News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 08, 2020, 04:42:04 AM
For anyone curious, the Vitae Giga has a slightly larger head to body ratio compared to the Safari and Eofauna and Hartman's skeletal.

Yes, so noted. While I'm certainly not disappointed in the figure, other than the silly 'glitter' in the paint application (mine is out for repaint and attachment to a base), the size of the head relative to my Safari, Carnegie and Eofauna versions came as a bit of a surprise. I've realized that I'll have to display it with larger scale figures. Maybe around 1/30 scale?

SidB

The repainted Vitae Giga, without factory glitter. This is the same as the original sculpt, for $25, not a knock-off. The re-release had utilized the basic figure , but with a cheap paint job. I had it repained to restore the original glory, though with a somewhat different paint scheme.

SidB

This is the base, originally a stand alone item from a thrift shop, looking for a home. The $25 factory re-issue Giganotosaurus came without one as a cost-saving measure. I added the pegs, which were IKEA wooden dowels that fit the holes in the Giga's feet perfectly and ... presto.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on July 08, 2020, 11:49:30 PM

The repainted Vitae Giga, without factory glitter. This is the same as the original sculpt, for $25, not a knock-off. The re-release had utilized the basic figure , but with a cheap paint job. I had it repained to restore the original glory, though with a somewhat different paint scheme.
can i see more angles of that bad ass giganotosaurus. It looks awesome

SidB

SidB

mgaguilar

Wow!! Phenomenal job SidB!!!

MLMjp

The style reminds me of BattatĀ“s dinosaurs. Great job!

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 09, 2020, 03:02:36 AM
Quote from: SidB on July 09, 2020, 02:46:38 AM

Another.
AWESOMe. Whats your technique
Thank you indeed. However, though part of me would like to take credit, I can't. My same artist friend who did the Battat repaints (see that thread) did this also. Here he had a lot more latitude as he wasn't being limited to a predetermined pattern.  Normally, his subject matter is the world of Warhammer, and I must say that he is awesome, with a staggering grasp of detail.
To answer your question, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno , his techniques (s) are strictly brushwork and associated approaches. He does not airbrush, never has, probably never will.

SidB

Quote from: mgaguilar on July 09, 2020, 03:34:35 AM
Wow!! Phenomenal job SidB!!!
Thank you, but see my response to avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno .

SidB

Quote from: MLMjp on July 09, 2020, 12:59:11 PM
The style reminds me of BattatĀ“s dinosaurs. Great job!
Interesting comment, as the artist (see my response to avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno ) also did my Battat repaints (see thread).

Flaffy

Seems like someone has risen from the grave  ;)
Source: Vitae Facebook
Species: Jinyunpelta

ceratopsian

Remko

That's a very good surprise indeed!

I only have three Vitae figures at the moment, with more on the way, but I'll have to say they are among the best available, right up there with Eofauna and PNSO, and far superior to the more toy figures from Safari and Collecta.

Jose S.M.

Nice, I've yet to get the ones that I want, Sinraptor and the ankylosaurid, but right now i think they are only available from chinese websites and those are usually a headache in my country. Everything coming from China that is not clothing gets stuck in customs.

Carnoking

Loon

Very happy to hear this. I love the Vitae figures I do have and it's nice that they're back at it, especially with a species that I don't believe anyone's done before.

Remko

Quote from: Loon on September 27, 2020, 09:27:13 PM
Very happy to hear this. I love the Vitae figures I do have and it's nice that they're back at it, especially with a species that I don't believe anyone's done before.

We need more different Ankylosaurids and Nodosaurids anyway.  8)

Halichoeres

Very heartening news. I'll definitely buy this as soon as I practically can. I hope this bodes well for the Brachypterygius, Kaikaifilu, Plioplatecarpus, and Yuzhoupliosaurus protoypes...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: