News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Actually, I am very much eager to see an accurate depiction of the two above mentioned Carnosaurs and any large Tyrannosaur [T.rex (especially based on the specimen Scotty), Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Gorgosaurus etc.] from Eofauna. These family of theropods are of my utmost interest and my childhood dream. I do believe only Eofauna can do justice with these creatures in molding the accurate versions based on specimens.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 29, 2020, 06:35:24 PM
Actually, I am very much eager to see an accurate depiction of the two above mentioned Carnosaurs and any large Tyrannosaur [T.rex (especially based on the specimen Scotty), Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Gorgosaurus etc.] from Eofauna. These family of theropods are of my utmost interest and my childhood dream. I do believe only Eofauna can do justice with these creatures in molding the accurate versions based on specimens.
[/b]
Well said, i agree with every bit

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Please no more Allosauroids, one is more than enough. I agree with Loon that the Giganotosaurus is the worst Eofauna figure too. The only theropod I'd like to see from Eofauna would be a Gigantoraptor.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 29, 2020, 06:45:55 PM
Please no more Allosauroids, one is more than enough. I agree with Loon that the Giganotosaurus is the worst Eofauna figure too. The only theropod I'd like to see from Eofauna would be a Gigantoraptor.

Ooo, that would be higher on my list for sure. Maybe I should clarify, I wouldn't really be interested in any big, scaly Theropods from them. But a Gigantoraptor or even a Deinocheirus would be fantastic.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 29, 2020, 06:51:59 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 29, 2020, 06:45:55 PM

Ooo, that would be higher on my list for sure. Maybe I should clarify, I wouldn't really be interested in any big, scaly Theropods from them. But a Gigantoraptor or even a Deinocheirus would be fantastic.
Yes, finally we can agree on something!

Spoiler
that was just a refference to how me and You usually have contrasting views, no offense intended
[close]

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 29, 2020, 06:56:46 PM
...But a Gigantoraptor or even a Deinocheirus would be fantastic.
Yes, finally we can agree on something!...

Well, in that case, I don't want a Deinocheirus from them. In fact I hate Deinocheirus now. I now only like giant Carnosaurs, like: Giganotosaurus, Giganotosaurus with a hump, and of course, Giganotosaurus from Africa.

Kidding, of course. ;)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 29, 2020, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 29, 2020, 06:56:46 PM
...But a Gigantoraptor or even a Deinocheirus would be fantastic.
Yes, finally we can agree on something!...

Well, in that case, I don't want a Deinocheirus from them. In fact I hate Deinocheirus now. I now only like giant Carnosaurs, like: Giganotosaurus, Giganotosaurus with a hump, and of course, Giganotosaurus from Africa.

Kidding, of course. ;)
👍

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 29, 2020, 06:39:50 PM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 29, 2020, 06:35:24 PM
[/b]
Well said, i agree with every bit

We must also add the albertosaurus I understand that the non-articulated PVC toy brand have not yet done justice to that tyrannosauroid theropod.

Carnoking

Ah Eofauna taking the REBOR route this year and releasing variants. I can agree with earlier comments of not wanting this to be a trend from them, but I suppose if you're only going to release one new mold then this is the way to get everything out of it. Hopefully this profits from more than one version will allow them to produce a couple new figures in the coming years.

Oh, and I totally prefer the first color scheme, but of course I'll end up getting both.  ::)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Loon @Loon I would like a paraceratherium from Eofauna, although I am the lucky holder of the Itoy paraceratherium, I am aware that this figure is not available to everyone. On the other hand Eofauna would make a very realistic figure of the paraceratherium as it could also make a colombinus mammoth or even another elephant such as imperator mammoth, meridonalis mammoth or a stegomastodon, moeritherium, anancus, cuverionius, platybelodon, amebelodon that accompanies its Safari counterpart, phiomia or other interesting prehistoric elephant Strongly agree with you.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 29, 2020, 06:07:01 PM
An Eofauna Acrocanthosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus some day, fingers crossed.
Why Carch? We already have Giga.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

I wish people would stop asking Eofauna for allosauroids.  Eofauna has done only one theropod so far and it's an allosauroid.  Let Eofauna do other types of theropods before another allosauroid.  Like a dromaeosaurid, Suchomimus or Deinocheirus.  Not to mention allosauroids are by far the best represented group of theropods in toy form.

? @Stolpergeist, Thanks for asking!  I like herrerasaurids, Coelophysis, Baryonyx and Suchomimus, ornithomimosaurs, dromaeosaurids, troodontids, Eoraptor and bipedal sauropodomorphs in general, thyreophorans, Eudimorphodon, rhamphorhynchids, and long-necked plesiosauroids.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on October 29, 2020, 09:25:22 PM
I wish people would stop asking Eofauna for allosauroids.  Eofauna has done only one theropod so far and it's an allosauroid.  Let Eofauna do other types of theropods before another allosauroid.  Like a dromaeosaurid, Suchomimus or Deinocheirus.  Not to mention allosauroids are by far the best represented group of theropods in toy form.

? @Stolpergeist, Thanks for asking!  I like herrerasaurids, Coelophysis, Baryonyx and Suchomimus, ornithomimosaurs, dromaeosaurids, troodontids, Eoraptor and bipedal sauropodomorphs in general, thyreophorans, Eudimorphodon, rhamphorhynchids, and long-necked plesiosauroids.
Does a accurate stegosaurus interest you?

Sim

I actually put down Stegosaurus stenops based on the holotype specimen rather than Sophie as one of the things I wanted inn Eofauna's questionnaire.  But I'm not so keen on the idea now since Eofauna would probably make it without cheeks and I don't like ornithischians without cheeks much.  In any case, I'm happy with my Safari 2019 Stegosaurus. :)

Bread

I honestly think Eofauna should stick to more herbivore figures for now. Not another sauropod or ceratopsian. The more I see their Giganotosaurus, the more I despise that figure.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I feel like Stegosaurus has been getting quite a lot of spotlight lately. Don't get me wrong, I love Stegosaurus and the discovery of new Sophi specimen (I believe thats the name) that has been giving us updated Stegosaurus figures, such as Safari's and PNSO's. My point is, I think some other species from that family would be good to have.

GojiraGuy1954

Yall are unneededly crapping on the giga
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

Quote from: Sim on October 29, 2020, 09:25:22 PM

^This times a million.

Renecito

I like the second color variant better but I am still not too impressed.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 29, 2020, 10:03:53 PM

I love their Giga, it's my favorite one.  :)

For their next figure I want the exact same Gigantoraptor featured in their book.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Bread

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 29, 2020, 10:03:53 PM
My bad, I noticed that my comment did indeed seem like I was saying the Giganotosaurus was an unlike able figure. It is not, but there are a few things that really bother me about it to the point where I started to not like it. The articulated jaw has some alignment issues, the red mouth, and the lack of detail (due to it being smooth skin rather than scaly). This is why I would prefer Eofauna to stick to herbivores for now, or even prehistoric mammals. Of course I would like to see them make an outstanding therapod, but if it has some of the issues I have named then I'll stick to their herbivores, which are looking fantastic.

BlueKrono

I would love to see them do a Suchomimus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: