News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Don't know where is this from, but I see something...

Shonisaurus

Everything said is speculative about this dinosaur, apart from that, the artistic license of Papo's sculptor must be respected.

Of course from my point of view that figure has some similarity with the Paiz therizinosaurus, yes the claws are longer.

Magnificent sculpture by the way, where does this sculpture of therizinosaurus so beautiful come from? It is awesome  :o

ITdactyl

Ah... "angry goose therizinosaur"(c. 2018)

A new paleo-meme is born....

terrorchicken

Quote from: Reptilia on April 14, 2018, 09:31:00 PM
Probably none, cause pretty much all of them have questionable feathering. The Papo Therizinosaurus has typical Papo inaccuracies, but the design quality make them easily ignorable.

thats a shame, I still dont have a therizinosaurus in my collection...maybe Safari ltd will give us an good one down the line.

tanystropheus

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 15, 2018, 07:24:23 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on April 14, 2018, 09:31:00 PM
Probably none, cause pretty much all of them have questionable feathering. The Papo Therizinosaurus has typical Papo inaccuracies, but the design quality make them easily ignorable.

thats a shame, I still dont have a therizinosaurus in my collection...maybe Safari ltd will give us an good one down the line.

I think the inaccuracies have been overstated. Aside from somewhat curtailed claws (safety check?), the model is one of Papo's strongest. I really doubt Safari will improve upon the formula.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Georassic on April 14, 2018, 04:19:45 PM
Considering it was named for the size of its claws, and those claws are arguably its most distinguishing feature, that's a pretty glaring inaccuracy. Probably enough for me to cross it off my wishlist. Bummer, because I was really looking forward to this figure.

You can always mod the claws with a little bit of epoxy. Difficulty level about 3/10.

Also, if you paint the claws jet black, it will automatically give the impression (or illusion) of increased length (notice that the claws are only painted half-way)

Shonisaurus

You can also order a paleoartist to measure the claws, that is, make them bigger. I am sure that someone in DTF will modify the claws in case they buy the Therizinosaurus Papo.

Ceratosaurus

From what I can tell the claws of a Therizinosaurus could reach to up to just under a meter in length. Assuming the Papo figure is about 1:40 scale like many other Papo figures, that would mean its claw should be at most 2.5cm in length or just under an inch. It could just be an immature version of the dinosaur, not really that big of a difference to me but I'm new to collecting.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

In my case, I do not complain much about the toy dinosaur figures in general (before, perhaps I complained more) I am more than satisfied with the outstanding figure of Papo therizinosaurus as it is marketed.

The therizinosaurus Papo 2018 is a worthy figure for a collector in my case and even for a paleontologist (I know of paleontologists and dinosaur scholars who collect toy figures as ornaments in their desks).  :)

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 03:17:42 PM
I am more than satisfied with the outstanding figure of Paiz therizinosaurus as it is marketed.

What do you mean with "Paiz Therizinosaurus"?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 16, 2018, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 16, 2018, 03:17:42 PM
I am more than satisfied with the outstanding figure of Paiz therizinosaurus as it is marketed.

What do you mean with "Paiz Therizinosaurus"?

Sorry (I have already corrected in the initial text) I was referring to the figure "Papo Therizinosaurus". I had written the text very quickly and for that reason it appears in that written form.  :-X

Reptilia

Ah ok, I was thinking you were referring to the picture I posted above. Thought that Paiz was the name of the artist that sculpted the statue, or maybe the place where it is.

Syndicate Bias

So when should we expect wave 2? And which ones are wave 2

hao_bao

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 16, 2018, 10:36:19 PM

1st July for Iguanodon and Theri

Shonisaurus

Quote from: hao_bao on April 17, 2018, 09:04:51 AM

Hao Bao How do you know that the second part of dinosaur novelties of Papo 2018 will be for that date? So late?

Syndicate Bias

Dang, that far away. I wouldve thought maybe early may

hao_bao

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 17, 2018, 03:01:08 PM
Quote from: hao_bao on April 17, 2018, 09:04:51 AM

Hao Bao How do you know that the second part of dinosaur novelties of Papo 2018 will be for that date? So late?

That's when the shop I use in the UK stocks them and they always get Papo products in the moment they're released. I have product alerts set up for them.

Atokensis

"The new Papo Therizinosaurus (and Iguanodon) model is expected to arrive sometime in quarter 2 (March to the end of June 2018)."
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/11/19/papo-new-prehistoric-animal-models-for-2018.html

Someone also mentioned Acrocanthosaurus possibly being part of the quarter 2 release, but I'm not completely sure.

Syndicate Bias

Awww rip. All i care about is the acro and compy mainly. I guess ill be empty until maybe vitae releases their sinraptor soon then

Reptilia

Wave 2 will be available well before july, keep an eye open on german retailers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: