News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I continue with my story (I have to emphasize that not only did I buy that year 1999 the figures of Carnegie I also bought those of Safari, the Chinese dinosaurs (that is to say the yanchuanosaurus, therizinosaurus and velociraptor), the velociraptor of the dinosaurs of china had bought it the first version of the Ayala store in Madrid in 1994, on the other hand, the second version of the velociraptor of the Chinese dinosaurs with more roasted colors, I also bought it almost twenty years later from the "Magic World" Ayala street when they received dinosaurs again by chance commented on my attempts to find the baryonyx of Collecta.

I have to admit that the figure of the velociraptor of the safari china dinosaurs I like very much and is for me with all certainty my favorite figure of that kind of all companies along with the feathered velociraptor of Doug and the velociraptor (although to those who read it be surprised) feathered Collecta.

The dinosaurs of china Safari company except the velociraptor that had no skeleton, I keep them with the skeleton included and the boxes.

With regard to the "dinosaur of china" mamenchisaurus of Safari made by the sculptor Ely Kish, who died unfortunately, it was impossible to find it since that figure in 1999 did not have the Museum of Natural Sciences where I really started that collection, so I had to wait for them to call me on the phone in 2005 to tell me the store of the Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid that said figure had found (is second hand, in perfect condition but without the skeleton), honestly I'm not tempted to buy another new figure with the skeleton on eBay because of the size, cost and most importantly I would repeat a dinosaur that I already have and that is like the first day (and that is second-hand).

I also have the dinosaurs bought that memorable 2010 Safari year from the memorable Field Museum of Chicago associated with the 2004 Safari "Safari Sue" those dinosaurs consist of two tyrannosaurs with one mouth open and one mouth closed, the torosaurus and the edmontosaurus (these last two species of dinosaurs are still very poorly represented in the market of dinosaur toy figures and best-known prehistoric animals). They are small but very well made figures.

I also have my oviraptor figure with Safari nest for me an "art work" based on the work of art by paleontologist Luis Rey and the eggs of Safran's Tyrannosaurus hatchling purchased from the Catalan store www.tododinosaurios.com. in the year 2010, and the figures Baby Louie Dino Egg and Oviraptor Egg bought in the year 2010 in the magical world. All are complete works of art with your velociraptor already commented that I framed (is my philosophy in the dinosaurs of China).

I also have the famous dinosaurs of Missing Links Prehistoric Mammals of Safari bought in their day in installments, that is, little by little I kept the figures in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid in 1999.

Consists of smilodon is a figure that I like very much, not only because of the size but because it is a great figure that rivals despite the years with other figures of current companies, the woolly rhinoceros and mammoth both the adult as the breeding and the family from neardenthales sincerely that part of figures, both the mammoth and the neardenthales did not impress me, nor impress me as in their day they impressed me and continue to impress me with the smilodon and the coelodonta antiquitatis or woolly rhinoceros.

I bought all the dinosaurs from Good Luck Mini's that are millimetric and I have them saved because of their size in a plastic envelope on my desk and I have them all except the velociraptor of 2018 that I will buy when placing an order at www. minizoo.com either to buy the dinosaurs of Mojo 2018 as the diprotodon.

With that I describe another group of figures. Another day I will explain what are the figures that I have of Wild Safari, my opinion about them and what are the ones I have, including the dodo and celacantho (fortunately existing).

Shonisaurus

According to what I promised I continued my history of collecting.

After the Carnegie dinosaurs, I'm going to focus on the safari dinosaurs (whose collection I fortunately have on my shelves and showcases).

I bought the first dinosaurs in the Museum of Natural Sciences Store in 1999 and I remember that it took several months to get to the store, I sincerely in the dinosaurs I was most interested in was the styracosaurus and suchomimus (old versions).

I bought those dinosaurs little by little among them the allosaurus of 1999 is a funny figure but it was not in the middle of what are the current Safari figures but we must also bear in mind that more than twenty years have gone by, the other versions of I did not buy paint honestly speaking. I also bought allosaurus breeding.

The adult apatosaurus 1996 and breeding of apatosaurus 1997 I also bought them in this shop, especially the adult apatosaurus I think despite the years a great figure and recommended for everyone who is a collector.
The mint green brachiosaurus model 1996 and its 1997 breeding

The 1996 model carcharodontosaurus impressed me especially because it was the first figure I had of that strange dinosaur. The ceratosaurus Safari 1996, that figure did not interest me as the others seemed to me and I am sorry to say it more interesting at that time Schleich ceratosaurus apart from its size that I found more exciting as a figure, although it was more inaccurate from the scientific point of view that his pair of Safari, his retro image I liked more, but that's another story.

The pachycephalosaurus red version of Safari was a very nice figure although it could not compete in physical size with its pair of U.K.R.D. It was certainly much better from the point of view of finishing, details and scientific precision. For me, Safari and Carnegie have always been my favorite companies with Collecta, Battat and Play Visions among other companies because they are very precise scientifically and all their figures are very well achieved.

And the 1996 adult parasaurolophus and its parasaurolophus breeding from 1996.
The adult stegosaurus and stegosaurus breed in 1996 some figures from my point of view less interesting within the set, but obviously for completeness I bought them.

I also bought the blue model styracosaurus from 1998. It was a figure that I was passionate about, it seemed to me from another world. I had never seen a toy styracosaurus, I think if I remember correctly that it was my first figure and most importantly I liked its horns a lot, I used to compare it with the coelodonta antiquitatis or shaggy rhinoceros of Missing Links of the same Safari brand and I was passionate about comparing them together, as if they were evolutionary parallels in the animal world.

The triceratops blue version of Safari 1996 and its equivalent breeding triceratops of 1996 color also blue.

The green tyrannosaurus of Safari and its breeding tyrannosaurus of 1996 and of course the adult utahraptor and breeding of 1996 that for me were a novelty as a species until I bought that same year its WWD counterpart.

With that I do an initial review of the figures I bought. Obviously I was left with the desire to buy suchomimus and other figures, they would have to wait but that is another story that I will tell in the next day.

Lanthanotus

How can you remember all those dates, when you bought which dinosaur where,... did you write that down? :)

stegosauria

Yeah I find also amazing that you remember besides all these infos even the circumstances too. I'm just sorry that Safari didn't reach Hungary that time. Then I could have much more Safari figures.

Congratulations for these detailful descriptions about your collection.

Halichoeres

It really is quite a feat. I've been collecting only a couple of years and I can't remember when I got some of my figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 30, 2018, 06:32:57 PM
How can you remember all those dates, when you bought which dinosaur where,... did you write that down? :)

For the date of collection of dinosaurs, and even in events of my personal and family life I have a very good memory. That yes in relation to the date in which the dinosaurs were produced I have to resort to the page of www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com to verify which were the dinosaurs that I bought. I have to confess that although they are an amateur "amateur" I have a collection of pretty cool prehistoric animals. In the following days I will continue commenting with all kinds of details every acquisition of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs, I recognize that I am a person dedicated to the world of dinosaurs and prehistory.

My colleagues and colleagues tell me that I am "in love with dinosaurs and animals in general", in fact they gave me (as I work in a Public Library) a complete DVD of the BBC series (Walking with dinosaur ) With that I tell you everything.

I thank all those present for the interest in my story because it is one hundred percent true.

Shonisaurus

I had to wait until the year 2010 because in 2000 the Museum Store of Natural Sciences of Madrid stopped selling dinosaurs of Carnegie / Safari because the Spanish distributor of Safari went bankrupt.

However in the first decade before the year 2010 I do not know exactly the date but I think it was in 2004 I saw that they announced the theme park of Dinópolis in Teruel and researching the Internet I saw that they had a store called the Store and they told me that They had many dinosaurs (at that time I had only those of Schleich, Bullyland and the referred ones) but they told me that I had to physically attend that theme park so they would sell me dinosaurs since they had Safari, at the end after some negotiations they sent me a catalog with the dinosaurs that had only agreed to sell me the stewartgi pterandon of 2004 with articulated wings I keep it as all my dinosaurs with their badges and in perfect condition except for a wing whose rubber broke and the 2010 Safari spinosaurus by the way quite bad from my point of sight.

In 2010, as I said, I discovered that the "Mundo Mágico" perfume shop / toy store on Ayala Street had these dinosaurs and decided to buy them. It was a golden opportunity, apart from the Carnegie dinosaurs that I bought in that shop, I bought the following dinosaurs from The Safari brand:

Anhanguera Safari 2007 was my first important serrated dinosaur in my collection and I sincerely liked it a lot.
Brachiosaurus Safari 2008, that figure was pretty but not like the last Carnegie brachiosaurus from my point of view.
Dunkleosteus Safari 2007 perhaps my favorite dunkleosteus although I also like the Favorite and certainly the Collecta 2018.
Dilophosaurus Safari 2009 another of my favorite figures.
Leptoceratops Safari 2004 I bought two figures in his day one I gave it to a niece granddaughter.
Postosuchus Safari 2009 is my favorite postosuchus even more than the WWD and Bullyland batrachonomus. It is of a quality and own invoice of a luxury brand like Safari.
Styracosaurus green version of Safari 1998 (as I mentioned that styracosaurus is one of the preferred cerastosides and more that of the Safari brand) although I am not in favor of buying dinosaurs duplicated and repainted, with respect to the figures of dinosaurs repainted the Safari brand I bought without blinking his new version of paint was as good as the other violet version of Safari as I call it.
The triceratops Wild Safari 2009 I liked very much was much better than its predecessors of the same brand until it came Carnegie and especially this year 2018 by Doug Watson.

Safari velociraptor 2008 by the way very tending to abrasions so I had to buy another new figure and put it in one of my showcases to preserve it from bumps and chafing a great figure indeed although it is now outdated.
And the 2006 tyrannosaurus feathered as I call it from Safari and the 2007 Tyrannosaurus from Safari.
    I was missing some figures because as I said, the Safari company in Spain took over again a distributor that did not sell the figures of Wild Safari and only sold those of Carnegie.
By chance I was told that the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid that sold the dinosaurs of Carnegie / Safari because a distributor had marketed that brand in Spain and by chance I bought the safari nigersaurus 2009 one of my favorite figures of sauropods that Sincerely it is of a superior invoice to Collecta's nigersaurus.
And the tapejara of 2009 whose neck is folded unfortunately and whose second version I bought from the German shop.modellpferdeversand.de and unfortunately has the same pathologies.
I had to wait for that distributor to go to buy more dinosaurs to the Magic World of Madrid until its sad disappearance in 2014 and it was in 2013 in June when I bought the 2012 Safari acrocanthosaurus an improvement that surpassed its predecessor and perhaps the best figure of acrocanthosaurus that I have in my collection,
The apatosaurus 2010 of Safari one of the best figures of apatosaurus ever made to my health, only surpassed by the diplodocus of Battat.
The 2010 coelacanth of Safari my favorite figure now I hope Brett the Favorite Soft Model's Coelacanth and I think they will make a good team in my collection.
The inostrancevia 2011 a very well-made figure that overshadows the Schleich dinogorgon.
The Kaprosuchus Safari 2011 that exceeds all my expectations, the kentrosaurus 2011 of Safari very similar to its pair of Collecta and the only thing that bothers me about both figures is its millimeter size, I like dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of acceptable size, although they are not big without saying that the kentrosaurus Safari is an impressive bill.
The liopleurodon of Safari 2010. The 2010 ramphorynchus a long-awaited figure in my collection and I keep it in one of my favorite shelves for now is the only figure of that spectacular flying reptile or pterosaur that I have but is worth ten.
The Wild Safari scutosaurus is another awaited figure and I have it in my best collector's showcase.
The vagaceratops 2010 Wild Safari I really like the ceratopsids and more if they are as rare as those of this species.
The Safari ceratosaurus 2012 another of my favorite figures in the toy market.

The 2012 Wild Dragon Dracorex is another figure that I love maybe has a few feet too big.
The diabloceratops and the dimorphodon of Wild Safari 2013 I like much more perhaps the dimorphodon at that time that pterosaur was a rare figure in the market of the toy attitude that other companies would not take in taking away that sad fame and the gryphosaurus of Safari another of my Preferred figures that I had replaced by abrasions on two occasions now the third I have in a closed showcase, I call it the gagada figure is one of my favorites.
I also have the 2013 Safari elasmosaurus that suffers a slight abrasion on the back
The edmontosaurus of 2012 another figure I got from the Magic World and the only thing I do not like is its size considering that it was a pretty big creature.

The gastornis of 2013 one of my prettiest prehistoric bird figures that I have in my collection together with the kelenken of Collecta and the diatrima of Bullyland.
Also I bought to be an extinct bird the dodo or raphus cucullatus of Safari that was much better than its counterpart of Papo, I said it was because it is already out of print like so many other figures, I have it stored in my favorite showcase.
I also bought the prehistoric trees Agathis conifer, Cycad and tree Fern that I have in my best shelves.
And I also bought the second repainted versions of dinosaur pups Safari, triceratops, allosaurus, parasaurolophus, pteranodon, stegosaurus and utahraptor of Safari, apart from that I bought hypacrosaurus breeding (this figure is not repainted) that I lacked in my collection, and unfortunately I did not have the brachiosaurus breeding repurposed from Safari that figure I bought it at shop.modellpferdeversand.de the brachiosaurus in the year 2013.
As I said in 2014, it broke the "Magic World" store and I decided to buy the figures in stores like shop.modellpferdeversand.de in 2013 I bought in that store the megalodon (my first megalodon from a toy company), molophosaurus, pachyrhinosaurus, suchomimus and ammonite

The one that impresses me most is the pachyrhinosaurus, molophosaurus and ammonite are the favorite dinosaur figures that year.

Also in that year in 2013 I bought the evolution of man in shop.nahico.com.
In the year 2015 in February I bought at shop.modellpferdeversand.de the following safari dinosaurs of 2015 archeopteryx, nasutoceratops, yutyrannus and sauropelta this last one my favorite of Safari dinosaurs and the favorite by critics as the best dinosaur of the year by the prestigious "Prehistoric Times" magazine

In the year 2016 I bought at shop.modellpferdeversand.de at the end of January I bought the following safari dinosaurs: masiakasaurus, iguanodon, plesiosuchus, shunosaurus and carcharodontosaurus.
The masiakasaurus is perhaps my favorite because it is a very little known species and very rare in the toy market, regardless that the winner of that year was the iguanodon of the same sculptor Doug Watson is perhaps the masiakasaurus my favorite figure of Safari.
At the end of 2016, I bought the dinosaurs that are well known by all of Safari 2017, and that I mentioned in the forum's day:
Parasaurolophus, coelophysis, tylosaurus (striped as I call it), quetzalcoatlus, psittacosaurus, microraptor, kronosaurus, giganotosaurus which is another of my favorite dinosaurs, feathered tyrannosaurus (my favorite theropod Safari next to giganotosaurus), feathered velociraptor (the best velociraptor made up the date according to my opinion), einiosaurus, diplodocus that competes with genius with that of Battat and deinocheirus.

Then at the end of last year in 2017 Miron from urzeitshop.de told me that I could book Safari 2018 dinosaurs and that's what I did and I bought them in one sitting they arrived for Christmas and it was my best Christmas present.
I bought the dinosaurs of 2018 hyaenodon, megacerops, macrauchenia, dimetrodon, ankylosaurus and triceratops (my two favorite dinosaurs this year by Safari), regaliceratops (a great figure), American mammoth or mastodon, anzu and amargasaurus the latter is from the best that has been done together with that of the brand Battat, malawisaurus another very great figure, daeodon the best of its kind in the toy market and the uintatherium.

Safari's "The Great Dinosaurs" I bought them in the "Magic World" of Ayala Street before they closed the shop and I bought the tyrannosaurus, velociraptor, stegosaurus, spinosaurus, therizinosaurus (one of my favorite figures of therizinosaurus) maybe I stopped be it with Paiz therizinosaurus and apaotosaurus.
The stegosaurus and apatosaurus I have in my summer house, while the pteranodon (which was already discontinued) I bought thanks to Dejankins and now fortunately I have it since October 26, 2017.
Of safari toob I only have the following figures, Fossil Toob 2011, Prehistoric Sea Toob 2010, American Museum of Natural History Museum (ANHM) Dino Toob 2005, Prehistoric Shark Toob, Prehistoric Crocodiles Toob and Safari Ltd Cambrian Era Toob.

I bought all of them in the beloved "Mundo Mágico" store on Ayala Street.

This is my collection of prehistoric animals of Safari, next Saturday I will continue with my story. I hope it's in the interest of some forum member.

Jose S.M.

The Safari journey has been a long one, and it's still going! That company has a lot of trajectory for sure. It's very interesting to me to see how you "hunt" for the figures on physical stores, it must be nice seeing all the stock and inspection the figures and choose your favorites. I can only purchase them from the web, nothing arrives to my country.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 02, 2018, 01:22:26 PM
The Safari journey has been a long one, and it's still going! That company has a lot of trajectory for sure. It's very interesting to me to see how you "hunt" for the figures on physical stores, it must be nice seeing all the stock and inspection the figures and choose your favorites. I can only purchase them from the web, nothing arrives to my country.

I understand you José in a physical store you have a meat and bone salesman that you know and if it is nice as it happened to me and it happens to me you just have an appreciation, it's almost like family.

In an online store it is more practical but sellers personally do not know them is the difference.

Shonisaurus

As a result of errata to my story I point out that both the daodon and the mastodon or mammoth americanum of Safari did not buy them on urzeitshop.de.

The daeodon I bought from Dejankins and both he and the pteranodon of "Great dinosaurs" I received on October 27, that is, one day after what I said. I remember it because that day we received the sad news of the death of a relative in this case an aunt of mine who had Alzheimer's disease for ten years.

On the other hand American mammoth or American mastodon I bought it from an eBay store. From what I said about those Safari 2018 animals that I bought them from urzeitshop is incorrect.

As for the pteranodon of "Great dinosaurs" I received it with the daeodon on October 27 and not on October 26.

Bokisaurus

I'm really finding reading about a figure without any photos to be a fascinating experience.  :))

Libraraptor

A thread without pictures but with still an entertaining value!  Keep up the wood work!

stegosauria

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 02, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

I also like to buy in an actual store when I can examine the figure I want to get but If I want to get particular figures now I have to rely on online store and yeah, not the same experience when you can choose your own new figure. But I think I'm lucky considering that you can buy just old chinasaurs while in Hungary I can't get just Safari and CollectA and some of the Papos (but these companies have the best figures). You can't get anything good in the neighboring countries too?

Shonisaurus, your story is really packed with infos and just made me realize how many Safari figures I didn't acquire yet while they were released 5-10 years ago.

Shonisaurus

Thanks Libraraptor, Bokisaurus and Stegosauria for your comments. Today in the evening-night will return to publish more data on the history of findings of other dinosaur companies as promised.

I also unfortunately have problems finding dinosaurs from other toy companies in my nation. Unfortunately Favorite, Kaiyodo, Colorata, Tiptoi and even in recent years Bullyland for example are very difficult but impossible to find in a physical store. And let's not say of companies like Recur, PNSO, Vitae and Battat. Fortunately, we have online stores where we can buy any person of the nationality that is the dinosaur toys that we can not find in our respective countries. I agree that it is a pity that for example as it says stegoauria can not find dinosaurs in Hungary of Collecta or Safari and even Papo.

According to Jose, it is very annoying not to find in your nation physical stores in your nation where to find your favorite dinosaurs.

I guess it depends on the demand and the solvency of the distributors so I have proof the distributor of Carnegie / Safari now of Safari has changed in my nation at least four times of distributor.

The one of Papo in Spain is the second distributor since the first one was declared in bankruptcy.

As far as Collecta is concerned, it is the second distributor that takes over the marketing of dinosaurs in my country.

Shonisaurus

Now I am going to tell roughly the data about my Collecta collection, about what I have.

In the year 2008 in September I was informed in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid that there was a new brand of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals commercialized and that these figures had been saved, except for the yellow parasaurolophus 2007 that they did not have because they did not I commercialized the store for quality and aesthetic reasons I bought all the dinosaurs among them figured.

The tyrannosaurus rex Collecta Deluxe 2007 very similar in its forms to the tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park however for me it is and still is a great figure.

The pteranodon Collecta 2007 Deluxe is another figure that I liked a lot especially for its transparent wings as I call them, it is a favorite pteranodon figure sincerely speaking and it is a pity that a pterosaur so represented in the market still does not have a dignified figure of size, for me it is one of the best pteranodon figures next to Favorite.

Ankylosaurus Collecta 2008 Deluxe impresses me only the size however it is not my favorite I did not buy its new version of 2012 because in this case I am not a completeist with respect to Collecta, I did not buy the version of the triceratops Deluxe from Collecta repainted for quality reasons and Of space.

Spinosaurus Collecta Deluxe version of 2007 also belongs to the obscure era of Collecta it seems more like a figure of the Crystal Palace of London to a scientific figure. The thing would vary with the new spinosaurus deluxe ten years later.
And the Augustinian of 2008 Deluxe of Collecta a figure that I liked in spite of its inaccuracies and that sincerely I have it in a preferential place in my shelves. Unfortunately I am spoiled despite the care I have for the figures and due to weather issues it made me sticky so I had to buy another new figure to urzeishop in the year 2017.

And the baryonyx of 2008 that sincerely despite the criticism is for me a great figure of toy and collectibles and although it does not have the beauty of other companies like Invicta its size excites me as a figure.

From the figures of Deluxe of 2009 of Collecta of the following year I bought:

The Hylaeosaurus Deluxe from Collecta 2009 is obscure but it does not let its ivory tone colors look great on its bones.

The paraceratherium Deluxe 2009 for me a much-awaited figure in my collection since to date I had none and so far unfortunately is my only paraceratherium figure. Honestly what I do not like about this figure is its rigid plastic and I had the same problem that with Agustinia Deluxe of Collecta it became sticky despite the care I had to buy a new one in this case to the German company shop.modellpferdeversand.de in the year 2017

The Deluxe Paralititan of 2008 sincerely one of the weakest figures of the group of saurópodos of Collecta next to his Brachiosaurus Deluxe, too small for what one would like that figure to be considering that it was a sauropod of considerable size despite the remains fragmentary

The smilodon of Collecta 2009 that is a mere caricature from my point of view and I say it with respect to the sculptor compared with his new improved version.

The stegosaurus Deluxe Collecta 2009 sincerely a figure of stegosaurus quite acceptable and for me one of the best of that year and is still a great figure from my point of view perhaps not exceptional but with a score much higher than acceptable.

And the mammoth primigenius of the year 2009 Deluxe the adult and the standard figure of 2009 breeding two very good figures despite those years but who need a reissue from my honest point of view. The figure of the adult mammoth I like the most are the detailed teeth, a detail that plays in their favor.

And the scelidosaurus Deluxe of 2009 for me a great figure although it has very detailed criticism and that perhaps kills those huge pink spines that it has on its back.
In the year 2010 of the Collecta Deluxe figures that I bought were the following:

The kelenken Deluxe 2010 my favorite horror bird figure along with the gastornis of the company Safari. What I value most about this species apart from its rarity in the toy market is that it is very flexible which makes it very acceptable when it comes to avoiding bumps or abrasions due to falls, however this figure has a slight abrasion at the peak due to a fall from one of my shelves. A great figure despite the years. Collecta began to give strong in the toy market.

Jobaria Deluxe 2010 for me is the Jobaria that I had always wanted in this Collecta was very meticulous from the point of scientist on this figure and I think an outstanding figure.

The same I can not comment on the triceratops Deluxe of 2010 a very obscure and poor version of Collecta and very badly finished that yes the size supplies its deficiencies. In my case I did not buy his new paint reissue.

The brachiosaurus Deluxe of 2010 belongs to that dark age of Collecta the size of this figure is immense but the quality unfortunately from my point of view fails quite.

The rhomaleosaurus Deluxe of 2010 for me a favorite figure on poer the pebbles that has this number disposed.

The velociraptor Deluxe 2010 is one of my favorites from the company Collecta not only because of its size but because of its color and how it is modeled above all the feathers. He suffered a lot of criticism at the time but is a great figure for me.

The nigersaurus of 2010 is a figure with the perfect head from the scientific point of view but quite coarse in size with a sincerely thick neck and little polished I repeat. I liked it at the time but the safari nigersaurus is more perfect.
In 2012-2013 my Collecta Deluxe acquisitions were the following:

Dacentrurus Collecta 2012 is a figure that competes in genius with the Carnegie miragaia whose date of commercialization were even.

The 2012 megacerops Deluxe strike comments since it was the prehistoric figure star of the 2012 Prehistoric Times.

Collecta's 2012 neardenthal pair are sincerely acceptable figures but they lack a bit of realism from my point of view.

The deinotherium Deluxe of 2013 is a great figure whose figure surpasses in genius the one of Bullyland without the latter not ceasing to be a great figure.

Collecta Deluxe 2013 parasaurolophus is for me one of the best lambeosaurine hadrosaurids that has made a toy brand, playing with the theory that these creatures must have more volume than was believed due to the discoveries of the Dakota hadrosaur whose video I recommend it to anyone interested in the National Geographic theme.

The deinocheirus Deluxe of Collecta 2012 is another epic figure I keep this figure for reasons of stability with a plastic base now I adore the figures of Collecta of terópodos and even of Safari (giganotosaurus) with fixed base they are avoided falls.

Neovenator de Collecta is another figure that I like very much, the only drawbacks is that it has no plastic base to keep it standing upright and is too rigid. Honestly in this figure in front of what other members of the forum say does not need a reissue, it would only need a plastic base and be more flexible in the style of Kelenken or the dinosaurs of Mojo 2017. In terms of flexibility, a paraceratherium would be welcome. of that company reissued and larger.

From 2014 my figures collected were the following:

The arsinoitherium Deluxe of Collecta 2014 that sincerely although it is a great figure the paleoartistic license does not convince me at all in relation to putting hair in such an extinct mammal.

The therizinosaurus Deluxe by Collecta 2014 is a beautiful figure but nowadays it is canceled by the figure of Papo, independently that the figure of Collecta is much more precise and has an advantage that I highly value does not have an articulated jaw.

The carcharodontosaurus Deluxe of Collecta 2014 is another beloved figure in my collection, apart from its rarity it is a rare figure of theropod without articulated jaw and that for me is to put a ten to a company in order to avoid problems when it comes to whether the jaw is given or not.
My acquisitions of the year 2015 of Collecta were the following:

The great Guidraco Deluxe of Collecta 2015 that I have it in my main bookshelf a paleoartistic toy art work together with his other unforgettable colleague dimorphodon Deuxe of Collecta 2017.

Acrocanthosaurus Deluxe of Collecta 2015 has suffered criticism for me somewhat unfair and is a great figure whose stability is palpable although it could be better the figure I do not see many failures is a nice theropod.

The 2015 Collecta Deluxe moropus is a great prehistoric mammal that makes a good pair with my 1998 Bullyland chalicotherium.

The feathered tyrannosaurus rex of 2015 Deluxe of Collecta is another figure of true luxury comparable to that of Safari 2017 although the latter on its own merits won the prize for the best figure by the prestigious magazine "Prehistoric Times" this year 2018.

The Daeodon Deluxe of Collecta 2015 the only thing that I dislike about this great figure is his war painting as we call many members of the forum. Anyway, it makes a good pair with my Daeodon Safari 2017 and the daeodon of Mojo 2013 if I'm not mistaken for the year.

The lolpleurodon Deluxe of Collecta 2015 has a preferential place in my collection, taking into account that it does not have an articulated jaw and most importantly, it has lampreys attached to its body as parasites, an artistic license that I like about Collecta, the figure is superior to its counterpart rhomaleosaurus and evidence how this company improves year after year with its news.

In 2016, my acquisitions by Collecta were as follows:

Beishanlong Deluxe 2016 is a figure that makes a good trio of figures together with the therizinosaurus Deluxe by Collecta and the deinocherius Deluxe by Collecta. It is necessary to be grateful that a company like Collecta has put in its place the family of theorópodos ornithomimus (another remarkable example is the struthiomimus that I will speak on another day).

The torvosaurus Deluxe 2016 is another figure that honors the company when it comes to revealing avant-garde and almost unknown figures in the very well-finished toy market that belongs to the golden age of Collecta that we have been enjoying to date.

The thalassomedon Deluxe of Safari 2016 is a long-necked plesiosaurid that leaves this company in very good place both in quality and scientifically and paleoartistically speaking a figure of a collection rather than a mere toy.

The andrewsarchus Deluxe of Collecta 2016 is superior to other companies such as Bullyland's 1998, but we must bear in mind that in that company it has been almost twenty years since that figure was made. Everything has to be said.

Finally mention the great spinosaurus Deluxe 2016 based on his latest discoveries an award-winning figure "Prehistoric Times" along with iguanodon Doug Watson. The two deserve the prize.
In the year 2017 my acquisitions of Collecta were as follows:

The 2017 Deluxe Collector's dimorphodon considered the best prehistoric animal figure not dinosaur of that year by the magazine "Prehistoric Times".

The 2017 uintatherium Deluxe by Collecta is perhaps one of the best figures of that undervalued prehistoric mammal species along with that of the company Play Visions and without underestimating the paleoartistic creation of the great Doug Watson, whose figures are leaders in the international market and awarded with the best prize in continuous occasions.

The delinocheirus version Deluxe 2017 by Collecta that is better in size and quality than its standard counterpart and that makes a trio with the beishanlong and the therizinosaurus. Only the gigantoraptor is missing from my point of view.

Mention aside is the kronosaurus Deluxe 2017 of Collecta has articulated jaws does not let be a great figure but as those present know I am not a supporter of that philosophy in renowned companies such as Collecta or Papo for putting two examples, although I am nobody to amend the flat to a commercial brand.

Finally the styracosaurus Deluxe of Collecta 2017 one of the great recreations made of all time on that creature resembles in genius to companies like Sega or the resin version of Favorite.

On the other hand I also have the following dinosaur pups of Collecta (triceratops, stegosaurus, spinosaurus, brachiosaurus, parasaurolophus (with abrasions) and tyrannosaurus) figure not so outstanding to their Safari counterparts.

In the store shop.modellpferdeversand.de I bought in its day the two prehistoric trees monanthesia & cycadeoidea and Williamsonia.
In the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid I bought the gingko Biloba whose box I keep as the first day and the giant Cycad and for me one of my prehistoric trees preferred by its size and beauty.

Obviously the tyrannosaurus Deluxe 1:15 scale and the triceratops Deluxe 1:15 scale I did not buy them in their day due to their huge size. They are interesting but my shelves do not have the potential to house such figures.

Because I am preparing for examinations and my life will take several days to continue commenting on my acquisitions on toy and resin dinosaurs. I hope to return when I have the batteries charged. Thanks for your understanding.

Tylosaurus

All DTF members that collect dino's are veteran collectors imo.
Pictures or not, sometimes reading one's words the pictures take shape in one's mind as well so all cool man and very understandable 8)

Eventho for someone like me it's hard to imagine what an unknown item looks like but then again if this is your method , go for it :)
lovely collection though, rock on I'd say!

Shonisaurus

:) Thanks Tylosaurus for your words.

Next Saturday I promise to continue with my acquisitions story. I will go by brand and year by year to make the story more enjoyable.

Shonisaurus

I continue according to the comments with my stories of my acquisitions of dinosaurs.

As I mentioned in Spain, the brand of Collecta began to be sold on 2007 in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid. In this way I commented how I was acquiring the novelties of Deluxe dinosaurs or not dinosaurs and prehistoric trees. Now I will comment on the rest of acquisitions of this company.

The 2007 Standard Collecta amargasaurus I have to agree that it is a pretty loose figure improved with its Deluxe version. I bought it for collector's purposes that makes the entire collection.

The allosaurus Collecta standard 2007 is another figure that is very uninteresting from my point of view although it is not all bad it belongs to the most obscure time of Collecta. The time as we could say initial Collecta.

Ankylosaurus standard of Collecta 2007 a figure within what fits quite dignified and much better than its Deluxe version.

Agustinia 2007 standard of Collecta is a miniature of its big version Deluxe although in this case I prefer the Deluxe version in my case.

Baryonyx 2007 Collecta standard is perhaps even better than its Deluxe version.

Beklexpinax 2007 Collecta standard I understand that you need as many figures of the time obscure a new reissue. It is very rare in the toy market.

Brachiosaurus 2007 Collecta standard is perhaps one of its best sauropod figures made in that year. I also bought the repainted version.

Dilophosaurus 20017 standard and dracorex 2007 Collecta standard are obviously better figures of these animals in other collections of toy dinosaurs also need a reissue on all the dracorex since it is disproportionate.

Hydrotherosaurus 2007 Collecta standard the best prehistoric long-necked marine reptile figure made in many years up to that date.

Iguanodon standard 2007 by Collecta is perhaps a worthy figure based on the BBC WWD series. It does not seem like a bad figure to me but quite the opposite. But its difference in quality is abyssal with respect to the iguanodon of Collecta 2018 that I just collected from the Museum of Natural Science Store in Madrid.

Lexovisaurus standard 2007 of Collecta is rare in the toy market especially in those times but quite weak from my point of view.

Lioepleurodon standard 2007 by Collecta is a pretty good figure based on the WWD series.
Collecta's 2007 standard neovenator is quite cool, considering that it is a figure from the obscure era of Collecta.

Nothronychus standard 2007 of Collecta is a rare figure but it is very far from the image that I have about the therizinosaurus in general improvable.

Olorotitan standard 2007 of Collecta figure quite good considering that it belongs to the oldest time of the Collecta brand.

Pachyrhinosaurus standard 2007 of Collecta is a pretty cool figure for that time especially when said dinosaur was not very used in the dinosaur toy trade.

Parasaurolophus standard 2007 of Collecta I have repainted not the yellow one and I had to wait two years for the Museum Store of Natural Sciences to order it since they refused (and I think rightly so) to collect this figure from the distributor of Collecta toys in Spain for its terrible condition, they were not convinced by this yellow figure.

Polacanthus standard 2007 by Collecta is quite good but very small.

Pteranodon standard 2007 of Collecta figure in which I took the same as with the repainted parasaurolophus two years to get it is not a figure sincerely by the corriese but in order to complete the collection I bought it.

2007 standard Spinosaurus of Collecta I have both color version of this figure is a pretty good figure but no point of comparison has with the standard versions that were made later and less with the Deluxe version that was awarded to the best prehistoric dinosaur next to the version of Doug Watson Safari sauropelta one of the best armored dinosaurs made so far.

Rebbachisaurus standard 2007 from Collecta a rather loose version of sauropod dinosaur that deserves better attention at dinosaur toy companies.
2007 Collected standard Shunosaurus of Collecta although it is not a precisely ideal version for its time it was for me something very important it was my first shunosaurus that it had of a toy dinosaur company, but the version is quite loose especially in the head.

Standard Stegosaurus 2007 by Collecta I think it's a pretty good figure and even equal or better than its Deluxe version.

Styracosaurus standard 2007 of Collecta although it is an obsolete version is one of my favorite figures of this company (it was it when I bought it and it continues being it) improved by the Deluxe version.

Triceratops standard 2007 of Collecta version a little loose of that dinosaur but even better than its Deluxe version.

Tyrannosaurus standard 2007 by Collecta is a version that remains caricatured with respect to later versions.
Collecta's standard 2007 Velociraptor is a small but endearing figure, its feathered Deluxe version is much better.

Collecta's 2007 standard Cryolophosaurus is a rather lackluster figure from Collecta's uneven and obscure era.

In that year I bought these figures in several purchases (they came with the exception of the pteranodon and parasaurolophus) together and it was convenient for me to save so I bought these figures in several batches.

In the year 2009, I bought the following figures:

In 2009 I bought the figure of the alioramus, maybe it does not do justice to the dinosaur but because of its rarity (we know that Collecta is very used to make prehistoric animal figures rare in the toy industry and obscure luckily) I liked it.

Achelosaurus standard 2009 of Collecta a small figure but resultona from my point of view is a pity that they do not have the Deluxe version.

Cetiosaurus standard 2009 of Collecta figures quite loose for a company of toys of dinosaurs of the size of Collecta.

Collecta's 2009 standard Corythosaurus is a pretty good figure but it should be improved it does not have to envy other companies.

Gigantoraptor standard 2009 by Collecta is a very good figure as good as Capcon and I think I am not exaggerating. I hope that one day some company including the company Collecta make a worthy figure of that dinosaur in larger size.

Lambeosaurus standard 2009 of Collecta figure for me very greedy for my collection but of lower quality perhaps because of its size than those of the companies Invicta or Bullyland.

Megalosaurus standard 2009 by Collecta is a figure from my own point of view of the initial and unequal period of Collecta (obscure period).

Muttaburrasaurus standard 2009 of Collecta honestly I am left with difference with its version of Invicta.
Collecta's 2009 Ouranosaurus standard is not one of its outstanding figures, but neither is it bad at all.

Psittacosaurus standard 2009 by Collecta is perhaps one of the best figures of ceraptósidos of Collecta along with its styracosaurus Deluxe.

Rholetosaurus standard 2009 by Collecta is a very good figure from my point of view but I expect a reissue of that spectacular Australian sauropod.

Sarcosuchus standard 2009 by Collecta is a scarce figure in the toy market and I liked it at the time and I still like it.

Tarbosaurus standard 2009 of Collecta pretty representation of tyrannosaurido but improvable from my point of view I hope that one day they will make a Deluxe edition.

Tenontosaurus standard 2009 of Collecta of the best figures of dinosaurs of Collecta of that year very well done and that is in one of my favorite showcases.

Tylosaurus standard 2009 by Collecta is a poor and lackluster figure knowing his mosasaurus made by the same company.

Wuerhosaurus standard 2009 by Collecta is a pretty rare figure in the market, but of average quality at that time, it would be urgent for the company Collecta to be reissued.

The figures I buy all the years I have to emphasize in May and September. It has happened with the current distributor and with the previous one. The delivery of Collecta dinosaurs come in batches.

Next Tuesday I will continue with my accounts of standard dinosaur collections until today May 12 that I bought the iguanodon, mapusaurus, scuriumimus, mantellisaurus and dunkleosteus from Collecta that I will also comment on.

Shonisaurus

I continue with my story.

In the year 2010 I bought the following Collecta standard figures:

Afrovenator standard figure of Collecta 2010 were obviously improving the figures of dinosaurs although I think that this figure is not bad but neither good I would need a reissue from my opinion is too exotic a dinosaur so that it is so little represented in toy dinosaur companies. Collecta could do another standard or Deluxe reissue. I have my hopes.

Edmontonia standard figure Collecta 2010 is for me one of the best figures of Collecta that year, you do not have to envy the figures of other dinosaur toy companies.

Eotyrannus standard figure of Collecta 2010 for me is a figure within what is quite good and meaningful since it means the first time that Collecta is involved in the realization of feathered dinosaurs and apart from all a tyrannosaurid detail that is appreciated by part of a toy company.

Herresaurus standard figure of Collecta 2010 is a small figure but "matona" since it is one of the best paleoartistic representations of this dinosaurs made so far. At least the best I have in my collection.

Kentrosaurus standard figure of Collecta 2010 I think a great figure although it is inspired by the figure of Safari that year, despite the criticisms that were made against that figure by members of the forum that I totally respect and will know more than me, for me it is one of the best armored dinosaur figures made so far.

Lufengosaurus standard figure of Collecta 2010 is a figure dear to me in my collection mainly because that figure is first rare in the toy market and because it is quite well made, it is a prosauropod that goes out of the routine that dinosaur companies have , where only the prosauropod star is the plateosaurus a point in his favor to this avant-garde company.

Majungatholus (it was called like that) although its name is majungasaurus standard figure of Collecta 2010 it is a figure honestly quite weak from the paleoartistic point of view apart from that it has difficulties to stand upright. Collecta needs that reedite another figure in standard version or even in Deluxe version, because it is a great figure for which we are a collector. The majungasaurus that I would like to do a company would be one based on the successful BBC series of Planet Dinosaur. It deserves a better representation by Collecta.

Minmi standard figure of Collecta 2010 beautiful figure although the only defect that I observe of this figure is its small size.

Oviraptor standard figure of Collecta 2010 is for me one of my favorite figures independent of his mistakes and is in one of my favorite showcases.

Rugops standard figure of Collecta 2010 honestly although it is a much better figure than the majungasaurus is too small. However, it is a luxury detail on the part of Collecta's company to make a dinosaur that had only recently been discovered. Similar things have happened for this company as for example with gigantoraptor, deinocheirus (new version) or spinosaurus (new version). It's what I like of Collecta and could say the same of Safari that adapt to the new scientific revelations. I sincerely value it very much.

Tsintaosaurus standard figure of Collecta 2010 is one of my favorite dinosaurs although I know that unfortunately according to the latest scientific discoveries that mythical dinosaur "unicorn" was not as one imagined. It is truly funny the interpretation that Collecta makes about that horn but I sincerely like this figure a lot. I remember that I collected it in May (date on which the first Collecta figures come every year in the Museum Store of Natural Sciences) and the olorotitan are the lambeosaurine hadrosaurids that I love the most. For me one of their best standard hadrosaurs along with the parasaurlophus Deluxe by the Collecta toy brand. It is still one of my favorite figures.

Although I thought to continue my stories about my collection of dinosaurs that I have a figure as I promised to the UK today I have returned to the story. Tomorrow I will continue with the news. As the merchants who sold dinosaurs from Collecta commented to me until that date there was a lot of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals by Collecta but the quality was then somewhat irregular. From the following year is when they start to change positively and dramatically said toy brand to become one of the best that exist in the market.

As I said tomorrow, I will continue my story about my collection. I hope it is in the interest of some member of the forum and I regret as I have always said that I do not have a camera so that the figures that I have commented could be visualized. But even if there are people who do not believe it, it is not because I do not want to, but because I make an economy of war and sincerely I do not have the money that the majority has not only of the members of the DTF but also of many members of the society in which I live. It is the sad reality my collections are an encouraging sacrifice that

I do not regret but also involve many deprivations, even the essential ones, and that is the reason why I have a fourth generation mobile phone. It's the sad reality. Dinosaurs are my only hobby or "vice" although I do not like to call it that.

Shonisaurus

I continue my story about my collection:

In the year 2011 I bought the following dinosaur figures. In this time already Collecta as we know changed in the way of making his figures more successfully and that would be increased in quality until today.

The standard 2011 alamosaurus by Collecta is one of my favorite figures in my toy dinosaur collections and I like its details and its size, which is considerable. I value it a lot because of its rarity as a toy. A great work of art I have it as the first day, like almost all toy dinosaurs of all companies.

Ampelosaurus standard 2011 of Collecta is a great beautifully detailed figure and what I like most about this sauropod are his armor is made as I liked it and as I had imagined it.

Collecta's standard Attemborosaurus 2011 is another outstanding marine reptile figure in the toy market and in this case with the hydrotherosaurus of the same brand. The two are together in one of my shelves.

Collecta's standard Australovenator 2011 is perhaps the group's loose figure. I would have liked a theropod and especially so weird that it was done in a more finished way.

Concavenator standard 2011 of Collecta I have the version with base and without base a very scientific figure and a great theropod inspired by the work of Raúl Martín.

Hatzegopteryx standard 2011 of Collecta a great pterosaur that sincerely is more attractive to me than its other great sculpture of plastic quetzalcoatlus with prey (breeding of alamosaurus) although this figure is much more detailed than the hatzegopteryx I sincerely like this version more than as I said its another figure.
Irritator standard 2011 of Collecta this figure I only have it without base I am looking for the version with base. I have it in my showcase shelves to avoid falls. It is a great figure and deserves a larger version maybe XL or Deluxe version.

Liliesternus standard 2011 of Collecta I have the two versions with base and without base sincerely this version I like a lot along with the version of Bullyland are the only versions that I have of this dinosaur of the Triassic.

Lorinhanosaurus standard 2011 of Collecta I have the version without a base the other version I still do not have it is a pretty figure but with a size as many standard figures of Collecta little voluminous and very small.

The standard Torosaurus 2011 by Collecta is a very good figure, perhaps one of the best ceraptósidos along with psittacosaurus and the great styracosaurus on the part of Collecta apart from later versions of other species that I will comment later.

Utahraptor standard 2011 of Collecta is a figure that is average neither excellent or good nor bad or bad is a figure that is small but nice for an "amateur" collector like me.
With this I finish with my acquisitions of the year 2012 on the figures of Collecta Standard tomorrow I will continue with my exhibition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: