News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

My word. My Sinraptor and Chilantaisaurus have actually finally arrived!! 🤯 It's only taken since August 15th. Anyway. These are expensive little models that suffer from some of the peculiarities that all new lines seem afflicted by (slightly dodgy paint apps on Chilantaisaurus = some blue teeth, poorly implemented articulated jaw mechanism with minor associated wonkiness on Sinraptor) but I feel they've been worth every penny. In terms of elegance, accuracy, sculptural detail and quality, balance and overall production values these exceed the usual toy standard by quite some way, and look great both from a distance and close up! The Chilantaisaurus is very tiny, but the details it has are very fine, the finest I've ever seen on a toy dinosaur! They're a bit inconsistent across the body, but wow. They're enough to give it an extra dimension of realism! The Sinraptor was the one I was most looking forward to, and it does not disappoint. Aforementioned jaw issue aside, it's beautifully sculpted, with a rather gnarly texture. It's such a shame this line seems mired in distribution problems. I'm just glad I've managed to pick these two up!! May take the plunge with a few of the others 😊
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

mgaguilar

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 18, 2018, 10:22:18 PM
My word. My Sinraptor and Chilantaisaurus have actually finally arrived!! 🤯 It's only taken since August 15th. Anyway. These are expensive little models that suffer from some of the peculiarities that all new lines seem afflicted by (slightly dodgy paint apps on Chilantaisaurus = some blue teeth, poorly implemented articulated jaw mechanism with minor associated wonkiness on Sinraptor) but I feel they've been worth every penny. In terms of elegance, accuracy, sculptural detail and quality, balance and overall production values these exceed the usual toy standard by quite some way, and look great both from a distance and close up! The Chilantaisaurus is very tiny, but the details it has are very fine, the finest I've ever seen on a toy dinosaur! They're a bit inconsistent across the body, but wow. They're enough to give it an extra dimension of realism! The Sinraptor was the one I was most looking forward to, and it does not disappoint. Aforementioned jaw issue aside, it's beautifully sculpted, with a rather gnarly texture. It's such a shame this line seems mired in distribution problems. I'm just glad I've managed to pick these two up!! May take the plunge with a few of the others 😊

Congrats avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime! Glad they finally got to your hands. Looking forward to Vitae's new figures, if this is the ground/beginning, then they can only go up in production quality!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime How does the jaw on the Sinraptor look? I don't like articulated jaws so I only bought the Chilantaisaurus, Wuerhosaurus and Zhejiangosaurus for now. Does the Sinraptor look decent with its jaw closed?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Minmiminime

Hi, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx ! If I'm honest it doesn't close fully, and the way it's been painted means that the pink muscles are still visible even when it's closed as much as possible, which somewhat breaks up the line of the head and looks a bit sloppy. It could be tidied up a bit with a bit of paint, but it's never going to look brilliant because of the way it's fitted! Bit of a shame on an otherwise superb little model
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 20, 2018, 03:21:16 PM
Hi, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx ! If I'm honest it doesn't close fully, and the way it's been painted means that the pink muscles are still visible even when it's closed as much as possible, which somewhat breaks up the line of the head and looks a bit sloppy. It could be tidied up a bit with a bit of paint, but it's never going to look brilliant because of the way it's fitted! Bit of a shame on an otherwise superb little model
Thank you for that. It's a pity.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 19, 2018, 06:29:11 AM
Quote from: Minmiminime on October 18, 2018, 10:22:18 PM

Congrats avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime! Glad they finally got to your hands. Looking forward to Vitae's new figures, if this is the ground/beginning, then they can only go up in production quality!

I can't, vitae has a lot to learn at least in paint application and they should just do fixed jaws because articulated ones arent their best. Leave that to papo and rebor who have seemingly mastered how to get them to close properly

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Does anyone know if they're still planning on releasing the Charonosaurus and Shunosaurus? And the Suchomimus, Achelousaurus, Jinyunpelta and the marine reptiles?

Syndicate Bias

Not a single word from them for months now

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 26, 2018, 03:05:03 AM
Not a single word from them for months now
Ah, that's unfortunate

Minmiminime

Speak of the devil...https://www.facebook.com/173557513192438/posts/340729339808587/
Not my kind of thing, and a bit of a surprise given that they were previewing dinosaur  toys and not fossil replicas, but at least they're still active

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 27, 2018, 09:53:08 AM
Speak of the devil...https://www.facebook.com/173557513192438/posts/340729339808587/
Not my kind of thing, and a bit of a surprise given that they were previewing dinosaur  toys and not fossil replicas, but at least they're still active
Not my thing either, but I still have hope. Thanks for posting the news.

Sucho-Matty-mus

Patiently waiting for more news about the Suchomimus. The mold looks promising, just curious to see what the final product looks like.

Shonisaurus

I hope that Vitae's suchomimus is marketed soon, it is a highly anticipated figure on my part. My Safari suchomimus needs a good company.

Archosauria

I just recently pre-ordered the Zhejiangopterus, Zhejiangosaurus, and Chilantaisaurus on Aliexpress. They're having a pre-order special in which you put down a $1 deposit on the dinosaurs and then you get them half-priced when they ship in November. It was a deal I just couldn't resist!

I also ordered the Sinraptor and Wuerhosaurus from ebay. I am so excited! It's a shame I have to wait almost three weeks for them to arrive ;D
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Fembrogon

My two figures from AliExpress arrived yesterday. I haven't had time to give them a thorough look or photograph session, but so far I like them both pretty well. The plastic/PVC has an odd feel to it - sort of soft to touch but overall firm, reminiscent of some Schleich figures, I think - but they seem well-made. Chilantaisaurus will fall over if I bump it, but otherwise it stands just fine. I might have to heat one spike of the Wuerhosaurus to straighten it from shipping. There are some nice textures to the "skins", and paint application seems neat. Overall these are nicely-done figures worth purchasing; although I think they ought to be in the $9-12 range rather than $17-20.

Here they are with some relatives from other brands:

Shonisaurus

By the way, when will they reveal the suchomimus that Vitae had projected? My suchomimus Safari needs a companion.

On the other hand I congratulate you Fembrogon for your new acquisitions, I sincerely recognize that the texture of the Vitae figures are not exactly smooth. The texture of the figures are quite rough and even sticky anyway they are well finished figures. Above all I value positively the wuerhosaurus of Vitae is a beautiful figure, it is a stogosaur that I needed in my collection especially because it is the most voluminous I have to date.

Minmiminime

Ok...looks like this toy line may once again live, sounds like the project has been on hold for a while. Apologies to anyone who can't access this link https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2001286079909611&id=100000847159220
It may be nothing, but it's cause for optimism and it looks like some of these figures are going to be very large indeed!

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately I can not access that link. What figures do they talk about?

I would like big figures are in love with the figures of dinosaurs in general but sincerely the figures of large dinosaurs attract me much more than those of medium or small size. In this case the figures that Vitae marketed this summer were medium-small in size, although the ones I liked the most were the sinraptor and the wuerhosaurus. By the way are figures very resistant to falls and abrasions and their theropods have no stability problems at least the figures I bought in MonsterHouse.

I hope to buy them in the future Acro-man if you sell them cheaper. On eBay the figures of dinosaurs are at unaffordable prices and also on Amazon. I prefer to buy Asian figures from suppliers such as Brett and Emiko (Japanese dinosaurs) or Acro-man (Chinese dinosaurs) whose prices are acceptable. The prices of prehistoric animals of any nation except honorable exceptions by eBay, Amazon or Aliexpress are many times too expensive from the economic point of view.

Halichoeres

The link was a mobile link, and I think it's possible you have to be friends with Cheung Chung Tat to see it. But you might try just deleting the "m" from the beginning of the url. At least one of those prototypes looks like a saurolophine hadrosaur, which I don't think has been revealed as part of their plans. One of the others looks like the Jinyunpelta. The post seems to indicate that the prototypes were cast in metal several months ago but that an unreliable production partner has delayed the production of new figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2018, 11:19:24 PM
The link was a mobile link, and I think it's possible you have to be friends with Cheung Chung Tat to see it. But you might try just deleting the "m" from the beginning of the url. At least one of those prototypes looks like a saurolophine hadrosaur, which I don't think has been revealed as part of their plans. One of the others looks like the Jinyunpelta. The post seems to indicate that the prototypes were case in metal several months ago but that an unreliable production partner has delayed the production of new figures.

Thanks for the Halichoeres information, I have unfortunately tried to eliminate the m. from the beginning of url but not for those. With the information that you have given me, it is enough for me I hope that with time Vitae will release new figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general.

On the other hand I do not have the slightest inconvenience of waiting for months if it is necessary to obtain these figures sincerely I have to monitor my financial situation in my case.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: