News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lone Trike Studio - model kits

Started by Lone Trike, April 09, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoreplicas

The Edmontosaurus will be a nice addition, you seem to be heading for a 1:60 scale Hell Creek collection  ;D

Lone Trike

Thanks Strick67! Yes, I was thinking about the "big five of the Hell Creek Formation" for inspiration. The fifth species was supposed to be Dakotaraptor. But I´m still not sure about that. Would be a tough one to sculpt and mold at this scale! Maybe I´ll move on to the next Formation instead :)) It´s not, that I´m not up for the challenge, but I´m a bit short on time at the moment and I´m already behind my schedule for the mold-making of the Edmontosaurus and Ankylosaurus.
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

MIXVS MINIMAX

Why do You sculpt in that unusual scale, where no references, except Ships, are avaialble?

Lone Trike

@MIXVS MINIMAX
I think the scale, I use is a good compromise between depth of detail and material consumption. The sculptures are big enough to put in the amount of details I want to and small enough to not have to use too much material. Especially the mold-making materials are pretty expensive. I wasn´t thinking so much about using a common scale. I think the next smaller common scale would be 1:72. I thought that would be too small to achieve the look I wanted. At first I wanted to work in 1:20 and make really high detailed models. But the production costs would just be too high for me at the moment.

Are you a collector? What scale would you prefer then?

MIXVS MINIMAX

Hallo LoneTrike,

I am that guy who sculpts and casts in 1/72 (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1335.0.)

But beside the scale I prefer, most of the dinosaur models are 1/40. There are plenty of models avaiable for comparing the size and in 1/48 or 1/50 there are at least human figure avaiable.
In 1/60 You are pretty alone. That's what I mean.

Gruß Alex

Lone Trike

Nice to meet another germanski dude here :)) and thanks for your input! I understand what you meant! When I chose the scale, comparability was not the aspect I had in mind or deemed the most important factor. But you made me aware, that it might be important to some collectors! So far I had no complaints however. Maybe 1:60 will be the next big thing, who knows ;)

I remember, I saw your work quite a while ago, while browsing the web. Really impressive, especially doing small species like microraptor in 1:72! I would almost call it insane :D

Gruß zurück, Simon

Mackeral

Did you begin with the Ankylosaurus casting?
I would be interested!

Lone Trike

I´m currently molding the Ankylosaurus and I have also the base left to make! I aim for next week to make it production ready!
But thanks for the request! I will certainly announce it here, as soon as the molds are done!

tyrantqueen

I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment, but I hope you release the Anky and Edmonto too. I'd definitely get those.

I like 1/60 scale! I prefer smaller scales because I don't have much space.

Lone Trike

Thank you, Tyrantqueen! It´s good to know, that my choice in scale was not that bad after all :)

The Anky and Edmonto will be released within the next days, I guess! Unfortunately I had little spare time to work on the project lately. But the molds are all done by now and the bases as well! Pretty much the only thing left, is shooting some pictures :D

Lone Trike

Just wanted to inform you guys, that I finally got the Edmontosaurus and the Ankylosaurus ready for production! I updated my online shop on Etsy, where they are now available.

And of course here are some pictures as well :D

Hope you like them!
Best wishes, Simon  :))

Mini Minmi

I love how the front limbs of the Edmontosaurus look like hooved legs, and that big nose is just perfect. Honk!

The ankylosaurus is nicely pudgy and it's little smile is just the best.

Lone Trike

Thank you, Mini Minmi! Glad you like them :)
Yes, the smiling Ankylosaurus looks almost like your profile pic  ;)

Dinoreplicas

Excellent job on the Anky and Edmonto, they make a great compliment to the Rex and the Trike. I'd be tempted to call the full set the "Hell Creek Big Four" but I was never very subtle with names ;)

Jose S.M.

The anky is face is very cute! Very nice sculpt and the Edmontosaurus looks very impressive too.

Brolyss4

Ahhh I found you!!

I saw your trike sculpts at deviantart some time ago. I'm glad it is available to purchase, it is beautiful for such small scale, welcome.

I thought about that weird 1/60 scale too, I would have loved a bigger line, I hope some day you could make a 1/35 scale version of that triceratops, same size as the papo trike.

In the the meantime, I'll support your work buying some models.

Congratulations, your sculpts are awesome

Lone Trike

Quote from: Strick67 on May 17, 2018, 03:27:58 PM
Excellent job on the Anky and Edmonto, they make a great compliment to the Rex and the Trike. I'd be tempted to call the full set the "Hell Creek Big Four" but I was never very subtle with names ;)
Thank you! It´s funny, because I originally intended to call them the "Big five of Hell Creek", but I´m still not sure about the fifth species. Maybe I´ll stick with your suggestion and call them just the "Big four of Hell Creek" for now :D

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 17, 2018, 06:03:24 PM
The anky is face is very cute! Very nice sculpt and the Edmontosaurus looks very impressive too.
Thank you very much. I´m happy to hear that :)

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 17, 2018, 06:20:27 PM
Ahhh I found you!!

I saw your trike sculpts at deviantart some time ago. I'm glad it is available to purchase, it is beautiful for such small scale, welcome.

I thought about that weird 1/60 scale too, I would have loved a bigger line, I hope some day you could make a 1/35 scale version of that triceratops, same size as the papo trike.

In the the meantime, I'll support your work buying some models.

Congratulations, your sculpts are awesome
Thanks, dude! I really appreciate your support! I would love to make some bigger models in the future as well. I already have the 1:40 Carnotaurus, which I want to release soon.
I found you on DA as well! Your custom model kits look absolutely fantastic! I really love the paint job on your Tamiya Trike. Great work!

Paleona

I love your Ankylosaurus sculpt, it has so much personality and detail :) Really lovely work!

Lone Trike

Thanks for your kind words, Paleona! I´m glad you like it :))

Mackeral

Hello Lone Trike, is there mabye a picture of the ankylosaurus painted up?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: