News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Katieraptor on January 19, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

Do we have a papo stegosaurid yet?

Only the titular Stegosaurus, I think it's time they try with another, despite some inaccuracies the Stegosaurus is pretty good so I think they can pull another quality  stegosaurid out.

CityRaptor

The Stegosaurus also  needs a TLW:JP inspired baby.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

They did do a Stegosaurus, but, inexplicably, it doesn't have any nostrils!

Reptilia

Being Papo a french company they could go with a Lexovisaurus?

hao_bao

Quote from: Patrx on January 19, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

I can see the nostril just after the beak. Apparently there are two colour variants for the Papo Stegosaurus but they're not officially differentiated so I don't know how to purchase the second one.

Takama

Quote from: Reptilia on January 19, 2018, 10:49:49 PM

I doubt that they would make that obscure of a Dinosaur. They are more of a "Whats Popular" Kind of company in my eyes.

Almost all of the animals they made have been featured in pop culture and media in one way or another.       

tyrantqueen

It does have nostrils actually

I wouldn't mind a new Stego sculpt from them, perhaps more inspired by the Sideshow Stegosaurus this time.

Patrx

Well, there you go, you're correct about that! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that didn't spot them, though.

Reptilia

Quote from: hao_bao on January 19, 2018, 11:18:00 PM
Apparently there are two colour variants for the Papo Stegosaurus but they're not officially differentiated so I don't know how to purchase the second one.

If you have the first version you only have to buy another one from any online retailer, current stocks must be all second versions. But to be sure you can ask the seller to confirm, I think Everything Dinosaur would do that without problems. Miron from Urzeitshop too.

Quote from: Takama on January 19, 2018, 11:33:27 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on January 19, 2018, 10:49:49 PM

I doubt that they would make that obscure of a Dinosaur. They are more of a "Whats Popular" Kind of company in my eyes.

Almost all of the animals they made have been featured in pop culture and media in one way or another.       

Maybe Kentrosaurus? There's not much stegosaurs in pop culture if you put aside Stegosaurus itself.

Katieraptor

What about a Kentrosaurus? It's a little more obscure but still a pretty safe bet.

Some sort of Ankylosaurid might be cool too. Tarchia or Polocanthus maybe?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Reptilia

Polacanthus is already done. And it's not a pop culture friendly genus, so maybe there's hope for an exotic stagosaur too.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Reptilia on January 20, 2018, 12:13:50 AM
Polacanthus is already done. And it's not a pop culture friendly genus, so maybe there's hope for an exotic stagosaur too.

It was a Walking with Dinosaurs critter but other than that you're right.

I didn't know it'd already been done, my bad.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Reptilia

You're right, I didn't remember the WWD one.

tanystropheus

The WS and Papo Stegosaurus look very similar to me. Both are in need of an update. Also, I'm hoping that REBOR makes a worthwhile Stego model (bendable tail?). I wouldn't be surprised if Papo has a Kentrosaurus somewhere in their pipeline.

The Tyco Stegosaurus was my favorite high-end Stegosaurus model while growing up. The Tyco Kentrosaurus is still the best version of the species IMO (until Mr. Seo updates with a Kentro).

Shonisaurus

Sincerely I would like more than to do a lexovisaurus, taking into account that this figure unfortunately is not sufficiently represented in the toy market.

The stegosaurus that Papo could do (new update) would be very good, but it is a dinosaur very well treated by the toy companies and sincerely I am quite happy with the current Papo.

What I said I prefer a lexovisaurus or a kentrosaurus for putting two examples or a gigantspinosaurus.

Katieraptor

I mean just on topic of wishlist, I'd love a Sinraptor or Neovenator. But I doubt that'll happen.

On the topic of herbivores again, I think at some point in this thread I suggested Deinocheirus and I stick by that solution. Deinocheirus used to be this dinosaur of utter mystery, and now it's kinda fallen out of the spotlight, but it's just weird and unique enough to get back there again with a little nudge.

One of the ceratopsians would be nice too. Diablo?

My Art

Lanthanotus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 19, 2018, 11:46:10 PM

It does have nostrils actually

Quote from: Patrx on January 19, 2018, 11:59:07 PM
Well, there you go, you're correct about that! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that didn't spot them, though.

Well, I had a hard time spotting the nostrils on my copy aswell... in fact I am still not sure if they are nostrils or some inaccurate scales, as on the left side of the head it may go as a particular tiny nostril, but on the right side it's just indistinguishable from the rest of the texture. Would post pics, but I sold the figure a while ago... but I guess a lot of you have it in the collection to check yourselves.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Katieraptor on January 20, 2018, 03:55:54 PM
I mean just on topic of wishlist, I'd love a Sinraptor or Neovenator. But I doubt that'll happen.

On the topic of herbivores again, I think at some point in this thread I suggested Deinocheirus and I stick by that solution. Deinocheirus used to be this dinosaur of utter mystery, and now it's kinda fallen out of the spotlight, but it's just weird and unique enough to get back there again with a little nudge.

One of the ceratopsians would be nice too. Diablo?

A diabloceratops by Papo if it is made by the same sculptors of pachyrhinosaurus would be great,  :) I would also like it. As I would like a chasmosaurus, pentaceratops or arrhinoceratops to give three examples. Except for the pentaceratops of the other two ceraptosides there are no good figures in the toy market except the articulated chasmosaurus.

As for the herbivores I would also like a deinocheirus and a gigantoraptor (the latter the gigantoraptor is a rather rare figure in the dinosaur toy market) except some companies that have made timid recreations of that dinosaur to size considerably small there is no good Paleoartistic representation with a medium-large or large size in the toy market.

Dyscrasia

Blade-of-the-Moon

didn't notice that single spike on the Amargasaurus before.. just looks..weird.  Sorta Alfalfa meets Alien from Dinosaur Planet. lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: