News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Really excited for this year. Absolutely cannot wait for that Therizinosaurus. And the potential size of that Quetzalcoatlus has me really excited.
I'd love to create a diorama depicting a couple of them getting at a sauropod hatchling nest, to which the original artist of the piece I would base this off of escapes me.

Shonisaurus

I count the days to receive soon the new dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Papo. Above all I am interested in the therizinosaurus, quetzalcoatlus and the acrocanthosaurus repainted.  :P

Reptilia

Same for me Shonisaurus, those three have priority, the others will probably only enter my wishlist for now.

unbreakableandy

Was the Rainbow/ Blue Raptor they released last year retired? I don't see it in the catalogue.

Halichoeres

Yeah, the rainbow raptor is retired.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

At the end of first post here there's a link to the full list of retirements for 2018, among which the rainbow raptor (thankfully).

Atokensis

I'm really excited for the new Acrocanthosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus and Compsognathus. The Iguanodon is a maybe.

Still no Giganotosaurus (or Carcharodontosaurus) though, hopefully next year.

Ceratosaurus

Everything Dinosaur shared some photos on Facebook. Gives you a size comparison for some of the new figures. I believe it's also our first look at the Iguanodon. https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/posts/1775275079173032
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

The quetzalcoatlus seems to me an immense figure worthy of the pterosaur that it represents (one of the largest of its kind). On the other hand the iguanodon looks much better in these photos than in the promotional image. It's going to be another of my priorities.  8)

On the other hand acrocanthosaurus with its new paint is an improvement substance with respect to its predecessor acrocanthosaurus arcoiris of so little commercial life.  :P  8)

As regards amargasaurus, frankly, it is not the amargasaurus that excites me and what Papo as we see in the vast majority of his figures has the potential to have made a spectacular amargasaurus within the canons of artistic license that each company has and in this case Papo.

Thanks Gartner13 and Arne for your links both on facebook and urzeitshop.de  :)

Papo as every year leaves unfortunately his best figures for the end for commercialization.

Jose S.M.

That Quetzalcoatlus is big! Also there's a bit of the tail of Therizinosaurus and just by that I can tell is huge. I still don't like the head of the Iguanodon, I don't think the articulation suits it well, but we'll see with more pictures and angles.

Atokensis

They are so beautiful!!!!!

Minmiminime

To me, the jaw of the Iguanodon looks like a beautiful piece of sculptural engineering, designed to fit a compromise that should never have existed  ??? I still want it very much, though..! :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..the Quetz is pretty massive..I love it!

terrorchicken

quetz and acro are really nice, the iguano is a disproportionate mess though, too bad.

Minmiminime

It looks like most of this year's offerings are going to be on the larger side. Oh, my poor bursting cabinet... ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Fenestra

I'm very impressed with the Quetzalcoatlus pose, presence and posture.
I hope price won't slap me in the face.  ;D

Faelrin

That Iguanodon looks more like Aladar from Disney's Dinosaur then it did in the promo pics, which is a plus for me I guess, since that was one of my favorite childhood movies. I'm going to take a guess that it will be bigger then the Safari Ltd one (that I have). Even though I'm okay with articulation, I'm not a huge fan of how its been done on this figure, with the obvious seam line. The shrinkwrapping is still sadly there. Not sure if I'll plan to get it or not.

I'm glad the paint on the neck of the Acrocanthosaurus seems a bit more blended, since it seemed a bit too harshly red on the promo pic. I definitely hope to get this one when it is available for those in the US.

Edit: I'm glad the Quetzalcoatlus is big. Otherwise my thoughts haven't changed on it (not perfect anatomically, but I like the color scheme and pose sort of). Not sure if I'll plan for this one either since I don't really collect pterosaurs currently.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

IrritatorRaji

Awwh, the Acro doesn't look as good as I was hoping :(

Reptilia

The Quetzalcoatlus and the Therizinosaurus are huge, they seem to follow the same trend of the Baryonyx in terms of big figures.

Every new picture I see of the Quetz I like it more, I love the fact that it is massive and I think it'll make a cool display with the other two recent pterosaurs from Papo.

The Iguanodon I'm afraid might be the case of a magnificent sculpt partially ruined by a detail, which is the movable jaw of course. It's too soon to judge obviously, and I still will be buying it, but I can't help but thinking how better could have been without articulation.

Acro is simply fantastic! I look at it and then I look at the 2017 version on my shelf, and I just can't wait to swap them!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: