News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

I think CollectA did a great job with those 2 in particular. Don't have them yet, but they're on my wishlist. But I'm a very slow collector, so it will probably be a while until I get them.

Crackington

I like your photo of your spinosaurs altogether. Really shows how much things have changed in last couple of decades in interpreting the evidence.

Collecta made some great figures last year, we'll miss Anthony Beeson's influence.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on the acquisition of those lovely CollectA figures, your photography has also improved since I last saw. Also it is nice to see how the CollectA Paraceratherium looks next to the IToy rendition.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I am also slow when it comes to buying dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals for reasons of economic prudence or savings. I used to spend a lot on dinosaurs but now I prefer to space out my purchases. Without a doubt, the edmontosaurus and the pteranodon are the stars of this group of dinosaurs from Collecta that I have bought, and the spinosaurus from the same brand is highly recommended. On the other hand, the paraceratherium, honestly, I like its Itoy counterpart better, but we must bear in mind that this massive Itoy figure is of very high quality, such as the dinosaurs of Rebor, Nanmu Studio, Beast of the Mesozoic or W-Dragon. , to give several examples and the price of €90, which in its day cost me a very high price, without a doubt, is more than worth it.

avatar_Crackington @Crackington Thanks for your words. Undoubtedly, scientific advances have changed a lot when it comes to the appearance of today's spinosaurus and spinosaurs compared to the interpretation of spinosaurius, for example, Schleich 1996 or Carnegie's first spinosaurus with respect to current interpretations, they have supposed a sea change. Let's hope that there will be more scientific advances in other animals as radically and rapidly as has happened with the spinosaurus.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks. Honestly, Collecta's paraceratherium looks like the offspring of its Itoy counterpart but without a doubt, although for me it is a beautiful piece and I am glad to have my favorite prehistoric mammal on my shelves, I like Itoy's scientific interpretation better, although it does not detract from that figure , is much larger than its predecessor paraceratherium from Collecta and the quality of the figure is exceptional, on the other hand, fortunately the paraceratherium from Collecta 2022 is made of a more resistant material and not at all rigid than its counterpart from the same brand. Honestly, that paraceratherium is highly recommended. If my physical situation allows it, with a bit of luck, I will publish more photos of each of the prehistoric animals in my collection over time. Regarding the photo, it has improved, but it is not exceptional compared to other members of the DTF who are true artists of photography. I'm glad you liked the comparison photos, I've done them on purpose so that DTF members can see sizes and markings of a kind of prehistoric animal.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.