News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on October 01, 2014, 01:23:17 AM
Where did you get them from Boki? HLJ is still showing them as backordered, which is odd given that they appear to be readily available.

I got them from this ebay sell, pretty reasonable price really and she combined shipping, so that really saved me a LOT of $, I think it ended up costing me like $27 for shipping for all 5 figures.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/2005yoshiki/m.html?item=161424646045&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Daspletodave

Apparently the Archelon and Dimetrodon will be released by January 2015 at the latest, according to my Japanese contact.

sauroid

Favorite patterned the paint scheme of their Archelon after the extant fly river turtle/pig nose turtle Carettochelys insculpta

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

Quote from: Daspletodave on October 04, 2014, 03:34:04 PM
Apparently the Archelon and Dimetrodon will be released by January 2015 at the latest, according to my Japanese contact.
That's good to know.Thanks for the heads up. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

stargatedalek

it isn't the new skeleton, so perhaps they had already started it some time ago

Daspletodave

Any news about that Favorite Archelon or Dimetrodon?

Manatee

To all the owners of the Favorite Anomalocaris and/or Dunkleosteus:
I am going to buy either the Anomnomnomalocaris (I couldn't resist ^-^) or the Dunk off of eBay, and I was wondering which you would recommend higher. I honestly have no idea which to get, as they both look like great figures.

SBell

Quote from: Manatee on December 28, 2014, 04:55:35 PM
I am going to buy either the Anomnomnomalocaris (I couldn't resist ^-^) or the Dunk off of eBay, and I was wondering which you would recommend higher. I honestly have no idea which to get, as they both look like great figures.

I have both--I'd recommend the Anomalocaris myself. It hasn't been done as a large figure by anyone else. It's also really well done.

The Dunkleosteus, on the other hand, has that strange lunate tail that Japanese companies insist on putting on them (despite slightly more evidence being that they would have been a more extended, not lobed, fin) so you can hold out for the widely available Safari figure instead.

Manatee

Quote from: SBell on December 28, 2014, 05:29:50 PM
Quote from: Manatee on December 28, 2014, 04:55:35 PM

I have both--I'd recommend the Anomalocaris myself. It hasn't been done as a large figure by anyone else. It's also really well done.

The Dunkleosteus, on the other hand, has that strange lunate tail that Japanese companies insist on putting on them (despite slightly more evidence being that they would have been a more extended, not lobed, fin) so you can hold out for the widely available Safari figure instead.
I already have the Safari, and it's a great model. Anomnomnomalocaris it is then!

tyrantqueen

Any news on the Archelon and the Dimetrodon? I checked Favorite's website but couldn't find anything: http://www.e-favorite.net/products/prehistoric/VinylModel/

Delayed maybe?

Dinomike

Hey guys - especially those living in the UK or somewhere in Europe. Dinosaurtime is having a Favorite sale. They are selling some of the old models for £3,95 which I found reasonable for such great models.
http://www.dinosaurtime.co.uk/Shop/SALE/SALE---Favorite-Dinosaurs.html
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

I wasn't supposed to spend anything on dinos this month but...ohe well...just got me the Apatosaurus and Parasaurolophus! :D
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

thelordsgym

Great Choices Mikko....the Stegosaurus is also very well done!

Patrx

New from Favorite Co.'s Facebook page:

It looks pretty nice to me!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dang..just when I thought I had all the Dimetrodon figures I needed...

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

What scale is it? It looks big, especially for a Favorite figure. I like it. But he seems too finished off -- mainly his sail. I like Carnegie's better, and of course the details on Papo.

tyrantqueen

stargatedalek

Easily the most realistic dimetrodon I've seen,  and the only accurate one in this size range. It bothers me to no end when companies produce dimetrodon with scales, it should have smooth skin like this one shows. As for the sail, there are a number of dimetrodon species and a number of different sail shapes, from the sail the species can likely be found.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: