News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Extinct Bird?

Started by ZoPteryx, September 16, 2017, 08:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which extinct birds would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose five (5).

Confuciusornis sanctus (Early Cretaceous well known ribbon-tailed bird from China)
Sapeornis chaoyangensis (Early Cretaceous soaring frugivorous bird from China)
Protopteryx fengningensis (Early Cretaceous ribbon-tailed enantiornith from China)
Boluochia zhengi (Early Cretaceous long-snouted large-toothed enantiornith from China)
Cratoavis cearensis (Early Cretaceous ribbon-tailed enantiornith from Brazil)
Cathayornis yandica (Early Cretaceous robust enantiornith from China)
Hongshanornis longicresta (Early Cretaceous well preserved ornithuromorph from China)
Yixianornis grabaui (Early Cretaceous well known terrestrial ornithuromorph from China)
Ichthyornis dispar (Late Cretaceous famous toothed seabird from North America)
Hesperornis regalis (Late Cretaceous large toothed flightless seabird from North America)
Presbyornis pervetus (Eocene long-legged waterfowl from the USA)
Waimanu manneringi (Paleocene primitive penguin from New Zealand)
Messelirrisor grandis (Eocene well preserved hoopoe-like bird from Germany)
Pelagornis sandersi (Oligocene gigantic pseudo-tooth seabird from the USA)
Dromornis stirtoni (Miocene-Pliocene giant flightless "demon-duck-of-doom/mihirung" from Australia)
Llallawavis scagliai (Pliocene small terror bird from Argentina)
Teratornis merriami (Pleistocene well known predatory "giant condor" from the USA)
Sylviornis neocaledoniae (Holocene bizarre insular dodo-like bird from New Caledonia)
Greak Auk (recently extinct famed giant alcid from the North Atlantic)
Passenger Pigeon (recently extinct pigeon that once flew in flocks of millions over North America)
Kaua'i Akialoa (recently extinct tiny sickle-billed songbird from the Hawaiian Islands)
South Island Giant Moa (recently extinct tallest bird known, native to New Zealand)
Broad-billed Parrot (recently extinct giant-beaked parrot from Mauritius)
Pink-headed Duck (recently extinct oddly colored duck from India)
Haast's Eagle (recently extinct giant moa-hunting eagle from New Zealand)
Argentavis magnificens (Miocene scavenging "giant condor" from Argentina)
Vegavis iaai (Late Cretaceous very primitive waterfowl from Antarctica)

ZoPteryx

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

tyrantqueen

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 16, 2017, 08:51:45 AM
I'd like a Haast's Eagle.

Excellent choice!  How could I've forgotten about the king of eagles?!  I've added it to the poll.

And good to see you back, TQ.  :)

Reptilia

You may have included Argentavis too.

Halichoeres

My write-in was Vegavis. With quacking action!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Reptilia on September 17, 2017, 11:08:42 PM
You may have included Argentavis too.

Excellent choice!  I've added it to the poll.

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 18, 2017, 05:13:59 AM
My write-in was Vegavis. With quacking action!

Another good choice!  I'm afraid though you'll just have to imagine the quacking.  :))

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.