News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mononykus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 11, 2018, 01:32:07 AMI live in the States, and my order from AliExpress took a little less than two weeks.

I will second this. My order was from 2 different sellers (because my search missed one of the pieces from the seller that had the other 4). I went for the free shipping option in both cases. One took 2 weeks from the order (which included a few days to process before shipping) and the other closer to 3 weeks (it apparently went the long way round since it entered the US via NY rather than Los Angeles; I am in Phoenix). I did get tracking numbers, although there was limited info until it reached US customs.

stegosauria

Thanks for the replies and I think I will accept your offer acro-man. I will send a PM.

Minmiminime

I'm still waiting for my Vitae dinosaurs :-\ The tracking info seems to have stopped at "Delivered To Airlines" on the 20th of August, and Royal Mail are showing that it has not yet arrived in this country. The vendor reassures me it can take up to 60 days, but I've never had to wait longer than 32 days for anything I've ordered from the far east, so I'm a little concerned. Especially since there have been no tracking updates for so long :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on September 21, 2018, 06:26:16 PM
I'm still waiting for my Vitae dinosaurs :-\ The tracking info seems to have stopped at "Delivered To Airlines" on the 20th of August, and Royal Mail are showing that it has not yet arrived in this country. The vendor reassures me it can take up to 60 days, but I've never had to wait longer than 32 days for anything I've ordered from the far east, so I'm a little concerned. Especially since there have been no tracking updates for so long :o

It is my opinion but I say it from my own personal experience. A shipment from Japan had it withheld for more than a month and then the tax agency demanded 46 euros of taxes that I had to pay.

I hope it does not happen to me, but customs officials globally are relentless. Apart from that there is a commercial war unfortunately and there is retention of many international shipments.  :(

Minmiminime

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I am very sorry to hear that, it must have been a very unpleasant surprise :( I did wonder whether current world events are affecting things, but as other members have received their shipments, I thought I was maybe just unlucky. Story of my life..! I will continue to hope this issue, whatever is causing it, is resolved soon! I also hope this will not affect the pre-order I have made for another dinosaur model :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Minmiminime on September 21, 2018, 08:41:54 PM
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I am very sorry to hear that, it must have been a very unpleasant surprise :( I did wonder whether current world events are affecting things, but as other members have received their shipments, I thought I was maybe just unlucky. Story of my life..! I will continue to hope this issue, whatever is causing it, is resolved soon! I also hope this will not affect the pre-order I have made for another dinosaur model :o

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime Not all cases are the same. In my case, it is surely a consequence of the customs service of my nation and its tax agency that are implacable with foreign products outside of the EU, but that may not be the case.

Minmiminime

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I see! I will continue to hope that my dinosaurs will arrive. Watch this space ;)

Shonisaurus

Good news for dinosaur and prehistoric animal collectors:

The dinosaurs Vitae will be available at everythingdinosaur.co.uk I'll pass the link,

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/10/03/everything-dinosaur-adds-vitae-prehistoric-animal-models.html

That was the news that Everythingdinosaur had reserved for new revelations of dinosaurs.

Minmiminime

Hooray!! 🎉🎉🎉 I am so pleased about this 😁 My order ftom AliExpress still hasn't arrived, there's been no update to the tracking information for weeks, other than it hasn't arrived in this country yet on the 24th September ::) So, I'm very happy there's going to be such a prestigious retailer here in the UK!

Fembrogon

Nice! Vitae's figures look very tempting, so I hope ED can supply good prices for them.

IrritatorRaji

I've always wanted to buy more Vitae figures but the high shipping costs always put me off, I look forward to having Vitae models being sold on ED. I've always wanted that Giganotosaurus and Majungasaurus (I wasn't fond of the Majunga on release but it's grown on me)

Ravonium

I'm not fully sure how to feel about this ::)   On one hand, I'm happy for those who want a cheap way to buy Vitae from their countries, and if this deal lasts, hopefully I can get the few planned Vitae figures I'm interested in. On the other hand, I'm not sure whether this deal will last long enough for that to happen, considering how various previous deals with Vitae have ended.

Let's just hope both sides behave themselves  :)

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Ravonium on October 03, 2018, 07:46:46 PM
On the other hand, I'm not sure whether this deal will last long enough for that to happen, considering how various previous deals with Vitae have ended.

I don't know much about Vitae or any of the issues they've faced, could you explain what you mean by this?

Ravonium

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 03, 2018, 08:14:49 PM
I don't know much about Vitae or any of the issues they've faced, could you explain what you mean by this?

They faced an issue with the German store shop.modellpferdeversand.de in June, and seem to have been a bit tentative about deals with most smaller online shops (with the exception of Dan's Dinosaurs, and even then, they haven't gotten any of the very newest Vitae figures) since, until now. Replies 209-215 to this thread was around where this was pointed out.

I realise now that, apart from this, there aren't really any other examples of issues Vitae has had with online shops. I now realise that my worry in that regard is probably unfounded, but I do still stand by my hope that both sides behave.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Ravonium on October 03, 2018, 09:29:12 PM
They faced an issue with the German store shop.modellpferdeversand.de in June, and seem to have been a bit tentative about deals with most smaller online shops (with the exception of Dan's Dinosaurs, and even then, they haven't gotten any of the very newest Vitae figures) since, until now. Replies 209-215 to this thread was around where this was pointed out.

I realise now that, apart from this, there aren't really any other examples of issues Vitae has had with online shops. I now realise that my worry in that regard is probably unfounded, but I do still stand by my hope that both sides behave.

Ooh, I understand now. I get where your concerns are stemming from. I still think it will run smoothly, but I guess only time will tell.

stegosauria

the post on EverythingDinosaur's site about they will stock Vitae figures- disappeared. When I searched it by google search it found it but opening it: "Oops, this page could not be found!" And I didn't find anything on ED's or Vitae's FaceBook site about it.Somebody knows what happened?

ceratopsian

I haven't heard anything. You could always message them and ask if they still expect to stock them.

Quote from: stegosauria on October 09, 2018, 01:35:45 PM
the post on EverythingDinosaur's site about they will stock Vitae figures- disappeared. When I searched it by google search it found it but opening it: "Oops, this page could not be found!" And I didn't find anything on ED's or Vitae's FaceBook site about it.Somebody knows what happened?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 09, 2018, 02:27:54 PM
I haven't heard anything. You could always message them and ask if they still expect to stock them.

I messaged them a few hours ago, they have yet to get back to me.

EDIT: They've left me on 'read' for 30 minutes, that's unlike them...

Ravonium

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 09, 2018, 03:11:45 PMI messaged them a few hours ago, they have yet to get back to me. EDIT: They've left me on 'read' for 30 minutes, that's unlike them...

Hmm, this does seem fishy  ::)  If this does indeed turn out to be because of unforeseen circumstances, well, what else do I have to say, apart from 'I told you so!'  8)  (Although I do think that is still a bit premature at this point).

Minmiminime

Aw, no!! I hope it's just a blip. ED said they have been overwhelmed with interest in the Eofauna Giga and the Vitae range...I'm yet to hear back from them since emailing to request a reservation on the Giga. Hopefully they're just busy?! As of yet, my AliExpress order is still "in transit" ::) I have absolutely no hope of receiving it now but can't do anything til the 14th. I just hope my Wan Long Tang Allosaurus won't similarly vanish

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: