News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

With regard to the articulated jaws, I totally agree with you, no matter how well they do, they give of themselves in any toy dinosaur company. This is one of my reasons that I am a person who is against the articulated patterns of paleo-sculptures of prehistoric animals in general terms.

I prefer a prehistoric animal made of a single piece without articulating. The articulated members give of themselves and spoil the beauty and quality of the figure.

In the colors I'm not really that critical, although I like them more (I've always said) for the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals more conservative and at the same time more realistic, although monotonous, colors.

Regarding the detail in my case I disagree, the figures of Collecta are very detailed, not as hyperrealistic as one would like, but detailed and the texture is from my point of view more than acceptable.

RobinGoodfellow

Details on Collecta Estemmenosuchus are very low and the paint app is quite sloppy and unreal..
The figure would need a professional repaint and a general retouch.

( on the right, Estemmenosuchus by Sean Cooper)

???

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 10, 2018, 09:51:32 AM

Details on Estemmenosuchus are very low and the paint app is quite sloppy and unreal..

???

For example, Martín Garratt, will change with complete certainty with a repaint of his a figure of prehistoric animal transforming a bad or mediocre figure in relation to painting a figure of high quality.

Sincerely the estemmenosuchus is pretty being a prehistoric toy animal but with a repaint it would be extraordinary.

John

Details on Collecta Estemmenosuchus are very low and the paint app is quite sloppy and unreal..

???
Of course a professionally painted and completed resin model that costs hundreds of dollars is going to be more detailed and better painted than a toy that costs less than 20 before shipping!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: John on July 10, 2018, 04:07:13 PM

???
Of course a professionally painted and completed resin model that costs hundreds of dollars is going to be more detailed and better painted than a toy that costs less than 20 before shipping!

Are you sure about that?

Collecta 2018 Bongo:

Price 7 Euro ( 8 USD ) + shipping   ;)

Papo 2018 Therizinosaurus:

Price 24 Euro ( 26 USD ) + shipping ....  8)

John

*wrong thread*
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Digibasherx

I really wished that CollectA would've been a bit creative on the paint scheme on that Estemmenosuchus. 

What base is that Therizinosaurus on?

RobinGoodfellow

Flaffy

Hell, even the Gomphotherium had some pretty decent skin texturing.
It's amazing how 2 items from the same category, and same pricing have such a wide gap in sculpting and paint quality.

Both CollectA deers, Muskox and Hippopotamus have fantastic sculpt work, with intricate details and decent paintwork. (even the hippo has gloss in the interior of it's mouth) The images below don't fully show how detailed these figures are in person.

[image credit to MonsterhouseHK]

RobinGoodfellow

Collecta 2018 Gomphotherium and Musk Ox have a lot of details on them:

Even 2018 Hippo is awesome (I will post pictures soon on my thread..  :P )

:)

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of Dragon Zilla on the stemmenosuchus of Collecta.

The size is decent compared to other brands but not very large, although the teeth I think are painted in a slightly sloppy way. The best of this figure is his head that corresponds to the idea at least that I have of this reptile similar to mammals. That yes the colors of the figure are somewhat neglected, although it is one of my favorite prehistoric animals and one of my favorite figures of Collecta 2018 could have been improved with other dull and realistic colors.

It appears in comparison with other figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of other brands including the creator Collecta, I hope you enjoy it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q3RJoU3eD0

Archosauria

The Estemmenosuchus is such a let down. It doesn't look nearly as good as the stock image...
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

suspsy

I have the Estemmenosuchus and it is anything but a letdown. I think it's fantastic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Quote from: Archosauria on July 15, 2018, 03:43:54 AM
The Estemmenosuchus is such a let down. It doesn't look nearly as good as the stock image...

Most CollectA models don't look as good as the stock image, and I don't think the stock image of the Estemmenosuchus was that flattering.

Reptilia

Honestly the colour scheme doesn't do the figure justice, but the sculpt looks top notch.

Minmiminime

I agree, it looks far more like the stock image than the Ceratosaurus, but those colours...😱 I can appreciate why they're done that way, but it ain't easy on the eye. I will pick up the Ceratosaurus because I love Ceratosaurus, but I'll have to customise it. It's a shame, I might have been tempted by this one too if it had just been done better in the first place
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Thanks for the heads-up - I've just ordered one.

Shonisaurus

Only knowing the figure of the prototype and little more than the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 can I say that it will be the best rex tyrannosaurus made so far by the brand Collecta by far.

I'm almost certain. In my case I will have to wait until September at least.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: