You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I was hoping to get stuff today, but bills had to get paid with the money on friday, and now I'm back to being broke again. Hopefully by this Friday, I can get some of these. I really want to pick up the Mosasaurus first, and probably the Battle Damage Blue and Stiggy this week if I can. Next week with money I'll try to focus on getting the Carnotaurus (unless I get this one first instead of Battle Damage Blue and Stiggy), Baryonyx, Triceratops, and Stegosaurus, and maybe the Indoraptor. The Thrash and Throw and anything else will have to come after. While I might get some of the Legacy Collection stuff the only must have for me right now is the Pachycephalosaurus. I just hope I don't get screwed out of something from having to do it like this.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Digibasherx

Ordered online with TRU, got Stego, Thrasher Rex, Colossal Rex and the Mosa.  The Carno and the Chomping Rex is not in stock unfortunately.  TRU also has 15% off, so that's a bonus.

Edit:  Well, looks like TRU messed up my order, and charged me for additional shipping.  I asked to have the order split because multiple items would qualify for free shipping but they said they can't.  I asked for the order to be cancelled so I can reorder it separately but now my discount is no longer valid. Uggh, seriously.

Primeval12

Quote from: Joey on April 16, 2018, 03:02:47 AM
Quote from: primeval12 on April 16, 2018, 01:29:26 AM
Quote from: Joey on April 15, 2018, 08:13:56 PM
Quote from: primeval12 on April 15, 2018, 02:40:28 PM
How much will the Mosasaurus set me back?
$29.99
Not that much

For me, that is a lot :(
When you consider that the toy is 27" long, the price doesn't sound bad.

No, definitely worth it! Just not something I can afford at the moment... :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Digibasherx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2018, 02:11:11 AM

Did you clear out the store  O:-)?  Which store was the legacy stuff from?  We don't have Targets up here, but maybe Walmart will stock them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol maybe of a few things but nowhere near all.

Legacy is Target, they should also end up on Target's site as well as Mattel's as well.  As long as they ship you should be able to get them.

mgaguilar

THAT HAULLLL. Insanity. Absolutely fantastic.

If you plan to remove any of them from the box in the future, do please take some photos of their feet for me.

Faelrin

Amazing haul. Lol I'm feeling so left out right now seeing people's hauls today. I hope I can join in on this soon (at least I did get some of the mini dinos early though).

Shadowknight1

No pictures, but snagged the Allosaurus from Walmart.  They only had one.  In fact, they only had one of each Roarivore, a couple of Stegos, a Carno, a couple of chompin rexes with Monolophosaurus, a couple of articulated Indos, one or two thrash and throw rexes, a couple of Mosasaurs, and a roaring super colossal rex.  As well as blind bags, action figure packs, Matchbox cars, and some masks.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

MLMjp

You just wanna watch the world burn, and seeing us suffering right?

Amazing is not enough to describe that Haul.

yankeetrex

Well, Since we are sharing,  here is my haul taken last friday.  Probably wont be buying anything else until Wave 2.  Forgot to add the Net Launching jeep with Dimorphodon in the pic.

The Extreme Chomp thought it could hang with the big boys...

The Colossal rex is so big, I had been working on my personal 51 inch Rex I have been 3d printing, but now it just seems silly to have wasted my time on it, when Mattel made it better looking then mine, lol.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 17, 2018, 03:02:59 AM
THAT HAULLLL. Insanity. Absolutely fantastic.

If you plan to remove any of them from the box in the future, do please take some photos of their feet for me.

Which ones?  I've only bought a few spares to open thus far,  I have the Carno and Thrash and Throw but nothing there aren't a lot of pics already out there of.

Quote from: Faelrin on April 17, 2018, 03:18:18 AM
Amazing haul. Lol I'm feeling so left out right now seeing people's hauls today. I hope I can join in on this soon (at least I did get some of the mini dinos early though).

I know it doesn't really help but I think based on what stock I saw this might have been the release date but it was very light. By the time the film releases in June there will probably be plenty of merch.  Though then it's Wave 2 we have to hunt down lol

Quote from: MLMjp on April 17, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

You just wanna watch the world burn, and seeing us suffering right?

Amazing is not enough to describe that Haul.

lol just sharing the love bud!

I didn't get the Mosasaur yet though,  two walmarts in my area have them in stock but they canceled my site to store order since they couldn't find them. :/  Hopefully soon, aside from the big Rex this will be the most popular toy I think, hopefully increasing the chances they will make another big figure, maybe a sauropod?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: yankeetrex on April 17, 2018, 02:19:34 PM
Well, Since we are sharing,  here is my haul taken last friday.  Probably wont be buying anything else until Wave 2.  Forgot to add the Net Launching jeep with Dimorphodon in the pic.

The Extreme Chomp thought it could hang with the big boys...

The Colossal rex is so big, I had been working on my personal 51 inch Rex I have been 3d printing, but now it just seems silly to have wasted my time on it, when Mattel made it better looking then mine, lol.

Nice! I haven't bought any of the JWFK big vehicles yet, wanna wait to see how they use them in the film..might perk up my interest more.  Now the Jeeps are something else, I had two of the Legacy ones, but gave one to a kid at the store.  I did order the net launching one from walmart , it was on rollback for 15.00 .

Dude, yours looks great!  I would def finish it up.

Really hope Mattel goes all out with a big playset.  Playing with the Thrash and Throw Rex all I want is some fences and walls to break and destroy!

Jose S.M.

Wow those are awesome hauls Blade and yankeetrex! all the great stuff already! Yanketrex your rex looks amazing already, reconsider finishing it  ;)

There are so many figures for this line, I wonder how many of those will get to my country, I think most of the Hasbro JW ones were available here, I only bought the Pachycephalosaurus as a gift, but there are several of this that I want for me.

Faelrin

I agree about this being a lite release. Apparently the stores near me (if searching brickseek and the respective websites is accurate), are "out of stock" for most things. Like none of the Wal-Marts near me apparently carry any of the Battle Damage figures, which means they don't have them out yet (sitting in the back), they are already out of stock, or they don't even have them yet, or they do have them, but have not updated the website. I was planning on getting the Blue and Stiggy by Friday, but if they don't have them yet, then I have to wait longer for those. If not those then I hope I can score the Mosasaurus and Carnotaurus.

Edit: Mattel's site is still missing quite a few of the first wave items as well.

mgaguilar

@Yankeetrex! Please finish your sculpt! From one fellow fabricator to another, you have no idea how happy that makes me.

On another note, does the regular Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus not have sound effects? I noticed that the "battle-damaged" version specifically lists that it does, in its title.

Jetdin

wow all of you are so lucky. toy shops in my country will never sell these things. i need to buy online if i want these, and the shipping from US is so expensive

Digibasherx

The walmart I went today didn't have any JP toys out, they said maybe by Thursday.  I picked the Carno, Stego, Thrasher Rex and the Super Rex.  That Thrasher Rex is amazing!!!, good size, nice sculpt and such a fun action feature.  In fact, all of them were great.  I didn't pick up the Jeep with the net because it felt a bit kiddy.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2018, 02:23:05 PM

I didn't get the Mosasaur yet though,  two walmarts in my area have them in stock but they canceled my site to store order since they couldn't find them. :/  Hopefully soon, aside from the big Rex this will be the most popular toy I think, hopefully increasing the chances they will make another big figure, maybe a sauropod?

Yeah, same thing happened to us. I suspect employees are snatching them up before the person pulling them for online purchases can get to them. But that's okay, we just found one at Target instead!

I definitely say that along with the colossal Rex and the real-feel Mosasaurus, the poseable Indo-raptor will be one of the best toys this year. It is a HOOT to play with. We actually bought two: one for me and one for the dino-loving son. My wife and I had a very enjoyable time playing with different poses last night, LOL.

As already seen by other members who have already purchased it, I can see many funny photos, memes and pranks to be had, as this super-poseable black dinosaur randomly makes appearances in office settings, spontaneous responses to texts, etc. And for $20, totally worth it.

mgaguilar

WE'VE GOT THE LEGACY SPINOSAURUS. IT'S AN EXTREME CHOMPIN'.

Improvements Over Rexy:
Neck is not as noticeable
Feet are more proportionate

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: