News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on October 29, 2020, 12:27:39 PM
Wow, a new triceratops? Interesting! With its thin legs, love the LONG horns and less cheeks. I didn't know about this new species, it has such long horns!  :o It's so impressive.
I'm just disappointed because I wanted a paraceratherium and a hadrosaur, but I can't complaint with the figure. It's superb. So accurate, it's just like the skeleton it is based on. I love the "oryx" look.
I'll break my rule of only getting one figure per genera, as I'll also be purchasing the PNSO borealopelta though I already have the Collecta because they are two masterpieces.

Eofauna, please ... we need also a CONCAVENATOR from you. Our most famous Spanish dinosaur needs your special "touch"!

We also need a turiasaurus, pelecanimimus, losillasaurus, and europelta! They are typically Spanish dinosaurs and very well preserved, especially the turiasaurus and the europelta, of which a fairly considerable and complete skeletal set is preserved within what it fits.

Jose S.M.

I like everything of the alternate coloration but the legs. That green kind of comes out of nowhere.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Mattyonyx on October 29, 2020, 08:56:11 AM
What do you think of this color variant?
https://www.paleo-nerd.com/news/eofauna-il-nuovo-dinosauro/

EDIT: I posted the image, but it's not visible on my browser. Dose it happen to someone else too?
Much better

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

A new colour variant of the trike has emerged in the facebook page of Eofauna. Great sexual dimorphism! Eofauna, the brand that really gives new life to the lost world.

Halzk

I. Love. It.  I'm not a fan of the color pattern on the original. This is way better. I was not really sure if I was going to buy it, but now I'm 100% getting it. It gives me Battat vibes for some reason. I suppose the two color variants represent sexual dimorphism?

Stegotyranno420

I believe it may be different "breeds" or "race".
Like a golden retriever and labrador, or maybe like different skin color in humans.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

A nodosaur or hadrosaur in the next year please.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 29, 2020, 04:10:36 PM
A nodosaur or hadrosaur in the next year please.
Only if its an Edmontosaurus. Regalis or some lambeosaurine, but i'd prefer a good stegosaurus

Ikessauro

And down the hill we go! Eofauna starting with the color variants is sad news to me.   :-\ :(

And that's coming from me, a totally insane color variant collector. I know, I sound really stupid and contradictory saying that. But I am tired of color variants. It seems this is all we get from companies now.

Repaints, repaints and repaints. But in the past they at least waited a few years before doing that. Now they release multiple colors. And that bothers me because I want to complete collections. So I end up being forced to buy multiples of the same models just because of color variants.

Of course, the solution is simple. Don't be a completist. Don't be the idiot who falls for these marketing tricks.

But to me that's easier said than done. I deep down DON"T want to spend more money on the same model for the sake of color differences. But if I don't complete the collection, I also don't feel satisfied with it.

Also, there's the matter of space.

I guess I need therapy asap  :o

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 29, 2020, 04:45:43 PM
And down the hill we go! Eofauna starting with the color variants is sad news to me.   :-\ :(

And that's coming from me, a totally insane color variant collector. I know, I sound really stupid and contradictory saying that. But I am tired of color variants. It seems this is all we get from companies now.

Repaints, repaints and repaints. But in the past they at least waited a few years before doing that. Now they release multiple colors. And that bothers me because I want to complete collections. So I end up being forced to buy multiples of the same models just because of color variants.

Of course, the solution is simple. Don't be a completist. Don't be the idiot who falls for these marketing tricks.

But to me that's easier said than done. I deep down DON"T want to spend more money on the same model for the sake of color differences. But if I don't complete the collection, I also don't feel satisfied with it.

Also, there's the matter of space.

I guess I need therapy asap  :o
You should not be a completist, its  not a good thing. People like you should learn 2 things

Nothing's perfect in real life
                   and
YOU decide whats perfect.

Sorry for kind of being hard on you, but i understand you. i hope this helped

Loon

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 29, 2020, 03:28:16 PM
I like everything of the alternate coloration but the legs. That green kind of comes out of nowhere.

This is me 100%. Honestly, I would like a mix of the two. The head of the first color scheme and the body of the second, mimic those god-awful legs.

Is this going to be a variant or is the figure's color scheme just undecided?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 29, 2020, 04:56:45 PM
Nothing's perfect in real life
                   and
YOU decide whats perfect.

Sorry for kind of being hard on you, but i understand you. i hope this helped

Believe me, I know nothing is perfect in real life... I'm alive in Brazil in 2020. Things are pretty ugly here in so many ways.

But  I thank you for your advice, I know that I should decide to be happy without completing collections. But as I said before, that's not that easy for me. I guess it's a process, baby steps.  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Loon on October 29, 2020, 05:04:02 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 29, 2020, 03:28:16 PM
A mixture of the two would be best yes. Such a shame the overall better sign has those legs, and normally I'm not bothered about colour schemes in general though I always prefer Ceratopsids and Hadrosaurs to have some interesting colours and designs on them.
This is me 100%. Honestly, I would like a mix of the two. The head of the first color scheme and the body of the second, mimic those god-awful legs.

Is this going to be a variant or is the figure's color scheme just undecided?
that's weird I had put a response in her but the forum ate it. I'll try again.
I agree that a mix of the two is best, the second one has the better scheme apart from the legs. But really I don't mind about colour schemes anyway though i prefer Ceratopsids and Hadrosaurs to have some interesting colours.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

I would've preferred if the whole figure was green tbh
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro yeah, im not a certified therapist, im a 13 year old boy in middle school, hehe.

But seriously, i hope things turn out better for you.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

An Eofauna Acrocanthosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus some day, fingers crossed.

Loon

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 29, 2020, 06:07:01 PM

That would be a dark day indeed.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 29, 2020, 06:11:38 PM

How about a rajasaurus?

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 29, 2020, 06:25:01 PM
Quote from: Loon on October 29, 2020, 06:11:38 PM

How about a rajasaurus?

Honestly, any dinosaur is at the bottom of the list of things I'd want from them, especially Theropods. I really view their Giganotosaurus as their worst figure, and I'd much prefer a mammal. Megatherium, Paraceratherium or a Colombian Mammoth would be far more interesting to me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: