News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

In my case I will continue to buy if my wallet leaves me in the future figures from China, Hong Kong or Japan even by intermediaries such as Brett or everythingdinosaur to avoid the robbery of the postal and customs service of my nation, in my case I will To be honest, I am not afraid of my death, I am a fatalist and in the case that I contracted coranivirus, it was because I was from God.

Honestly it seems to me that the subject is overflowing by an infection that will sincerely be sent in this month. I am going to buy figures of oriental origin (which are almost all of them) if I get the coranivirus because we are going to do it! We will have to die of something.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2020, 01:35:13 PM
The positive is that the members of DTF will save us a lot of money and we can save and that way when the new figures are commercialized we will have more than enough money to buy prehistoric animals online.

Not in my case. I use to spend all my money on beautiful things with or without Chinese Dinosaurs :P ;D .
(I know it's an unpopular opinion here, but there's more to life than Dinosaurs.)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2020, 08:44:12 PM
....... I am not afraid of my death, I am a fatalist and in the case that I contracted coranivirus, it was because I was from God.

Please don't take it personally, but that's a stupid theory. It reminds me of one from those "great" American televangelists
that implies that AIDS was God's sentence for the homosexuals ::) .

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 05, 2020, 09:00:51 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2020, 01:35:13 PM
The positive is that the members of DTF will save us a lot of money and we can save and that way when the new figures are commercialized we will have more than enough money to buy prehistoric animals online.

Not in my case. I use to spend all my money on beautiful things with or without Chinese Dinosaurs :P ;D .
(I know it's an unpopular opinion here, but there's more to life than Dinosaurs.)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 05, 2020, 08:44:12 PM
....... I am not afraid of my death, I am a fatalist and in the case that I contracted coranivirus, it was because I was from God.

Please don't take it personally, but that's a stupid theory. It reminds me of one from those "great" American televangelists
that implies that AIDS was God's sentence for the homosexuals ::) .

Ha ha it is simply to take away the matter, that is to say it does not matter, I comment from the metaphorical point of view, I am honestly quite skeptical with the Chinese coranivirus, it seems that they want to compare it with the Spanish flu of 18 if bad I don't remember and it was due to the lack of hygiene that prevailed globally at the time. I understand that we should not fear that coranivirus.

On the other hand there are more important things than dinosaurs in an abyssal way, family, friends, work, sports, reading and so that we are going to deceive life itself. Living day to day and knowing that you or your family has one more day of life is worth more than all the treasures and honors of the world. Totally agree.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here are some pics of the "Cheapie" Vita Giga I received today.  Yes the sparkly glitter? paint is terrible( no it's not just gloss) it will be repainted so no biggie, one of the arms was off as well in the package, but a drop of super glue and it's fixed. Main think I have a problem with is it seem a heck of an underbite? Did the original; have this issue? Also the lower jaw is a bit crooked or warped. if you open the mouth though it's hard to tell.  Kinda gives him some character.   For 24.00 I can't complain much it's heavy as the original I presume? and the svulpt is very nice. When Lanatime is back open after Feb 29th I'll probably order the others.

Shonisaurus

Well, for 24 dollars, Vitae giganotosaurus is very good, but unfortunately nothing to do with the original or with its limited bloodstained original version (which is the one I bought) his painting was less bright and more artistic, but I was glad that you have obtained it, from what I see it has the plastic base so I do not know if it has stability problems since that base I keep it from theropods that suffer from stability problems such as the PNSO yangchuanosaurus for that reason I comment .

Fenestra

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2020, 06:39:28 PM
Here are some pics of the "Cheapie" Vita Giga I received today.  Yes the sparkly glitter? paint is terrible( no it's not just gloss) it will be repainted so no biggie, (.....)

Giganotosaurus by day,
stripper by night!  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fenestra on February 06, 2020, 08:36:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2020, 06:39:28 PM
Here are some pics of the "Cheapie" Vita Giga I received today.  Yes the sparkly glitter? paint is terrible( no it's not just gloss) it will be repainted so no biggie, (.....)

Giganotosaurus by day,
stripper by night!  ;D

That or he has some really weird kinks..lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 06, 2020, 08:24:20 PM
Well, for 24 dollars, Vitae giganotosaurus is very good, but unfortunately nothing to do with the original or with its limited bloodstained original version (which is the one I bought) his painting was less bright and more artistic, but I was glad that you have obtained it, from what I see it has the plastic base so I do not know if it has stability problems since that base I keep it from theropods that suffer from stability problems such as the PNSO yangchuanosaurus for that reason I comment .

Exactly for the price not bad at all.

I cant imagine him standing on his own, there are peg holes in the feet , rather large, but again no base so nothing to use them on.

SidB

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, mine looks virtually identical in every respect. You're right about the glitter. First in line to the paint shop.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2020, 04:06:37 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, mine looks virtually identical in every respect. You're right about the glitter. First in line to the paint shop.

If I'm going to handle it for a reference I might wait til I'm done, but it's def getting repainted. I might just hit it with some grey primer.

Was the lower jaw a bit wonky on yours?  I'm a bit confused how the jaw on this one is off and the original model is not and it's virtually identical.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2020, 05:47:35 AM

If I'm going to handle it for a reference I might wait til I'm done, but it's def getting repainted. I might just hit it with some grey primer.

Was the lower jaw a bit wonky on yours?  I'm a bit confused how the jaw on this one is off and the original model is not and it's virtually identical.
Yes, the lower jaw is most certainly slightly offset to the right, though "wonky" seems to be a good descriptive - it can be pushed back in place, but returns to its original position, Seems loose in the jaw. BTW, the same arm was loose on mine too. I glued it back and then carefully removed the other one, so as to reset it more tightly against the body. Also, I found a couple of small wooden dowels that will function perfectly as stability pegs once I settle on an adequate base. I'll embed these in the base, of course.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2020, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2020, 05:47:35 AM

Yes, the lower jaw is most certainly slightly offset to the right, though "wonky" seems to be a good descriptive - it can be pushed back in place, but returns to its original position, Seems loose in the jaw. BTW, the same arm was loose on mine too. I glued it back and then carefully removed the other one, so as to reset it more tightly against the body. Also, I found a couple of small wooden dowels that will function perfectly as stability pegs once I settle on an adequate base. I'll embed these in the base, of course.

Yeah it's a bit loose for sure. but it almost seems too long or the skull is a bit short giving it that pronounced underbite. When I compare it to pics of the original everything lines up right except that tip sticks out too far.  Wish I knew how the jaw was on, is it a bar of plastic or pins? Might could be reset.

Wooden dowel rods are def an idea. I was looking at some steel rod I had from Lowes that looked about right too, pickup a cheap wooden base from the craft store and call it a day lol

SidB

Hmmm, I'm  used to using "landscaped" bases, either purchased or fabricated, but wooden ... that's an idea.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
Hmmm, I'm  used to using "landscaped" bases, either purchased or fabricated, but wooden ... that's an idea.

It's quick and fast, stain or paint it and drill out holes.

Before they went on holiday Lanatimeshop had bases for sale too, I think three of four different styles for 10.00 each.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

@Thanks to all the rational people in the thread, I was only speaking partly in jest, partly in panic I suppose.

Side note, am I correct in thinking the Zhejiangopterus figure is naked?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

For anyone curious, the Vitae Giga has a slightly larger head to body ratio compared to the Safari and Eofauna and Hartman's skeletal.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2020, 08:46:52 PM
Quote from: SidB on February 07, 2020, 08:34:04 PM

It's quick and fast, stain or paint it and drill out holes.

Before they went on holiday Lanatimeshop had bases for sale too, I think three of four different styles for 10.00 each.
Yes. thanks - I've ordered a few of these.

Dinoxels

I'm pretty sure you can still get some official figures on Aliexpress, but there just leftovers.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SidB

I just ordered the Vitae Sinoceratops from The Model Toy Shop on Aliexpress. Free shipping and it was selling for 49.83 USD - that's a big drop from the previous prices. They still have some stock - once they're gone, they're gone. (It's resin, BTW.)

Shonisaurus

It is unfortunate that the disappearance of Vitae was a promising collection brand such as PNSO, Nanmu, i-Toy or W-Dragon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: