News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Honestly, Triceratops was at the top of my wishlist from EoFauna and they seem to have knocked it out of the park, so I'm not sure what to hope for next. Maybe a heterodontosaurid? Or, if not a dinosaur, an early horse?

I'm all for more color variants, it just gives us more options to chose from :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Patrx on October 30, 2020, 06:31:35 AM
Honestly, Triceratops was at the top of my wishlist from EoFauna and they seem to have knocked it out of the park, so I'm not sure what to hope for next. Maybe a heterodontosaurid? Or, if not a dinosaur, an early horse?

I'm all for more color variants, it just gives us more options to chose from :)

In my case I am going to buy both paint options. Sincerely Eofauna, Nanmu, GR Toys, Rebor, Vitae, Mojo and other toy dinosaur companies want to see us ruined many DTF members with their two versions of paint.

Eofauna has a sure buyer of the two versions of triceratops paint.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I want a series on prehistoric crocodilians from Eofauna in future just like their prehistoric elephants. They can really make this group fabulous in molding accurate models based on specimens.

Sarapaurolophus

I commend avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna  for choosing an "exotic" Triceratops at least. The pose is also very nice, perfectly suited for anyone who wants to have their figures engage in some type of fight or display of dominance. Unfortunately not my cup of tea. As others have already pointed out, the open mouth looks a tad too open. I am, too, a fan of cheeks.

I'll have to see this one in different lighting, actual sunlight, to say anything about the colors but I do like the markings on its face!

This year has been tough on small/smaller businesses and so I am glad to see any figure from them. Sure, Triceratops and Co. are common on the market but something's gotta pay the bills :P

Anyone got their book on sauropods yet? I put it on top of my Christmas wishlist.

Ravonium

Probably not getting the Triceratops, however as others have said, I commend them for being novel with it, like they were with the Atlasaurus (hadn't heard of either until Eofauna mentioned them)

Halzk

Shonisaurus

It is bestial for dioramas! Both versions of triceratops are honestly worth buying. Eofauna has done a good job.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Stegotyranno420

Kind of unrelated but i made a video of eofauna 2020 reveals.
Spoiler
If you hate the Beegees, i say you mute it and click off when the picture become high contrast
[close]
Click at your own risk
https://youtu.be/t8AIQ6cxnJg

Justin_

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 30, 2020, 09:05:51 AM
Anyone got their book on sauropods yet? I put it on top of my Christmas wishlist.

It's good, although not quite what I expected. It's probably worth starting a thread in the books, films etc. section about it and the therapods one, and speculation about what's next.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Justin_ on October 30, 2020, 03:52:07 PM
Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 30, 2020, 09:05:51 AM

It's good, although not quite what I expected. It's probably worth starting a thread in the books, films etc. section about it and the therapods one, and speculation about what's next.
Probably Marginocephalians (Ceratopsians and Pachycephalosaurs)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

Quote from: Halzk on October 30, 2020, 12:36:22 PM

The more I see the mouth, the less I like it. Even if the cheek-less look is the more reasonable reconstruction, I still think the jaw being so open makes it look a little goofy.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Loon on October 30, 2020, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: Halzk on October 30, 2020, 12:36:22 PM

The more I see the mouth, the less I like it. Even if the cheek-less look is the more reasonable reconstruction, I still think the jaw being so open makes it look a little goofy.

Looks perfectly fine to me.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

Love seeing the two together, I think it's one of those poses that looks best when paired with a counterpart. I suppose if you're going to release variants then this is the way to do it. I mean you have companies like REBOR who do two or three versions of one sculpt but they often don't play off of each other in a way that allows for dioramas or toy photography. This shows Eoufana really thinking out how to get the most bang for their buck with this mold while also giving collectors a great reason to get both. I mean, I'm definitely going to get both at some point and pose them like this, I think it's awesome they work well together like this.

Sim

D @Dinoguy2, the Eofauna Triceratops's skin doesn't look like the known Triceratops skin to me.  Compare it with what's shown at the bottom of this blog post: http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2015/12/dinosaur-scales-some-thoughts-for.html  The skin is from Triceratops horridus though so I guess the transitional species could have the skin of the Eofauna version.

As for the horns having a keratin sheath as suggested by Mark Witton, why is the nose horn so short?

====

I don't like the second colour variant either.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on October 30, 2020, 07:12:40 PM
D @Dinoguy2, the Eofauna Triceratops's skin doesn't look like the known Triceratops skin to me.  Compare it with what's shown at the bottom of this blog post: http://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2015/12/dinosaur-scales-some-thoughts-for.html  The skin is from Triceratops horridus though so I guess the transitional species could have the skin of the Eofauna version.

As for the horns having a keratin sheath as suggested by Mark Witton, why is the nose horn so short?

====

I don't like the second colour variant either.

The skin looks about right to me, with the small scale of the model taken into account (the largest scales in that pic are the size of a man's palm - these would still appear incredibly small on a decent sized animal). It's got the big lumpy scales as it should. It seems to have the little "points" interspersed on larger scales but it's hard to tell.

As for the horns, the idea is that the brow horns changed shape as they grew, so you'd have the additional curved keratin from earlier growth stages adding length to the horn. The tips should therefore be even more curled than they are. But the nose horn doesn't seem to follow the same growth trajectory (and based on some specimens could even have been more of a boss).
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

John

It's a great sculpt,but I would rather have seen Eofauna commit to either Triceratops horridus or T. prorsus instead of something intermediate between the two.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Remko

Something just occured to me...

First Eofauna dinosaur figure: Giganotosaurus
First Eofauna book: Theropods

Second Eofauna dinosaur figure: Atlasaurus
Second Eofauna book: Sauropods

Third Eofauna dinosaur figure: Triceratops
Third Eofauna book: Ceratopsians?

Fingers crossed!

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Want to see more large ceratopsians from Eofauna especially a Styracosaurus or Einiosaurus or even a T.horridus figure as well in future. Now we are in utmost need a Triceratops slasher!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Remko on October 31, 2020, 01:33:03 PM
Something just occured to me...

First Eofauna dinosaur figure: Giganotosaurus
First Eofauna book: Theropods

Second Eofauna dinosaur figure: Atlasaurus
Second Eofauna book: Sauropods

Third Eofauna dinosaur figure: Triceratops
Third Eofauna book: Ceratopsians?

Fingers crossed!

I hope that Eofauna also focuses on what refers to books to other prehistoric species apart from dinosaurs. A specific book on carnivorous prehistoric mammals, another on prehistoric herbivorous mammals, another on prehistoric birds, another on prehistoric amphibians, another on mammalian reptiles, another on reptiles ancestors of dinosaurs and birds such as postosuchus and others on prehistoric marine reptiles would be good. . A multi-volume encyclopedia of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals would be great. One also lives by illusion.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: