News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lone Trike Studio - model kits

Started by Lone Trike, April 09, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D Wonderful! I have just placed my order.

ceratopsian

My order has now been placed too - so looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Lone Trike

Quote from: Strick67 on October 04, 2018, 03:44:35 PM
Another fine sculpt with your usual gorgeous detailing. Master painters will love it.

Hope it does well on sales, it deserves to.

Thanks a lot for your kind words! Yeah, I think with all the spikes and osteoderms it´s possibly pretty interesting to paint it :)

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 04, 2018, 08:43:29 PM
:D Wonderful! I have just placed my order.
Quote from: ceratopsian on October 08, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
My order has now been placed too - so looking forward to seeing the finished result!

I cannot thank you enough for the support! You keep the rock rolling! :))
model kits available at: Instagram at LoneTrikeStudio Shapeways

ceratopsian

My Borealopelta arrived safe and sound today from Martin Garratt.  The model is perfect - an amazing sculpt and Martin did it full justice.  I am looking forward very much to see what Lone Trike creates next.

Mackeral

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 01, 2018, 11:07:37 AM
My Borealopelta arrived safe and sound today from Martin Garratt.  The model is perfect - an amazing sculpt and Martin did it full justice.  I am looking forward very much to see what Lone Trike creates next.

Pics or it didn't happen  :))
Looking forward to see the finished Borealopelta!

ceratopsian

Fair comment avatar_Mackeral @Mackeral!

It's a murky day today and won't favour my own photos.  I'll try to get something done soon and post them to my thread.  In the interim, here are a couple of Marilyn's photos that she sent me when the model was finished.

Quote from: Mackeral on November 01, 2018, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 01, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

Pics or it didn't happen  :))
Looking forward to see the finished Borealopelta!

Mackeral

:o :o :o
Top tier painting on a briljant sculpt!

ceratopsian

Thank you - it's a huge success on both counts.

Quote from: Mackeral on November 01, 2018, 04:15:38 PM
:o :o :o
Top tier painting on a briljant sculpt!

postsaurischian

:D Wonderful! Martin is brilliant. Mine is green ;D .
      I don't have it yet, another figure has to be finished until they're going to be shipped.

The picture is © by Marilyn Price

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 01, 2018, 08:42:33 PM
:D Wonderful! Martin is brilliant. Mine is green ;D .

I was most curious to know what yours would look like - that is also a beautiful result.

Lone Trike

Hi everyone!

first of all, thank you very much for posting pictures of the models Martin painted for you. They all look absolutely brilliant!
Green is an interesting choice, Helge. I didn´t expect that at all. But it really works well on the model!

My own version just arrived today. And I´m very, very happy with it! I chose a reddish-brown countershading similar to Elizabeth`s version.

(The picture here was taken by Marilyn)

Dinoreplicas

The three examples above are all lovely, I'm a long time admirer of Mr. Garratt's Deviantart portfolio.
Don't mind admitting I'm a little envious of his colour design and painting skills.

Lone Trike

***20€ Etsy-Coupon code giveaway***

Hi everyone! I currently have 5 Etsy-coupon codes (each 20€!) sponsored by Etsy that I want to give away to you guys. So if you´re interested in buying at my Etsy shop, this might be a good chance to save some money!
To make it simple just write me a message. The first 5 people who write me will receive a coupon code!

Please note that you gonna need an Etsy account to redeem the code! Also, if your currency is anything else but Euro, you probably gonna have to change the currency settings of your account to Euro temporarily!
The codes are valid until Dec. 24th 2018!
(The giveaway is running on my DeviantArt account as well with another 5 codes, so the total amount of coupon codes is 10)

Good luck ;)

Other than that, I have a new product online! The 1:20 scale Carnotaurus sastrei is finally available. I revised the model a little bit, made new molds (as the old ones were just not well made) and reinforced the left leg with
a steel rod to give it greater stability. The biggest parts (torso and tail) are hollow casts filled with a rigid PU-foam to save weight (and keep shipping costs down) and prevent deformation.

Additionally, I now offer my 1:60 scale Hell Creek based models as a whole collection with a 15% price advantage over the individual model kits!

And last but not least I offer free shipping from Dec. 9th until Dec. 16th for the Carnotaurus and the Hell Creek Collection as well!

Shonisaurus

If I had money and places to keep these magnificent dinosaur sculptures out of rigid materials, I would certainly buy them. I admire all serious collectors who have all these wonders of paleo-sculptural art works. In my case I have only been able to limit myself to several sculptures of Favorite and the kosmoceratops (the best I have had of this species) of Jetoar.

Today they sent me a message from urzeitshop.de where they told me they were selling resin figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (mostly mammals) but at prices that are impossible for me to buy, not because of their cost but because it would be very difficult and expensive to preserve. It's like having museum pieces. In fact I have fossils of prehistoric animals including a hadrosaur (ribs) whose conservation in my case to avoid its deterioration costs your money.

Finalizing the carnotaurus of avatar_Lone Trike @Lone Trike  is very good and the offer is affordable for what I see but in my case I would buy it if it were made of material like PVC or vinyl, although by the way that Kit carnotaurus is a masterpiece. I congratulate you.

Fenestra

What a beautiful Carnotaurus.
I'm not sure how to be a contestant for the gift code when you say: "just write me a message".
Message you here with PM, on Etsy or by E-mail?
Either way, I need that Carno.  ;D

Lone Trike

Quote from: Fenestra on December 09, 2018, 08:22:54 PM
What a beautiful Carnotaurus.
I'm not sure how to be a contestant for the gift code when you say: "just write me a message".
Message you here with PM, on Etsy or by E-mail?
Either way, I need that Carno.  ;D

Thank you very much! I´m glad you like it :). Sorry, I wasn´t really precise here. A PM would be enough, but an email will do, too.
I got your entry by the way and already sent you the code as well  ;)

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 09, 2018, 01:37:26 PM
If I had money and places to keep these magnificent dinosaur sculptures out of rigid materials, I would certainly buy them. I admire all serious collectors who have all these wonders of paleo-sculptural art works. In my case I have only been able to limit myself to several sculptures of Favorite and the kosmoceratops (the best I have had of this species) of Jetoar.

Today they sent me a message from urzeitshop.de where they told me they were selling resin figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (mostly mammals) but at prices that are impossible for me to buy, not because of their cost but because it would be very difficult and expensive to preserve. It's like having museum pieces. In fact I have fossils of prehistoric animals including a hadrosaur (ribs) whose conservation in my case to avoid its deterioration costs your money.

Finalizing the carnotaurus of avatar_Lone Trike @Lone Trike  is very good and the offer is affordable for what I see but in my case I would buy it if it were made of material like PVC or vinyl, although by the way that Kit carnotaurus is a masterpiece. I congratulate you.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Shonisaurus! I understand your concerns. And you are right, PVC is a much more durable and long-lasting material. Though it is also limited to largely industrialized production processes, which as a small manufacturer I just cannot afford. So liquid resins are pretty much my only option here. And although PU-resins are more brittle and not very UV-resistant compared to PVC, for static sculptures that will most likely be painted and varnished it won´t be much of a problem in my opinion. As long as you keep them out of direct sunlight and maybe remove the dust from time to time :)), they will last a very long time as well!

Fenestra

Thank you so much! I redeemed the code and ordered the Carnotaurus.
I'm so happy!  ;D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lone Trike

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: