News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

I think Pterosaur. Now if it was a Yi...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleodude

With the Quetz's posture I can only see it being based on the posture of ARK Survival Evolved's Quetzalcoatlus considering it's not only in the same hunched over posture but the ARK Quetz is everywhere on Google.

IrritatorRaji

Does anyone know when the first wave is going to be released? Or is it already released and I'm not looking hard enough?

Reptilia

We don't have release dates, but it should be like every year, late february or early march.

Shonisaurus

As always Papo releases the news as soon as the end of February and early March in online stores. So you will have to arm yourself with patience.

stargatedalek

I just want to know how big the compy is.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Papo doesn't really mind scale, so I would guess it would be about the size of the Oviraptor or  Tupuxuara?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 31, 2018, 05:04:46 PM
Papo doesn't really mind scale, so I would guess it would be about the size of the Oviraptor or  Tupuxuara?
I'm hoping more around the size of the Brachiosaurus >:D
I need a big JP compy  :P

Shonisaurus

I do not think it is the size of the brachiosaurus the Papo compsognathus, which I think will be the same size as the cryolophosaurus of the same brand as very large. Although it will still have to be seen physically.

Doug Watson

Hands up, who here when they buy the Compy the first thing you will do is latch it onto your lip and pull? Me for sure  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 31, 2018, 05:20:25 PM

Unless Mattel makes your one I'm afraid your stuck with Chronicle or repaint a Dinostoreus one :?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2018, 12:35:42 AM

Unless Mattel makes your one I'm afraid your stuck with Chronicle or repaint a Dinostoreus one :?
For my price range I'd rather invest the considerable time modifying the ARK Compy and printing/assembling/repairing/painting one myself, anything over $100 (which the Papo Brachiosaurus comes close to anyway) is just too much for me, especially for something so fragile as the Chronicle statue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't seen that one.   I think at some point CollectA will make one,  I really hope they keep cranking out the Supreme line, I've bought..gosh 8 of them? 

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 01, 2018, 03:12:16 AM

... anything over $100 (which the Papo Brachiosaurus comes close to anyway) is just too much for me...

Woah, times have changed. I remember paying around $45 for the Papo Brachiosaurus. If Papo were to make a deluxe Mamenchi, I would gladly fork over $100... ;D

yankeetrex

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 01, 2018, 07:38:47 AM

... anything over $100 (which the Papo Brachiosaurus comes close to anyway) is just too much for me...

Woah, times have changed. I remember paying around $45 for the Papo Brachiosaurus. If Papo were to make a deluxe Mamenchi, I would gladly fork over $100... ;D

Yeah, i paid about 25 for mine on amazon canada and had it shipped to me in the states.  I think they still sell for at least 50 and under. 100 is wayyyyy to much.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: yankeetrex on February 01, 2018, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on February 01, 2018, 07:38:47 AM

Yeah, i paid about 25 for mine on amazon canada and had it shipped to me in the states.  I think they still sell for at least 50 and under. 100 is wayyyyy to much.

Honestly I do not care about the scale of the compsognathus, as long as it is well done it is enough. That does not mean that other companies other than Papo, for example Collecta made a compsognathus of the Supreme line. The one of Papo sincerely seems to me good, although I see that it will be a little small by the price.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is the quote feature not working for you guys?

stargatedalek

I've only seen the Papo Brachio at $75 CDN or over, though perhaps prices have gone up as sales have dropped on them.

Rain

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: