News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I just read on dejankins that there's a good chance they will get the new figures by the end of the summer, I hope it's true!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 04, 2018, 03:00:20 AM
I just read on dejankins that there's a good chance they will get the new figures by the end of the summer, I hope it's true!

In physical stores last year in my country they were available in September and in July-August they were already available in online stores. I think they will release Collecta's dinosaur figures in online stores much earlier, especially at www.minizoo.com.au.

SBell

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 04, 2018, 03:00:20 AM

If you read the Dejankins blog it states that he, and the rest of North America, is currently quarantined from receiving any figures not sold by their exclusive NA distributor. And that distributor, Reeves, does not intend to bring in this year's models.

Unless that changed, which would be great.

Jose S.M.

If you enter to the CollectA models pages it says that they think they might be able get them, by the end of summer.

http://www.dejankins.com/collectastandard/2018-collecta-prehistorics-look-for-them-here-in-late-summer-2018

Shonisaurus

Ideally, as they began to be commercialized in the toy market both online and physically the figures of dinosaurs of each company (either at the beginning of the year, mid-year or the end of the year) was simultaneous global marketing for this way no child and collector in this case of toy or resin dinosaurs had to wait longer or less time. That would be ideal.

Honestly, it is a task in this case that, for example, in the US, news arrives later than in other parts of the world. I know it is a utopia and it is impossible what I mention, but I would like the commercialization of the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals as scheduled by each toy brand or company of dinosaurs collection (resin figures) was simultaneously level global.

SBell

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 04, 2018, 11:08:20 PM
If you enter to the CollectA models pages it says that they think they might be able get them, by the end of summer.

http://www.dejankins.com/collectastandard/2018-collecta-prehistorics-look-for-them-here-in-late-summer-2018

They always said that. The blog post came later. And he hasn't updated since. But maybe something changed. Given how stupid CollectA has been though, it's doubtful.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: SBell on May 05, 2018, 01:51:31 PM

They always said that. The blog post came later. And he hasn't updated since. But maybe something changed. Given how stupid CollectA has been though, it's doubtful.

I just checked the blog post and Dean commented 3 days ago that they placed an order for the new figures, these is what he wrote:

QuoteOrder has been placed for the first 2018 figures, and we hope to have them here within a couple of months. We're very glad to have been able to work something out to get replenishments and new items from CollectA. Check the CollectA Deluxe and Standard "Stores" to see when the new items are available.

SBell

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 05, 2018, 08:07:06 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 05, 2018, 01:51:31 PM

I just checked the blog post and Dean commented 3 days ago that they placed an order for the new figures, these is what he wrote:

QuoteOrder has been placed for the first 2018 figures, and we hope to have them here within a couple of months. We're very glad to have been able to work something out to get replenishments and new items from CollectA. Check the CollectA Deluxe and Standard "Stores" to see when the new items are available.

That's good news then! I guess we'll see what the timing is like.

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

Just watched Andy's review of the new CollectA Brontosaurus; he's impressed and so am I! Mine's on order and I am looking forward to its arrival even more now. This one's not huge, Malawi size or a tad bigger but IMHO one of the best Sauropod figures that we've had in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA_ljDws7sI

Minmiminime

It looks really good! I was going to get it anyway, so I'm delighted it looks better than initial impressions
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Jose S.M.

It looks really good, I had my doubts about it when some images showed up and the head looked weird, but here it looks fine. I only wish it was a little bigger.

suspsy

I like the small size. Easier to squeeze into a display that's running out of space!

Hope Minizoo gets the second wave in soon!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

IrritatorRaji

For something so small it sure is detailed! Was going to give it a pass but I think I'm gonna have to get it now :))

tanystropheus

Scalewise, it looks like Papo's Apatosaurus has a new mating pair...

Shonisaurus

From my point of view it is one of the best representations paloartísticas of Collecta in regard to sauropods and is at the same height of genius that its diplodocus counterpart of Collecta 2013. The size is within the big size compared with sedentary Tyrannosaurus (as I call it) of Papo and the digits of the previous hooves are brilliantly sculpted from the paleoartistic point of view.

The painting is elegant, neither very conservative nor very colorful is in a medium term. The only defect from my point of view that has is the hozico of the head I see it too long and it reminds me (although fortunately it has nothing to do with it) to the snout of Agustinia Deluxe of Collecta, since my honest opinion is for me a figure of notable-medium or notable-high value, but not as much as other figures of Collecta this year.

Although many people are not in favor of that figure, I understand that I will be more positively surprised by the feathered tyrannosaurus of Collecta 2018, ceratosaurus and dimetrodon (those two of course) and even the estemmenosuchus.

As I always point out with my utmost respect to the rest of the members of DTF and the sculptor, but sincerely I liked the Diplodocus of 2013 from Collecta and even the Argentinosaurus of 2012. The figure is much more voluminous, more detailed (finely sculpted) and with a painting much better than the aforementioned sauropods.

The elongated snout is the only thing I do not like about brontosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 09, 2018, 02:53:03 PM

But is it accurate, though? I've noticed that CollectA often elongates the snouts of their ceratopsians but it appears that a number of paleoartists/model makers seem to be following suit. Their T-rex (w struthio prey) also has an elongated snout, but considering the number of skull variations of T-rex found, it may still be regarded as within the realm of possibilities.

My issue is how CollectA tends to smooth out (excessively) the snouts of sauropods (e.g. Agustinia)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 10, 2018, 05:44:33 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 09, 2018, 02:53:03 PM

But is it accurate, though? I've noticed that CollectA often elongates the snouts of their ceratopsians but it appears that a number of paleoartists/model makers seem to be following suit. Their T-rex (w struthio prey) also has an elongated snout, but considering the number of skull variations of T-rex found, it may still be regarded as within the realm of possibilities.

My issue is how CollectA tends to smooth out (excessively) the snouts of sauropods (e.g. Agustinia)

I sincerely, it is my opinion about the brontosaurus figure of Collecta. Unfortunately I do not understand paleontology, but it is true, there are paleoartists / model makers that lengthen the snout. They will know more than me in my case.

But honestly, I like sauropods with a blunt snout. It is a simple opinion but without the elongated muzzles are more scientific then I shut up.  :-X

Shonisaurus

The latest news of Collecta 2018 dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are now available at www.minizoo.com.au I just confirmed it by email, I passed the link on the page:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/collecta/collecta-2018/

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ivysaur on June 13, 2018, 10:33:35 AM
Ah man. I thought Bronto and Apato where same. So I bought a Apato. Now I need this Bronto too!

It's okay...as long as you didn't conflate Bronto with Camarasaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: