News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

State/National Dinosaur

Started by Neosodon, February 21, 2018, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Halichoeres

I think of all the states I've lived in only one has a state dinosaur, and it's a junior synonym of Astrodon. But some pretty good state fossils in the mix: petrified wood, Tullimonstrum, and Eurypterus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pachyrhinosaurus

As for dinosaurs we don't have much more than footprints so our state fossil here in PA is Phacops rana.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sinornis

No surprise here either; Connecticut designated Dilophosaurus the official state dinosaur in July 2017 (the track of  Eubrontes Giganteus was adopted the official state fossil of Connecticut in 1991). Never knew we had both a state dinosaur and fossil ! ^-^

Congrats to Utah for the correct designation!

http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

Gwangi

Eurypterus was my state fossil in NY for 33 years. Now it's Ecphora gardnerae in Maryland, a five million year old sea snail. Not a lot for fossils where I live now but the Calvert Cliffs are a couple hours away which means Megalodon teeth, if I ever get out there.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.