You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Can anyone post a picture of this with the Safari Giga? I'd like to see how they compair.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Reptilia

You can find the comparison you need in postsaurischian's collection thread.

Syndicate Bias

I'll upload a picture of them together. A bit of a warning the second giganotosaurus from safari has the dino crisis 2 giganotosaurus colours from the repaint

Dobber

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 15, 2018, 06:17:37 AM
I'll upload a picture of them together. A bit of a warning the second giganotosaurus from safari has the dino crisis 2 giganotosaurus colours from the repaint

Thanks, I look forward to seeing it. Since you seem to be a big Giganatosaurus fan, which one do you feel is the more accurate figure, the VITAE or 2017 Safari? Not counting paint and base ect. Just the sculpt of the Dino.

Chris

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Dobber on January 15, 2018, 12:13:01 PM
Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 15, 2018, 06:17:37 AM

Thanks, I look forward to seeing it. Since you seem to be a big Giganatosaurus fan, which one do you feel is the more accurate figure, the VITAE or 2017 Safari? Not counting paint and base ect. Just the sculpt of the Dino.

Chris
without a doubt that the vitae giganotosaurus sculpt is the more accurate version in terms of the body proportions. the head of the safari giganotosaurus is based off an outdated reconstruction where the skull remains were restored to an extremely elongated degree.

whereas the vitae giganotosaurus is looks to be based directly off of Scott hartmans giganotosaurus skeletal, which features a more likely shorter, boxier skull.

the safari giganotosaurus is also oddly pear shape from the top view, lacks certain muscle groups, etc, whereas the vitae giganotosaurus looks much more properly fleshed out with the appropriate amounts of musculature and flesh anatomy present.

overall the vitae giganotosaurus as of current is the best giganotosaurus figure available.

MLMjp

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 15, 2018, 02:19:47 PM

without a doubt that the vitae giganotosaurus sculpt is the more accurate version in terms of the body proportions. the head of the safari giganotosaurus is based off an outdated reconstruction where the skull remains were restored to an extremely elongated degree.

overall the vitae giganotosaurus as of current is the best giganotosaurus figure available.

Although it is impossible to deny that the head and the body are definitely better on the Vitae version. I can´t help but looking at the legs of both models and finding the legs of the Vitae to be longer than they should be while the legs of the Safari look more proportioned. At least is what I see when I take a look at photos of the Vitae model since I don't own it, but I do own the Safari Giga.

spinosaurus1

QuoteAlthough it is impossible to deny that the head and the body are definitely better on the Vitae version. I can´t help but looking at the legs of both models and finding the legs of the Vitae to be longer than they should be while the legs of the Safari look more proportioned. At least is what I see when I take a look at photos of the Vitae model since I don't own it, but I do own the Safari Giga.

the vitea giganotosaurus looks to have the well proportioned hind limbs as well. the taller appearance is likely due to their different gates. the safari giganotosaurs has a much wider stride length compared to the vitae giga, whos limbs are a bit more erect and closer together. the vita giganotosaurus is in a taller, more neutral stance compared to the active and wide "running" gate of the safari giga.

i own the safari giga too, and already making plans on purchasing the vitae giga very soon. from what i seen. the vitae giga, which is a digitally sculpted and 3d printed was based directly off of scott hartmans skeletal as a reference

Syndicate Bias

Giganotosaurus https://imgur.com/a/b7BCb

I tried but it was hard with the two having different poses sadly I could take possibly certain angles if you need more to see these pictures aren't the best I've taken sadly.

As for accuracy the vitae one has the accurate body proportions and the skull sculpt is based on the new design of what the giga head was supposed to look like. The safari one on the other hand has a better pose to me, although as stated above does have some rather less fleshy parts which I don't like, and it has some issues with body proportions but still holds up aside from it's head sculpt being outdated.

If you're looking into getting the vitae a few things I have observed from owning it and seeing spinodude with his is that it's not very good due to the plastic. Mine has already leaned far to the right and as you can see in one of the pics I had to support it. It has a bad underbite and the jaw does eventually lose it's grip like spinodudes, so I'd suggest not to open it like at all much and maybe to only stand it up with extra support, because the plastic it's made of isn't exactly friendly to the figures proportions. The pegs eventually will get loose on the holes in the gigas feet so careful there.

Both are great, one has it's issues with proportions while the other has better detail and it's bigger but suffers from the defects of the plastic it's made of.

If you plan to buy it there's a German website that sells it the cheapest around $75 dollars or so compared to the hundreds it's being sold on MHHK or $93 dollars on Vitae or $99 dollars on Dans Dinosaurs. Hope this helps!

Dobber

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 15, 2018, 05:07:20 PM
Giganotosaurus https://imgur.com/a/b7BCb

I tried but it was hard with the two having different poses sadly I could take possibly certain angles if you need more to see these pictures aren't the best I've taken sadly.

As for accuracy the vitae one has the accurate body proportions and the skull sculpt is based on the new design of what the giga head was supposed to look like. The safari one on the other hand has a better pose to me, although as stated above does have some rather less fleshy parts which I don't like, and it has some issues with body proportions but still holds up aside from it's head sculpt being outdated.

If you're looking into getting the vitae a few things I have observed from owning it and seeing spinodude with his is that it's not very good due to the plastic. Mine has already leaned far to the right and as you can see in one of the pics I had to support it. It has a bad underbite and the jaw does eventually lose it's grip like spinodudes, so I'd suggest not to open it like at all much and maybe to only stand it up with extra support, because the plastic it's made of isn't exactly friendly to the figures proportions. The pegs eventually will get loose on the holes in the gigas feet so careful there.

Both are great, one has it's issues with proportions while the other has better detail and it's bigger but suffers from the defects of the plastic it's made of.

If you plan to buy it there's a German website that sells it the cheapest around $75 dollars or so compared to the hundreds it's being sold on MHHK or $93 dollars on Vitae or $99 dollars on Dans Dinosaurs. Hope this helps!

Yes it does help, thanks! I already have the Safari and was curious how the VITAE compaired...man that thing is a monster! Your repaints are great too! Your VITAE is the standard release right? You just added the extra detailing like the Limited release? I do plan on getting the VITAE, just have a lot already on order at the moment.

Chris

Shonisaurus

What I miss about Giganotosaurus Vitae is that its texture is not very good to my way of thinking. If you touch the figure I see that it is made of a slightly rough plastic as if it were not totally polished. With that I do not want to offend a company that is giving so much illusion to those of us who are members of the forum.  :)

Syndicate Bias

Thanks mate, my wife makes the repaints i wish i could paint lol.I hear ya. It's the best articulated giga but quality wise the cretaceous creations giga and mo models ones are far better. The thing that gets to me is why does the limited cost 120 dollars and the resin made one from cretaceous creations is not only better in detail and material but it's about just 10 dollars more and is a great figure. The mo models is 180 but nonetheless very high quality as long as you can paint good and know how to assemble resin kits. Personally I have pictures of the PNSO Giganotosaurus and I'm hoping that maybe even though PNSO is long gone the figure somehow makes it through as well as the amargasarus and spino which would be the best in the market unless papo makes an even better giganotosaurus which I'm hoping for 2019.

Syndicate Bias

alright report everyone, hows everyone's Giganotosaurus holding up? mine i was able to fix the standing issue by twisting its feet a little now its back to normal

Simon

Mine has been standing perfectly since I got it - and I think I was (among) the first to get it ... on December 14, 2017 ... the Summer will tell the tale, but so far it balances PERFECTLY (for 3 months).  (TRex "Wilson" was sagging noticeably after just a few weeks...)  ;)

Syndicate Bias

that's good to hear mate, seems like the real test now is summertime heat

Shonisaurus

In fact without going very far two years ago I bought urzeitshop.de the carnotaurus Battat (you know that it is made of very flexible plastic) and since the summer does not stand up and that is the latest version of that figure, I mean the grayish version.

Regarding tyrannosaurus PNSO what Simon says is good, I'm going to keep that figure in a cool and dry place to avoid damage and so that its stability is not altered.  :)

KeU

Both my Giga and Wilson are fine.
But it was over winter.
Will update when summer rolls around.
My study room is facing west, so it is in the worst spot of the house.
Get warm in the evenings.

Syndicate Bias

ah the test of time. I hope everyones Giganotosaurus makes it, I wouldnt be too worried as long as its not baking hot bit as a precaution i have grabbed the plastic guard it came with and put the base back in the box for now so its feet dont morph or anything in the summer

Rathalosaurus

Regarding the post about the "Best Giganotosaurus" - I think I already stated my opinion on this subject, but I believe that dinosaurs, much like modern day animals, had differences within their own species. Like we have a horse, for example, with a shorter head or a longer neck, I think there were also dinosaurs with a shorter head, or longer neck, or differently built arms, etc.

With that out of the way, to me the Safari Giganotosaurus - really just a subjective opinion - is much more "nice" looking than the one from Vitae.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on March 21, 2018, 04:08:03 PM
Regarding the post about the "Best Giganotosaurus" - I think I already stated my opinion on this subject, but I believe that dinosaurs, much like modern day animals, had differences within their own species. Like we have a horse, for example, with a shorter head or a longer neck, I think there were also dinosaurs with a shorter head, or longer neck, or differently built arms, etc.

With that out of the way, to me the Safari Giganotosaurus - really just a subjective opinion - is much more "nice" looking than the one from Vitae.

I am of the same opinion. So is Scott Hartman who if I read right, provided the skeletal for the Vitae?    That said if the skull is altered to be more correct based on evidence then it makes sense.  If it's just filling in missing holes  by guess work well...

Syndicate Bias

you know thats a good point, i think we get so caught up in the one complete or almost complete specimen and generalise an entire species because of it and expect them all to be similar. But since we will never truly know the extent of their possibilites you make a good point. I guess this also goes to how big it can grow, as well as many other dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: