News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on January 11, 2018, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: hao_bao on January 11, 2018, 02:32:53 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 11, 2018, 01:35:54 PM
Quote from: hao_bao on January 11, 2018, 10:58:40 AM
Quote from: apatosaurus3232 on January 07, 2018, 12:12:30 AM
Honestly when the first photos leaked I thought the Amargasaurus was from Schleich lol.

I thought maybe Collect-A or Safari, since their models tend to be very cartoonish and sloppily painted.

I've reported you to the mods, just as I did yesterday. I don't know why you're trying to start up this divisive argument all over again.

I do apologise, I thought my internet was playing up again which is why I reposted, I didn't think for one moment that my comment might have been deleted. Perhaps this isn't the right forum for me then, I'm not used to personal opinions being censored in this way. I'm very much an advocate for free exchange of ideas and open discussion. I apologise if anyone has been offended by my aversion towards the aforementioned toys. Peace and goodwill to all.

It's not a matter of personal opinions being censored; it's a matter of your statement being unnecessarily provocative, especially in light of the fact that another individual recently stirred up conflict in multiple threads, including this one, by denigrating Safari and CollectA in order to praise Papo. It is perfectly possible and generally ideal to express one's love for Papo without bashing other popular companies in the process.

But it's good that you apologized. Thank you.

You did the right thing by raising it to the moderators, but the wrong thing by responding in this thread anyway. Please don't backseat moderate - it takes things off topic (encroaching on forum rule 6), you've previously been asked not to do it (breach of forum rule 4), it is intentional personal provocation (breach of forum rule 1), and it undermines the actual moderators and makes our job more difficult. This is a final warning on all  counts. Thanks for your understanding. C:-)

suspsy

I wasn't trying to "backseat moderate" at all; I was simply explaining to him the reasons why I reported two of his posts. He said himself that he had no idea that his first post was deleted on purpose. I didn't want him to think I or anyone else was simply being mean to him, or that I have a hate-on for Papo.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on January 12, 2018, 12:16:40 PM
I wasn't trying to "backseat moderate" at all; I was simply explaining to him the reasons why I reported two of his posts. He said himself that he had no idea that his first post was deleted on purpose. I didn't want him to think I or anyone else was simply being mean to him, or that I have a hate-on for Papo.

Whatever you choose to call it, I outlined clearly which rules you were breaking and I asked you to stop it. Instead, your response breaks forum rule 4 again ("Respect...moderator requests").  :-\

I was quite clear that my last post was "a final warning on all counts". So, regretfully, you leave me no choice but to take action. In the context of your previous warnings about Rules 1, 4, and 6, I'm giving you a temporary ban for the reason: "Cumulative breach of Rules 1, 4, and 6". FYI, as a precaution, I've applied the ban to your Dinosaur Toy Blog account as well (something I've never had to do before). Thanks for your understanding. C:-)

japfeif

Quote from: Joey on January 08, 2018, 12:37:10 AM
Did you mean to post that in the Papo 2019 hopes and dreams thread?

I guess....probably.

japfeif

Possible obvious question, but is the new prehistoric man that's coming out the exact same mold as one of the earlier ones from some years ago? It IS just a repaint, correct, & not a new sculpt?

Joey

Quote from: japfeif on January 13, 2018, 11:36:50 PM
Possible obvious question, but is the new prehistoric man that's coming out the exact same mold as one of the earlier ones from some years ago? It IS just a repaint, correct, & not a new sculpt?
It's a repaint.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, I liked the old version of caveman more than his repaint. His predecessor in the toy market gave a more realistic image of the caveman. I do not understand why they have removed body hair from that figure, considering that our ancestors would need it more because they were less evolved (even if it was a homo sapiens) and that it would mean "a second protective skin" in the face of inclement weather.

Reptilia

Yes, the caveman is a repaint. And quite a bad one.

sauroid

and dumb too, as if that caveman has just shaved as soon as he woke up
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on January 14, 2018, 08:44:22 PM
Yes, the caveman is a repaint. And quite a bad one.

I wish they gave it the same color as the Rainbow Running Rex.

Dobber

When is the Acrocanthosaurus repaint supposed to be released? I didn't care for the original colors but I quite like this one.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

SidB

Who knows. maybe this is their version of the metrosexual man, very consumed with his self-appearance, circa 200,000 BCE?

CityRaptor

No, he just a little accident with resin. His tribes elder described it later as the biggest amount of that stuff he has ever seen.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dobber on January 15, 2018, 12:16:52 PM
When is the Acrocanthosaurus repaint supposed to be released? I didn't care for the original colors but I quite like this one.

Chris

I hope it is one of the first figures to be sold in the toy market, since the original acrocanthosaurus (rainbow) was last year.

The truth that favors that repainted acrocanthosaurus Papo 2018.

Reptilia

The original caveman wasn't that bad, this repaint seems just lazy and rushed. Papo isn't that brilliant at repaint in general, which at least is good for your wallet. The only Papo repaint that is better than the original is the Acrocanthosaurus, but in that case who knows which is the original and which the remake?

Shonisaurus

I have observed the caveman repainted Papo 2018 and I noticed that the weapons, ie the mallet (or truncheon I call it that) and the spear, seem more polished more advanced. It is as if they had repainted the caveman, refining his coarse appearance with his repaint, but he has also endowed them with less rudimentary weapons. I may be wrong but that's what I think at first glance. He must have changed the spear and the mallet (to name it somehow).  :)

Joey

Quote from: sauroid on January 15, 2018, 07:41:37 AM
and dumb too, as if that caveman has just shaved as soon as he woke up
Lol, thats what I thought too, when I saw this repaint.

tanystropheus

How do we know for certain that cave folks weren't metrosexual? I mean they did have tools and stuff...

Reptilia

I'm starting to need a Papo caveman, after this discussion. I'll probably have to hunt down the originals.

Syndicate Bias

Wonder if mr.seo will have an interview soon on what dinosaurs are up in the air for future line ups not just 2019.

Maybe a tyrannotitan or carcha aside from a giganotosaurus or mapusaurus and an accurate spinosaurus that can rival the PNSO one

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: