News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2019 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, December 30, 2017, 02:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 13, 2018, 06:27:56 AM
still hanging tough with protoceratops this year for me

PS.Add Gargoyleosaurus as well....another Ken Carpenter consult!

We need a protoceratops made by the great Doug Watson. It is the Cretaceous sheep and deserves a worthy paleoartistic representation in the toy market even more so when the Carnegie protoceratops is already out of print.  :)

Jose S.M.

I agree about Protoceratops, one that makes a good pair with the Velociraptor.

Nanuqsaurus

Definitely agreed! :D Doug knows how to sculpt an excelent ceratopsid, and there are too few good Protoceratops figures out there!

CarnotaurusKing

I hope they do any of the following creatures:

Stegosaurus ungulatus
Anchiceratops ornatus
Kosmoceratops richardsoni or Utahceratops gettyi
Protoceratops andrewsi
Centrosaurus apertus
Ouranosaurus nigeriensis
Albertosaurus sarcophagus
Megalosaurus bucklandii
Marshosaurus bicentissimus
Baryonyx walkeri

Tarbosaurus baatar
Tyrannotitan chubutensis
Saurophaganax maximus
Gallimimus bullatus
Utahraptor ostrammaysorum
Paraceratherium transouralicum
Palaeoloxodon namadicus
Elasmotherium sibiricum

*the ones in bold are the ones I really want to be made.

Shonisaurus

A paraceratherium or elasmotherium would be great are my two favorite prehistoric mammals and made by Doug Watson or another sculptor of the brand Safari would be great.

On the other hand I am a supporter like you, now in a palaeoloxodon namadicus to make the competition palaeoloxodon antiquus of Eofauna.

A healthy war and more accentuated from the commercial point of view between companies would be great for both collectors and children. Reverted positively for all members of the DTF.  :)

X

A stegosaur of some kind, the last we got was I believe the okay WS stego.

Some ornithomimid that isn't deinocheirus, there are barely any.

Maybe an updated Dunkleosteus?

Elasmotherium definitely.

Protoceratops.

More theropods, this year was a rather herbivorous year.

Papi-Anon

Aside from the Toobs, has Safari ever taken a whack at prehistoric hominins? I'd really like to see Australopithecines and earlier members of Homo such as Erectus and especially a Neanderthal.

Other than the extinct hominins the following would be instant-buys for me:

Ambulocetus
Durodon
Epicyon
Allosaurus
Bipedal Postosuchus
A new Gorgonopsid or perhaps a Therocephalian
Sebecus
Any Dinocephalids
Prehistoric amphibians
Tiktaalik
Sea scorpions
Dodo
Steller's Sea Cow
Andrewsarchus (mesonychid or entelodontid)
Dicynodonts
Gigantopithecus
Eohippus
Thylacine

On the fantasy-side of their products, these would be nice too:

Yeti/Sasquatch (non-Toob)
Nue
Golem
Dryad
Centauress
Kappa
Tengu
Baba Yaga
Some sort of interpretation of Lilith
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Papi-Anon on March 27, 2018, 03:17:34 AM
Aside from the Toobs, has Safari ever taken a whack at prehistoric hominins? I'd really like to see Australopithecines and earlier members of Homo such as Erectus and especially a Neanderthal.

Technically their hominin set isn't a Toob. The figures are a little larger than your average Toob figure, too.

Shonisaurus

Hominids more realistic than we have would be welcome to me but first of all my greatest desire a protoceratops that equals in beauty those of resin.  :)

For now in the toy market we do not have realistic and larger protoceratops with the exception of Recur.

Archosauria

I want safari to make a Moschops.
I'll buy anything they throw at us, but I really want a new Moschops.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Any other Giant Orthocone lovers out there? I think I had this in my wishlist last year, but I forgot to mention it in my list this year.

Jose S.M.

I wish Safari will do like last year where they were 2 major groups represented, last year was dinosaurs and mammals. That would help diversify the line. Imagine 6 amphibians or fishes. That's maybe too ambitious to expect but it would be cool. Maybe Dimetrodon, which broke the half and half tendence of last year's release, was a teaser for the next group that will have the spotlight .

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 27, 2018, 04:57:11 PM
I wish Safari will do like last year where they were 2 major groups represented, last year was dinosaurs and mammals. That would help diversify the line. Imagine 6 amphibians or fishes. That's maybe too ambitious to expect but it would be cool. Maybe Dimetrodon, which broke the half and half tendence of last year's release, was a teaser for the next group that will have the spotlight .

For example an estemmenosuchus made by Doug Watson would be great.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 27, 2018, 04:57:11 PM

That would be AMAZING but it strikes me as unlikely. I think dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals are probably their best sellers, which is why they could have them be 92% of the 2018 releases. I would be perfectly content, though, with, say, 3 Cenozoic mammals, 3 Mesozoic dinos, 3 Mesozoic non-dinos, 3 Paleozoic creatures, for example. That's probably the most that can be hoped for.

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on April 27, 2018, 04:48:47 PM
Any other Giant Orthocone lovers out there? I think I had this in my wishlist last year, but I forgot to mention it in my list this year.
Personally I'm very happy with my Colorata Cameroceras! But Safari could no doubt make a very nice one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I would be interested in a shringasaurus indicus is a very rare reptile.

A cotylorhynchus other figure in this case of the Permian.

A gorgonops a therapsid also of the Permian.

One among the horned dinosaurs apart from the styracosaurus, Doug Watson could make a protoceratops and even a machairoceratops is a horned dinosaur in a way similar to the diabloceratops from my viewpoint but more exuberant, although that his remains are very incomplete.

I sincerely prefer that Safari like the rest of dinosaur toy brands apart from the classic dinosaurs that will be commercialized next year, yes or yes, I would also like them to alternate with rare dinosaurs in the toy market.

John

I wouldn't mind seeing more large scale models turn up along the same lines as the Amargasaurus from this year.There could be a wide range of subjects.
Ceratosaurus nasicornis in a big size or a big Allosaurus fragilis
a big Stegosaurus stenops
or huge scale Styracosaurus albertensis or Centrosaurus apertus
maybe large hadrosaurs that would be great in a large size like Shantungosaurus giganteus or either species of Edmontosaurus
or smaller hadrosaurs in a huge size anyway like Maiasaura peeblesorum or Corythosaurus casuarius
Any of these would be nice no matter who the sculptor is. :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shadowknight1

I'd love for a remade Allosaurus.  Would also love a Utahraptor now that we've learned more about it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Reptilia

All companies should do an Allosaurus at this point. Safari and Collecta for sure, even for Papo could be the right time for a new version. And then there's always Rebor, or newcomers such as Eofauna. Allosaurus is actually a bit overlooked despite its iconic status.

Jose S.M.

If not this year, I can see Allosaurus being made in the next couple of years, people have been asking for it a lot this past two years or so, and they are known for listening to their fans, but since the sculpting of he figures begins like a year or more prior their release, it takes some time before a very solicited figure appears. It's like when the Carnegie line ended people were excited for new mammals and Safari's own versions of figures that appear in that line, and in 2017 and 2018 those wishes starting to became true. So I think Allosaurus is coming sooner than later, same for Stegosaurus and maybe Styracosaurus.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Reptilia on May 01, 2018, 01:01:50 AM
All companies should do an Allosaurus at this point. Safari and Collecta for sure, even for Papo could be the right time for a new version. And then there's always Rebor, or newcomers such as Eofauna. Allosaurus is actually a bit overlooked despite its iconic status.
Doubt Papo will do another version, and honestly, I don't think they need to.  The most I'd want them to do is to fix the wrists.  And as for Rebor, they won't do Allosaurus fragilis, but they are SUPPOSEDLY doing a Saurophaganax.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: