News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Yeah, this movie was an incredible missed opportunity. The WWD people just seemed to lose faith in what they had when the stakes for the movie were raised.  They should have modeled it after a nature documentary except increased it in scale for the movie. I feel badly for all the paleontologists and paleo artists who worked on this film as I'm sure they had high hopes, but the producers didn't honor what it is about the series that hooked people in the first place. I hope this doesn't mean the death of the franchise, though. A new WWD mini-series would be very welcome.

DinoToyForum

I was surprised to see Luis Rey's artwork (I think it was Rey's) used in the end credits.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 17, 2014, 03:21:09 PM
I was surprised to see Luis Rey's artwork (I think it was Rey's) used in the end credits.

I'd read his work was in there.

DinoToyForum

Oh yeah, how they resisted a joke about being 'horny' I'll never know.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Age appropriate-ness... bathroom humor is funny but you can't joke about sex apparently.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2014, 08:15:56 PM
Age appropriate-ness... bathroom humor is funny but you can't joke about sex apparently.

"She likes me and my hole"  ;)

Balaur

Oh god. Did you just do that?

DinoToyForum

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 18, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: Balaur on April 17, 2014, 11:24:45 PM

The film did.

Oh I know. But you just made a joke responding to Gwangi's comment. My immediate reaction was "ugh". It's funny though. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Balaur on April 18, 2014, 01:07:19 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 18, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
Quote from: Balaur on April 17, 2014, 11:24:45 PM

The film did.

Oh I know. But you just made a joke responding to Gwangi's comment. My immediate reaction was "ugh". It's funny though. :)

I didn't make a comment.

Balaur

Oops, sorry! I meant Blade's comment.

Hynerpeton

Dumb that the Dino's talk like humans! :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SpittersForEver

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SpittersForEver on June 07, 2014, 01:20:14 PM
Quote from: predino on June 07, 2014, 08:37:48 AM
Dumb that the Dino's talk like humans! :(
Yeah that ruined it :(

I may get it. But when i see it in the 5 buck bin.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

CityRaptor

Well, they are not talking like people. It's more like one of those animal shows where there are voice overs.
Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqFOalLgaM
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

alexeratops

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 17, 2014, 03:21:09 PM
I saw that too. It was pretty cool seeing that art somewhere else for a change.
like a bantha!

Balaur

And from what I heard, they didn't credit Luis Rey for using his artwork.

Hermes888

Quote from: Balaur on June 07, 2014, 09:01:43 PM
I looked through all the credits and didn't see his name. I figured I missed it, but if others didn't see it either, then maybe he wasn't credited.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Hermes888 on June 09, 2014, 04:11:04 AM
Quote from: Balaur on June 07, 2014, 09:01:43 PM
I looked through all the credits and didn't see his name. I figured I missed it, but if others didn't see it either, then maybe he wasn't credited.
He wasn't.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: