaked.

CollectA never shows there stuff off until November and Papo never shows there stuff off until December

Reptilia

Safari likes to play this pointless game of teasers, but I vastly prefer how Collecta and Papo do, even if their reveals come later in the year. It makes much more sense to me to have new stuff revealed around november/december rather than start with hints as soon as august/september. Well, in a perfect world companies would unveil their collections in december and the stuff would be available in january, but maybe it's just me.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on September 14, 2017, 10:35:36 PM
Safari likes to play this pointless game of teasers, but I vastly prefer how Collecta and Papo do, even if their reveals come later in the year. It makes much more sense to me to have new stuff revealed around november/december rather than start with hints as soon as august/september. Well, in a perfect world companies would unveil their collections in december and the stuff would be available in january, but maybe it's just me.

I like knowing as early as possible. That way I can plan my finances with more foresight. Teasers annoy me though.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ikessauro

This teasing strategy is annoying the hell out of me!  >:( Common, release the full pictures already!!! One per week would be better than a piece of a picture each week or so.

This guessing game isn't nearly as tolerable as last years with those silhouettes. I'd rather have nothing to see now than these kinds of teasers.

Appalachiosaurus

Patience young padawans, we will know all about what is being released in due time. I honestly like the teasers, it's a little game to play until the true releases. It isn't like the full pictures are being delayed anyways.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Reptilia on September 14, 2017, 10:35:36 PM

You know, if you just don't pay attention to the Safari teasers for the next month or so, you'll get the same effect you're looking for.  ;)

Halichoeres

Another teaser, this time with something interesting:

Some kind of malacostracan arthropod, maybe a zebu, and a new ceratopsian. Centrosaurine?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Looks like it was a spiny lobster.

Shonisaurus

Ceraptoside is fixed. Let's hope it is a centrosaurus is a very popular figure in the toy market.  :)

Faelrin

I can't wait to find out what the ceratopsian is (and see more of that color scheme, it seems interesting at least).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

Honestly, im hoping its a new Triceratops.   There previous one is showing its age, and it needs a facelift.

X

If it's a revised triceratops with keratinous spines, then Safari is just gonna keep getting perfect approval from me.

SpartanSquat

I hope it will be a new Triceratops. Watson made the best ceratopsian models in the market

Takama

Another reason why i hope its a trike is because they HAVE not made a Chasmosaur since the Vegaceratops. Every ceratopsian since then (with the exception of the Psitaccosaurus) have been Centrosaurs.

ItsTwentyBelow

Alright, another well-done ceratopsian to add to the herd! I'm hopeful it's something other than Triceratops, which is just too standard of an animal for me. I'd be more excited to see the Battat Triceratops get a re-release. I've already got 12 Trikes in my collection, but not one Centrosaurus!

Although, if it is Triceratops, I'm sure it will be stunning and a must-have.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: