News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I think it's time to start this topic, and leave the other one to the specific figure it is dedicated.

I don't know how far the development of future models has gone, but if I may suggest something to the Eofauna team I'd say try to make dinosaurs as real animals rather than ferocious looking beasts. We have enough bloodthirsty theropods, for once would be nice to have them in placid poses, possibly even resting. And please give 'em lips!

Shonisaurus

I suppose you mean that they make theropods in a sedentary position in the style of Collecta's daspletosaurus or perhaps that they reveal a herbivorous dinosaur, such as a sauropod.

Ravonium

Quote from: Reptilia on March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM
I don't know how far the development of future models has gone

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 05, 2018, 03:57:51 PMMaybe apart from the Palaeoloxodon antiquus they make some theropod dinosaur. I guess the second figure (if they reveal it) will be after the summer or the end of the year for the Christmas campaign.

From what I have been told, the third figure is most likely a dinosaur*

*as said here

Anyways, nice idea to start this thread.

If I have one suggestion to make to them, it would be to actually diversify their range (as opposed to simply making obscure relatives to popular dinosaurs, as a few have suggested).

John

Quote from: Reptilia on March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM
I think it's time to start this topic, and leave the other one to the specific figure it is dedicated.

I don't know how far the development of future models has gone, but if I may suggest something to the Eofauna team I'd say try to make dinosaurs as real animals rather than ferocious looking beasts. We have enough bloodthirsty theropods, for once would be nice to have them in placid poses, possibly even resting. And please give 'em lips!
You should check out Eofauna's site to get a good idea of what to expect when it comes to their dinosaurs.There are no Papo or Rebor style "monsters" to be seen.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on March 05, 2018, 04:15:45 PM

If I have one suggestion to make to them, it would be to actually diversify their range (as opposed to simply making obscure relatives to popular dinosaurs, as a few have suggested).[/font]

That's a good point. Obscure relatives of popular animals is somewhat limiting. Truly weird creatures belonging to entire clades that have rarely or never been done would be much more exciting. I have a whole list if EoFauna wants it, ha ha.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

John

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 05, 2018, 04:21:47 PM
Quote from: Ravonium on March 05, 2018, 04:15:45 PM

If I have one suggestion to make to them, it would be to actually diversify their range (as opposed to simply making obscure relatives to popular dinosaurs, as a few have suggested).[/font]

That's a good point. Obscure relatives of popular animals is somewhat limiting. Truly weird creatures belonging to entire clades that have rarely or never been done would be much more exciting. I have a whole list if EoFauna wants it, ha ha.
This would be a good idea.I really wouldn't mind seeing anything prehistoric from any era. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Simon

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PALAELOXODON!!!!!!!!!!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Simon on March 05, 2018, 04:41:48 PM
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PALAELOXODON!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely stunning figure! Now this is one figure I am willing to go broke and purchase ASAP! ^-^ Great job!

terrorchicken

thats amazing! is that really a pvc figure?

Fembrogon

Boy, that ought to gore my wallet pretty well.  :)) It looks terrific! I look forward to the release date.

Atokensis

IrritatorRaji

Reptilia

I wonder how big that beast will be. Is it confirmed as a 1:35?

Jose S.M.

If Eofauna keeps releasing things with this quality they will become one of my top 3 companies, along with Safari and CollectA. Their first two releases are 10's.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 05, 2018, 10:47:59 PM
If Eofauna keeps releasing things with this quality they will become one of my top 3 companies, along with Safari and CollectA. Their first two releases are 10's.

Definitely 10's. Eofauna models have better paint application than Safari and much improved proportions (with respect to anatomical reconstructions) than CollectA. This is a winning combination.

Simon

My only counsel is ... if you really like this figure, get it as soon as it comes out ... remember the companies that put great stuff out for a little while, then disappeared (aka PNSO) ... there is no guarantee they'll be around next year ....

Reptilia

I do not regret PNSO. Some of their sculpts were interesting, mostly the unreleased ones, but for what we can tell from these two models revealed so far Eofauna seems to be on a different level, quality-wise. I trust them to keep going for very long, and I'm sure people will support them purchasing their models. After all, if Rebor is still around despite all the hate surrounding them, and despite the high price tag of most of their products, I guess Eofauna can do pretty well considering the warm welcome received.

Simon

Quote from: Reptilia on March 06, 2018, 12:46:42 AM
I do not regret PNSO. Some of their sculpts were interesting, mostly the unreleased ones, but for what we can tell from these two models revealed so far Eofauna seems to be on a different level, quality-wise. I trust them to keep going for very long, and I'm sure people will support them purchasing their models. After all, if Rebor is still around despite all the hate surrounding them, and despite the high price tag of most of their products, I guess Eofauna can do pretty well considering the warm welcome received.

It has little to do with whether the company is disliked or liked by the public ... sometimes there are internal problems or disagreements that bring things down (like at PNSO), sometimes bad marketing decisions (the examples here are endless but I'll list Resaurus as one that comes to mind... or Horizon Models in the USA) ....

... my point is that if you like a figure a LOT, and its coming from a new company without a long track record, its better to buy right away, than to risk missing out ...

Simon

Companies that come in with unbelievably amazing figures (like Eofauna) are the exception ... usually companies start with cheap, inaccurate models (think "Collecta"), and then gradually increase the quality over time ...

... sometimes when accuracy (amazing accuracy in the case of Eofauna) is the driving force from the start, other things like a sensible marketing plan for the future don't turn out to be as well-developed ...

... I guess I am sounding like one of Eofauna's advertisers ... GET 'EM AS SOON AS THEY COME OUT FOLKS!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SpartanSquat

I hope they will release it soon! But in the comments section of facebook, jetoar told in about 3-4 months will be released

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: