You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I long for a Parasaurolophus (and Apatosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and Indominus rex) for this line too, but I'll still try to get the Kenner one later on. It would fit really nicely alongside these at least. Those throwback features on the Dilophosaurus and Gallimimus are pretty cool. No doubt I'm going to go all out on this line this year. Anything else I had plans for can be postponed for next year I think. I'm actually super glad things are cheap as well, since with so much on my wishlist it adds up fast (easily over $400, if I actually get everything on it, from Wave 1 - 3, but I plan to spread it out over this month, and the next one or two).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

mgaguilar

Is the 12-inch basic raptor in scale with the Colossal????

@tanystropheus the Mosasaurus is ROUGHLY in scale with the rest of the line, so that would be the Thrash & Throw.

tanystropheus

Thanks mgaguilar.

I appreciate the information and photo comparisons. It's been quite helpful.  :)

Joey

Oh man, it feels good to be back on this forum!
I've only got one thing to say about this new Mattel line, I'm very EXCITED!

ITdactyl

'm pleasantly surprised that the Gallimimus is receiving a lot of love in this line.   For the nekkid mimids!!!

CityRaptor

Well, that way you can have them wheeling. Uniform direction changes... just like a flock of birds evading a predator.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

One should get that Mosasaurus only for the great art on the back of the box. I can't tell which is the best between him and the colossal rex, definitely the two best JP toys ever made though.

Primeval12

Joey

Primeval12

tanystropheus

It's a good price for the size. Must be using hollow parts.

Digibasherx

We're experiencing an ice storm here, it's keeping from getting my JPFK toys !!!  >:(

Joey

Cretaceous Crab

Ditto. Just ordered from Walmart to pick up in store tomorrow. It is a surprising price for such a large toy, that from all reviews thus far, seems pretty good quality.

tanystropheus

I haven't been following the market for JP toys. This is the first time I may be interested in a few (e.g. T-Rex, Mosa, Carno..etc.)
Historically, what dinosaurs are likely to sell out for good (and end up in the secondary market)? Any analysts here?
I know last time around I missed out on Allosaurus and Pachyrhin....those models were quite awesome but are now impossible to purchase for a decent price.

EmperorDinobot

I haven't seen any in my area and I am ready to blow a fuse.

Flaffy

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on April 16, 2018, 09:02:50 AM
Legacy Collection is now available online at Target!
Oh jeez those movie bundle packs are pretty pricey for what they are.
To think that bundle packs would've been cheaper than standalone figures of the same quantity.

Jetdin

wow $30 for the mosasaurus?!? that is a really good price for something so large!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: